PDA

View Full Version : Suspicious Motive

07-18-2006, 03:31 PM
I see on the retired agent board that the wife of one of the board members who got voted out of office a few years ago has posted a screed condeming the current board for not "doing enough" for a recently widowed wife of a retired agent.

Subsequent posts from current board members show that her complaint was without foundation. The widow herself has stated that the regional representative in her area was most helpful both before and after her husbands death.

This is not the first posting by the ex-board members wife that displayed "sour grapes" about having her husband voted off of the board.

It's a real shame that some people have such a lust for power that it extends even to the activities of a fraternal retiree group.

07-19-2006, 02:21 AM
The movement to oust several members of the old board was based on the perception (true or not) that they were all "Beltway Boys" who were running things solely for their own social gratification.

The movement was successful and the "reform" candidates did well for quite a while.

Unfortunately, we are now seeing some slippage where the rules are being (slightly) bent for convenience.

In the main it appears that everyone has good intentions, but there are always some people who will steamroller over others in order to stay in power.

Since I'm unwilling to run for or accept a board position I am unwilling to become overcritical of the way things are being handled.

When we see a post like that one of the wife of an ex-board member it is rather transparent what the true motivations for the criticisms are. The reference to sour grapes in the previous post are probably appropriate.