PDA

View Full Version : Trooper Burgos wins Prestigous Award

07-17-2006, 07:36 AM
Check out this award won by Trooper Burgos. Make sure you check out the picture.....

http://www.copswritingcops.com/dotm/june2006/index.html

07-19-2006, 04:20 AM
Burgos you may be new and immature, but the bottom line is that trooper have always been the # 1 violators of professional courtesy. In the eighties I heard stories of Central Florida Troopers pulling over and even writing fellow Troopers traveling north in marked FHP vehicle.. Mostly Anglo troopers writing Hispanic recruits on their way to the academy. That behavior is over, thank god… In my career Ihave pulled over many LEO, never wrote them, nor ever wrote a LEO family member… The moment I saw a badge or uniform patch I was heading back to my vehicle, while waving good bye. I never engaged in conversation nor reprimanding with a LEO who I pulled over. If you are going let them go, don’t delay, and just ride away…..

Best of luck to all you guys, please make sure you instill common sense into you new Troopers..

CAP
Miami PD

07-19-2006, 11:56 PM
I just read the story about Burgos. I've never understood the mentality of writing another cop, unless he's DUI and involved in a wreck, or is an ahole??? I've been a cop for 13yrs and I'm a Traffic Homicide Investigator. Unless a cop is out-of-line, rude and discourteous, he gets the same thing from me everytime "Be safe brother". I know that 5 minutes later, another violator will be coming down the road!

I hope Burgos learned a lesson from this and starts realizing that we are a brotherhood and need to watch each other's backs! Burgos, you can feel confident, that if you get stopped by me in Palm Beach County, you will get a smile and a "Be safe brother"!

06-29-2009, 02:40 AM
I just read the story about Burgos. I've never understood the mentality of writing another cop, unless he's DUI and involved in a wreck, or is an ahole??? I've been a cop for 13yrs and I'm a Traffic Homicide Investigator. Unless a cop is out-of-line, rude and discourteous, he gets the same thing from me everytime "Be safe brother". I know that 5 minutes later, another violator will be coming down the road!

I hope Burgos learned a lesson from this and starts realizing that we are a brotherhood and need to watch each other's backs! Burgos, you can feel confident, that if you get stopped by me in Palm Beach County, you will get a smile and a "Be safe brother"!

This guy definitely needs to take some lessons from NYPD. Maybe he should go visit them.

06-29-2009, 11:23 PM
This guy definitely needs to take some lessons from NYPD. Maybe he should go visit them.

Why are you bringing up a 3 year old thread idiot?

07-01-2009, 03:34 PM
If this is the incident I am thinking of the trooper did nothing wrong, again if this is the same case, the person pulled over was a retired City of Miami officer who had no police ID on him, he told the trooper he was a cop, and said he was speeding to his son who was dying in an automobile accident. While that was true, the trooper checked with dispatch to see if there was any fatalities or possible fatalities and dispatch said no, they checked with Miami-Dade PD for this information and Miami-Dade was not releasing any information even to our dispatch.

The Miami-Dade officer who was dying in the crash was in his personal vehicle and was DUI. It was a single vehicle accident. The trooper did everything correct, he had a subject with no retired police ID on him, Miami-Dade denied to FHP dispatch they were working any fatalities or possible fatalities. What else was the trooper supposed to do?

07-02-2009, 02:33 AM
If this is the incident I am thinking of the trooper did nothing wrong, again if this is the same case, the person pulled over was a retired City of Miami officer who had no police ID on him, he told the trooper he was a cop, and said he was speeding to his son who was dying in an automobile accident. While that was true, the trooper checked with dispatch to see if there was any fatalities or possible fatalities and dispatch said no, they checked with Miami-Dade PD for this information and Miami-Dade was not releasing any information even to our dispatch.

The Miami-Dade officer who was dying in the crash was in his personal vehicle and was DUI. It was a single vehicle accident. The trooper did everything correct, he had a subject with no retired police ID on him, Miami-Dade denied to FHP dispatch they were working any fatalities or possible fatalities. What else was the trooper supposed to do?

You stupid moron,the Ofc.in question was,still is a Lieutenant.Quit drinking your stupid Kool-aid and become part of the brotherhood.If i ever stop a LEO who is en route to the hospital,i am going to either have him/her jump in the car with me and we are code 3.or he can follow me code 3,but i am not going to write ,or keep them from going to their love one.God help you.