PDA

View Full Version : wow 9 in the whole state

07-18-2006, 10:53 PM
I just saw the story on Fox. I can't believe the Highway Patrol only has 1 D.R.E Trooper in troop C. If that's not bad enough only 9 in the whole state. Heck at Pinellas Park we have a little over 100 sworn. We have 5 D.R.E. What's really going on at FHP? I bet if you wern't so busy writing other cops tickets you could go to the school and become D.R.E certified.

07-18-2006, 11:03 PM
Your so transparent!!!! Why don't you keep your dumb comments to yourself and STOP stirring the pot.

07-19-2006, 02:05 AM
I just saw the story on Fox. I can't believe the Highway Patrol only has 1 D.R.E Trooper in troop C. If that's not bad enough only 9 in the whole state. Heck at Pinellas Park we have a little over 100 sworn. We have 5 D.R.E. What's really going on at FHP? I bet if you wern't so busy writing other cops tickets you could go to the school and become D.R.E certified.

Did you notice during the interview with the FHP spokesman that the spokesman explained the reason that FHP doesn't have more DREs is that the training is difficult so not many troopers attempt it?

:P :P :P

07-19-2006, 02:21 AM
Yeah well what does that tell ya about our state troopers? Are they going to the local Wakehut officer for Troopers? However it is a very hard course talking to the guys who went threw it with my agency.

07-19-2006, 08:22 AM
You people are retarted. You bash FHP all the way to the bank about how easy this job is. Filling out crash reports and printing tickets. They dont hand write things anymore, computer does it all. Since when do you need a DRE at a crash.....oh thats write you dont. What does the commom deputy or city officer do? They do FST and take the subject to jail, like they have done for the past 100's of years. Or you call someone to come do it for you. The trooper is working everything, with already over loaded work load, and no pay to go with it. And one more thing, they cant send people to the class, b/c they cant take troopers off the road b/c there arent enough to cover everything as it is!!!

07-19-2006, 08:28 AM
HEY IDIOT YOU WORRY ABOUT YOUR JOB AND WE WILL WORRY ABOUT OURS! THANKS

07-19-2006, 03:40 PM
Since when do you need a DRE at a crash.....oh thats write you dont.

The news story went into great detail about the need for a DRE at a traffic crash - including an interview with the victim of a particular crash and the identity of the guilty driver, who was under the influence of cocaine and prescription drugs at the time of the crash.

The investigating trooper simply reported that the driver who caused the crash crossed the median and struck an oncoming car "for unknown reasons." The trooper did not obtain a blood test report. Weeks later a medical report disclosed the cocaine and other drugs. A warrant has been issued but the driver has not been located.

The FHP spokesman insisted that the trooper did nothing wrong in his investigation. (Nothing but fail to do an adequate investigation.)

And one more thing, they cant send people to the class, b/c they cant take troopers off the road b/c there arent enough to cover everything as it is!!!

That wasn't the reason given by the FHP spokesman. The reason was that troopers didn't volunteer for the training because it was so hard. (So much for "cream of the crop.")

:(

07-19-2006, 09:58 PM
Test

07-19-2006, 10:03 PM
Do you really think the public gives a crap about how many DRE's your department has? Really no one cares, so put that in your pipe and smoke it and call a DRE to smell your piss....

07-24-2006, 06:00 PM
More jealousy...
You two sound like a "Wanna-be State Trooper" but was "REJECTED" from being hired as a State Trooper ;-D
I've been a local cop and now a State Trooper for 7 years and can tell you that YOUR job is boring! It's like being a "Glorified Social Worker" with all of the stupid domestics and especially responding to the SAME idiots. Of course you have the excitement of responding to alarms when it rains too, or even better playing the game of Politics when it nears election time and are even threaten by a drunk you've arrested because "He knows the Sheriff", geesh I bet you truly LOVE your job ;-D
I bet your Departments just SIMPLY hand-out DRE Certificates like paychecks on a payday ;-D

[quote="D.R.E":22ca9t05]I just saw the story on Fox. I can't believe the Highway Patrol only has 1 D.R.E Trooper in troop C. If that's not bad enough only 9 in the whole state. Heck at Pinellas Park we have a little over 100 sworn. We have 5 D.R.E. What's really going on at FHP? I bet if you wern't so busy writing other cops tickets you could go to the school and become D.R.E certified.

Did you notice during the interview with the FHP spokesman that the spokesman explained the reason that FHP doesn't have more DREs is that the training is difficult so not many troopers attempt it?

:P :P :P[/quote:22ca9t05]

07-27-2006, 01:20 PM
Ok what do you the Troopers do these days? Seven out of ten wrecks a CSO shows up not a Trooper. Yeah I know use thinking that THE HIGHWAY PATROL should be the best in the state at detecting impaired drivers is way off base. Heck a ten year old can spell the drunk, however it takes a little more to determine if someone is under the influence of signal 18. Therefore the reason to have DRE's. THE FIVE THINGS NEEDED TO MAKE THE FHP A BETTER AGENCY.

1. HIGHER PAY
2. BROTHER HOOD TAUGHT AT THE ACDEMY
3. THE EVERONE GET'S STROKE ATTITUDE NO MORE.
4. MORE TROOPERS (WHICH HIGHER PAY WILL HELP)
5. BETTER TRAINED TROOPERS

07-27-2006, 08:07 PM
Who died and left you in charge of what FHP should do? What a jackass you piece of crap why don't you go to your own board and talk, no, no, go and stir-up crap with your own Department. It's a "JACKASS" like you that will talk yourself right into a ticket with a smart mouth like that!!!!!

07-27-2006, 08:58 PM
More jealousy...
You two sound like a "Wanna-be State Trooper" but was "REJECTED" from being hired as a State Trooper ;-D

First off, Tallahassee takes EVERYONE who applies, so suck that smoke right back into your own ass.

Second, the mighty job that you do is only 10% of REAL police work. I will take a fill in the blank long or short form any day over calling out DCF.

Anyone who wants to be like FHP just joins a traffic/motor unit. Yes, they do work sig7/sig4's without any help from you boys. And our DUI's are the same as everyone else, including you....FST, hook them, transport, book them.

07-27-2006, 11:09 PM
"Who died and left you in charge of what FHP should do? What a jackass you piece of crap why don't you go to your own board and talk, no, no, go and stir-up crap with your own Department. It's a "JACKASS" like you that will talk yourself right into a ticket with a smart mouth like that!!!!! "

counldn't of said it better myself, go ***** and complain somewhere jesus!

07-28-2006, 01:30 AM
I sorry sometimes the TRUTH can hurt. I don't understand you guys every time we recommend a pay raise for yall you get your G string up your ass. I was replying to another idiot trooper who said the public doesn't care how many Troopers are DRE Certified. All I can say is he's a bright one. As to the 5 things I talked about. I know number two you didn't like. However we have bone head troopers who names I don't even need to mention the given tickets to cops. On duty off duty it doesn't make a difference. Come on admit it discretion isn't really a great strong point for your agency. Heck your spokesmen said that we need our troopers to use a little bit of discretion. Now if number 4 bothers you, I'm sorry. This would only benefit you and the motoring public. I'm sorry if I came off as an ass. However this is what I see from the outside looking in. Granted that I don't know the details of being inside the FHP. Stay say and I will still have your back in Pinellas.

07-28-2006, 02:25 AM
You actually have a pretty good idea. I have often wondered why the Sheriffs in Florida have never gotten together and HELPED FHP get more people. It would work out better for everyone involved. It would be better for the Deputies, Troopers and the public. It would give FHP more manpower to effectively do our job. It would free up Deputies to do "Deputy" stuff, instead of waiting for Troopers to arrive. It would be better for the public because we would have enough people to stop crashes before they happen.
As far as helping FHP get a raise, I think that's a good idea to. I once stood in front of a city council and fought for a raise for a city department. I didn't tell them I was a Trooper, but they knew it. I felt good about helping the PD, and they appreciated me taking the time to speak up for them. It worked out well for all involved. If we all stood together as cops, we could help each other get the things we need.

07-28-2006, 02:35 AM
There is no way to get rid of the Sherriff's Office and just have FHP, so why not get rid of FHP and spend the money on local/county depts???

Sounds like a plan to me.

07-28-2006, 07:35 PM
because we would have enough people to stop crashes before they happen.

what you gonna drive for them too. You people havent clue. Like little kids with your toy police cars.

07-28-2006, 08:07 PM
ok, i agree with the 5 things the other guy said to make fhp better, i don't think he meant any offense. as far as the dre thing...i definately see where dre's are useful, they have a ton of knowledge, however, i'm not a dre, and i can tell if someone is under the influence even if it's not alcohol, so i hook them up and take urine or blood, and let fdle tell me the rest. what's the big arguement about? dre's are very helpful, but it's not like a regular road cop can't handle it if he's the only one available.

07-28-2006, 08:42 PM
This is your answers to a better FHP
1. HIGHER PAY
2. BROTHER HOOD TAUGHT AT THE ACDEMY
4. MORE TROOPERS (WHICH HIGHER PAY WILL HELP)
5. BETTER TRAINED TROOPERS

Now , JACKASS answer your own questions that your department offers:
1. HIGHER PAY,
what is the pay at your department, so we know the big bucks you make??
2. BROTHER HOOD TAUGHT AT THE ACDEMY,
what academy?
I'm sure you take everyone to jail, that needs to go to jail, right?
4. MORE OFFICERS/DEPUTIES (WHICH HIGHER PAY WILL HELP)
I'll answer this one for you, "there will never be enough cops"
5. BETTER TRAINED OFFICERS/DEPUTIES,
fill in the blanks, again a no brainer is there really any other way to fill in the blanks?????

07-29-2006, 12:39 AM
1. Let's see my agency starts at 37,900 before shift Dif., Court and OT, plus all the other things you can make a little more for( lasar/radar,degree) My first yr I made almost 45 K

2. That would be the FHP Acdemey, everone know they try to make you a machine.

3. No I don't arrest everone. I refer charges, write N.T.A.'s There is also a difference state law requires me to enforce the laws of the state. The same can not be said for traffic. No where in state law does it require you give someone a 300.00 ticket. A good officer uses his judement to determine who goes. If you lie to me your ganna go, if your honest You might go home.

4. Really why does TPD, PCSO, HCSO all have waiting lest? Why are they not sponsering anyone?

5. Shouldn't the Highway Patrol be the best at signal 4's and signal 1's? The FHP should be making the Troopers who are going throught the acdemy go through the DRE school. Every trooper should be trained on it.

These are all problem's that have to be delt with by the Brass no road Trooper could change any of this. (Except the brotherhood) Also I should say that I don't think all Troopers are bad or anti brotherhood. Just recently they been around.

Stay safe, have a great night.

07-31-2006, 02:05 PM
There are many training classes we can take out there that would benefit us as the officer. How many of us go take Tae Kwon Do classes or practice Defensive Tactics? How many of us practice shooting? How many of us take swimming lessons? How many of us go to the gym everyday and exercise? How many of us eat healthy? How many of us have college? How many of us read up on the statute book? How many of us do anything to better ourselves? DRE is a good class to take. If it's offered to you and you want to better yourself and your knowledge take the class. If someone paid you to do any of the things I listed above I would say most of you would do them.

07-31-2006, 10:55 PM
EVERYTHING THAT A TROOPER DOES YOU CAN DO IN MOST SHERIFFS DEPARTMENTS OR LARGE POLICE DEPARTMENTS

1 COMMERCIAL VEHICLE ENFORCEMENT

2 AGGRESSIVE DRIVING UNIT

3 DUI UNIT

07-31-2006, 11:22 PM
Whats your point?....Your so cool we both can do the things...awesome

08-01-2006, 01:48 AM
You all sound like a bunch of 3rd graders on the schoolyard !

08-11-2006, 01:22 AM
What a bunch of wieners.....Go out and do your jobs, PD's, SO's and FHP. You know, what bugs me the most is that I enter this forum about once every 2-3 months and it's always the same stuff. Wine, Wine, Wine, blame and ridicule. Why don’t you use the forum as a tool for information that is reliable and useful to everyone wearing a uniform. I wear the tan uniform because I like it and respect it, I help other officers because I should, and I voice complaints personally, to their face, to the ones I may have a problem with. If you don’t like Troopers, next time you see one tell them what you really think. That way we can note your problem, who you are (your name) and help you, by kicking you’re a**. I think that’s fair. I don’t have a problem with any of the uniforms (PD, SO) that I have worked with in the past; most are great people with a job to do. Some are childish and have problems coping with challenges. I have never written a cop, unless I had too and they were a complete A** and then sometimes I even let the A**es go. So do what you want but if you want to Bitc*, go to some other forum, we really don’t need you.

07-29-2010, 05:02 PM
I figured since everyone keeps bringing up the same old posts that should die, I thought I should one up them and find one of the oldest dumbest post I can. I win.

07-29-2010, 05:15 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_femhrxbNtS0/S1Bdw31j7lI/AAAAAAAADW0/Z8bc4auahHI/s400/TROLL_01.jpg

Stop feeding the trolls!

07-30-2010, 09:29 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_femhrxbNtS0/S1Bdw31j7lI/AAAAAAAADW0/Z8bc4auahHI/s400/TROLL_01.jpg

Stop feeding the trolls!

that looks like one of the female troopers I saw the other night...

07-30-2010, 01:46 PM

:P :P :P

Try again...everyone wearing the trooper uniform has already endured the most intensive law enforcement training in the country, so that blows your whole theory out of the water. A trooper is hardly one to shy away from "difficult training."