PDA

View Full Version : Deputy cleared in excessive force charge

News Flash
07-15-2006, 11:36 AM
Deputy cleared in excessive force charge
In April, Coffin was arrested in Sarasota County on charges of attempted murder of a law-enforcement officer -- a charge state prosecutors later dropped.

Among the charges pending against Coffin are battery on an officer and unlawful use of a weapon against an officer.

Sarasota authorities say Coffin snatched a Taser stun gun away from a sheriff's deputy and shocked two officers with it in a fight at his Nokomis home.

Coffin, who manages rental properties, allegedly hit one of the deputies in the head with the stun gun, sheriff's reports show. Click here (http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060715/NEWS/607150523/-1/HELP07) for the full story.

07-15-2006, 02:18 PM
this coffin guy is a loser and i am so glad he did not win. coffin dont mess with the police :D :shock:

07-15-2006, 04:47 PM
Coffin likes to "argue & fight" and that's clearly evident in both cases. If he had simply done what he was told to do both times, then the police would have just talked to him and then cut him loose, but instead, he decided to "fight himself into an arrest." :roll:

Yes folks, these kinds of nutballs are out there and they make our jobs very dangerous. They are not "normal" and they have mental health issues. Only mentally ill people choose to "fight themselves into an arrest" when officers just want to "talk" with them. :roll:

Sooooooo uhhhhhh Coffin's civil case was thrown out of court? LOL :lol: :mrgreen:

07-16-2006, 03:06 PM
i back the local leo's and i will continue to, we count on you all to protect us from these nutballs.