PDA

View Full Version : RE: Hiring process

07-17-2006, 05:31 AM
(continuation from the last post, it seemd to get pretty heated when i asked for some info of this agency)

I appreciate everyones views and information.

How lienent <sp> is the take home car policy?

Once hired are you required to live in the county?

How is the equipment and pay?

Thanks.

CTFUUU
07-17-2006, 08:59 AM
(continuation from the last post, it seemd to get pretty heated when i asked for some info of this agency)

I appreciate everyones views and information.

How lienent <sp> is the take home car policy?

Once hired are you required to live in the county?

How is the equipment and pay?

Thanks. I live out of county and I take my car home, although I pay for the gas from the county line to my home. I live 13miles from the county line. The equipment is good, but the quirks with the computer is a pain in the ass most times. They're currently working on those issues. I just attended a school with many other surrounding agencies and we have it better than most of those agencies, when it comes to equipment, scheduling and time off. Don't let some of these idiots who think that someone should still be wiping their ass for them, deter you from this agency. Every department has it's own issues, but I can say that our department has less issues than most surrounding other departments. The pay is comparable to most other large agencies surrounding our county.

07-17-2006, 02:37 PM
Ctfuuu wrote:

"The equipment is good, but the quirks with the computer is a pain in the ass most times. They're currently working on those issues."

Not a Slam Ctfuuu but I want to know who is telling you that the computers are being worked on?? I have been here since 1989 (inception of the Digicom MDT's) These things have NEVER worked with the Cad system properly!! Not the old MDT's and not the new tablets or lap-tops either. We were told for a year "Once the old MDT's data stream is shut down they will work flawlessly". Well we see that hasnt occurred. We are being dispatched off of a EMS / Fire cad system because the powers that be wanted to save money and the contract went to the lowest bidder. Unless the county invests in much better software these computers will continue to be sub-standard junk!

07-17-2006, 10:31 PM
CTFUUU is better informed then you think. Everyday they are trying to correct issues with the computers and yes they are getting somewhere. This includes hiring an IT person from the outside with a good background. Give it time. They have to fix one problem before moving onto another.

Today they were asking for input from patrol about what problems they are having. They can not fix it if they don't hear about the problems. Don't whine about the problems, submit feedback.

07-18-2006, 01:34 AM
Are you ****ing DEAF!!!??? The radio's have been ****ed up for 18 Years!!!! Hell-****in-OOOOOO

Sysop
07-18-2006, 03:42 AM
Sorry Guys,

I was forced to Ban a user for slamming a user and making fun of their sexual preference. Please read our Terms of Use if in doubt.

I also noticed that we still need to get a more permanent Moderator over here since your past Mod never made it over to the new Board. Any takers? You can email me at sysop@leoaffairs.com.

Thanks!

07-18-2006, 09:11 AM
Are you not listening to people talk. The Myakka Tower is going online and the other 2 at Lorraine & SR70 and Duette are being worked on.

By the way, we are not the only ones with radio problems. Its across the country. There are only so many frequencies to work with and there are so many users. Most of them are cell phone co's.

I'm going to bed; maybe when I wake up it will all be completed. I played SimCity before too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

07-18-2006, 11:32 PM
Across the country my ass, Have you ever been to Sarasota?? The radio's are PERFECT!!!