PDA

View Full Version : Terry lewis for sheriff

07-13-2006, 02:05 PM
Hey Guys why do you all think that terry will give up this new gig to become the sheriff knowing that he is pritty much hated here. It seems to me that he can live out his days making a nice salary and perhaps he will take that swat brother of his with him who cares. I'm a republican and I'm fed up with the double talk that we are always given. I heard this guy CL talk about running for office and his main agenda seems to be to get us up to par with the rest of the agencies as far as pay goes. He mentioned that with in 4 to five years we could be the highest paid. Hey what do I know other then we have been given lip srevice from everyone else in our own party so I just may give it a try. I heard about what happened to him but he makes no bones about hoiw he has changed his life and how he wants to make it so our deputies don't fall behind every time we get a stinkin 3% cost of living raise. He said the plan is easy and the fat has to go in some areas to get us to the right wages. I guess we can always trust LD or hope that BB will run again so they can keep jerking us around with the promises and promise of raisres that are putting us behind each day. What do you people think. :roll:

07-13-2006, 05:00 PM
Hey Guys why do you all think that terry will give up this new gig to become the sheriff knowing that he is pritty much hated here. It seems to me that he can live out his days making a nice salary and perhaps he will take that swat brother of his with him who cares. IMO TL has no real reason to run for sheriff, except for the "power." As the chief of NPPD, he'll be making 100,000k every year, which is quite a bit of jack. He would be better off staying with NPPD long enough to get vested and then retire... or stay until he's tired of working.
I'm a republican and I'm fed up with the double talk that we are always given. I heard this guy CL talk about running for office and his main agenda seems to be to get us up to par with the rest of the agencies as far as pay goes. He mentioned that with in 4 to five years we could be the highest paid. Hey what do I know other then we have been given lip srevice from everyone else in our own party so I just may give it a try. I heard about what happened to him but he makes no bones about hoiw he has changed his life and how he wants to make it so our deputies don't fall behind every time we get a stinkin 3% cost of living raise. He said the plan is easy and the fat has to go in some areas to get us to the right wages. Interesting. But running on a platform of getting us wages won't work in "the big picture." What is CL going to say to the voters to get their attention and their vote??? Inquiring minds want to know!!! Based on what you said, I'm definately impressed with what CL said, but "pleasing deputies" just isn't enough (sad to say).
I guess we can always trust LD or hope that BB will run again so they can keep jerking us around with the promises and promise of raisres that are putting us behind each day. What do you people think. :roll:Mannnnn I just don't know how to respond to that. :?

I can say that I'm definately against TL. He's a high-paid con man who struck it rich. As you know, most con men will lie through their teeth in a New York minute. :twisted:

07-13-2006, 06:51 PM
I realize CL can't run on just getting us a raise but another priority he had was getting more marked units on the road, and as he said with just a few major changes this organzation will be viewed as a more productive and professional agency. I felt that the good old boy attitude will be out the door. That can't hurt me I'm just a Deputy tring to make it through to retirement. At least that may give me a chance to get up in this world. You know something my Dad once told me that when your at the bottom of the barrel maybe you should use a newer ladder to get up if the old one doesn't make it for you.

07-13-2006, 07:07 PM
I realize CL can't run on just getting us a raise but another priority he had was getting more marked units on the road, and as he said with just a few major changes this organzation will be viewed as a more productive and professional agency. Yep, I definately like the sound of that. :) :) :)

I felt that the good old boy attitude will be out the door. I dunno about that. It seems like the good old boy system is here to stay and I really don't know if anything can uproot it because the roots are pretty dang deep. I know that we sometimes get an "upset" in an election, but not often. Balkwill's roots are pretty dang deep. Remember, you are inside the department, so the problems might look big to you, but to outsiders, everything is hunky dorey, so why should they upset the apple cart by voting for somebody other then Balkwill??? Balkwill has this county wrapped up, if he decides to run again. If he doesn't run, then I think that we're going to see a mad rush for the top like we've NEVER seen before!!! :? It'll be a madhouse!!!!! :? :? :?

That can't hurt me I'm just a Deputy tring to make it through to retirement. At least that may give me a chance to get up in this world. You know something my Dad once told me that when your at the bottom of the barrel maybe you should use a newer ladder to get up if the old one doesn't make it for you. LOL -- I like that!!! :lol: :mrgreen:

07-13-2006, 07:32 PM
Just remember that balkwill would have lost if those other two idiots had joined forces. He ain't going to run and LD is done in this county once DG starts in on him with all that he has. Heck if LD was smart he would be looking for another contact outside this agency so he has a place to hang his pants___OOOPS I mean Hat :

07-13-2006, 08:39 PM
I have to laugh at some of these postings. Lewis won't run, he has a decent job and North Port was very clear about wanting a chief who will be there 10 years. So, he will do just fine with his new salary, job and all the folks he will bring from here to join him.

Now, on to Dunklee... Stop the baggering on the crap that DG will bring out. Nothing there will hurt him all that much. A few sustained IAs for BS, nothing more. Larry will do ok, however truth is he will have a hard time winning against DG, especially with Pilon lending his support to DG. Larry may not be the best candidate, but he is one great guy. not much support for him out on the streets.

Curt Lavarillo? I met him several times and lately he has been very visable in the county. Im sure DG and the other will try to crucify him for the dui, even though it was dismissed and it could hurt him in the long run. I will say the times I have met him, he is a very articulate speaker and extremely Pro-cop! Moreso than most guys I know. That would be a change. Bad part is that he, like Balkwill, would favor the SRO unit, so they'd continue to be the golden boys.

Also heard Al Hogle will run from Long Boat Key PD, and remember him from SPD. Great Guy!

Ahhh, the fun starts!

07-13-2006, 09:09 PM
Lewis won't run, he has a decent job and North Port was very clear about wanting a chief who will be there 10 years. So, he will do just fine with his new salary, job and all the folks he will bring from here to join him.The old rumor that Kevin Gooding is going to run keeps getting recirculated. Does he still own property here in Sarasota County so he can still claim residency? Without residency, he can't run!

07-13-2006, 11:25 PM
One might think that KG will throw his hat in the running and TL will back him

07-13-2006, 11:56 PM
One might think that KG will throw his hat in the running and TL will back himOh well, after everything that I've seen, who knows??? :!: :!: :!:

2008 sheriff's line-up

The line-up: Bill Balkwill - incumbant - has deep roots in the community - cares for the troops - is honest - good egg.
[/*:m:1pqfbo7j]
David Gustafson - a has been - never worked as a supervisor, except when Balkwill gave him speciality rank (but didn't give him anybody to supervise) - is currently working as an entry-level patrolman for a campus police department and is still on probationary status - bad egg.
Al Hogle - Retired SPD staff officer - currently chief of LBKPD - good personality - good egg.
Kevin Gooding - Retired SSO staff officer - retired - is a fake.
Terry Lewis - Retired SSO staff officer - former FDLE chief - Highlands County undersheriff - politician - magnetic personality.
Larry Dunklee - Current SSO staff officer - cares for the troops, expecially the patrol division - humble personality.[/*:m:1pqfbo7j]

07-14-2006, 01:09 PM
YOu have got to be kidding me??? If you don't fully understand that DG will trounce LD, you don't know Sarasota Politics. Anyone who is anyone, knows that LD doesn't stand a chance to be Sheriff in this county. The guy has baggage deeper than most every deputy on the agency. He's the laughing stock of law enforcement, reformed boozer who BB promoted for some unknown reason and now has the knife stuck about half way into BBs back. Has another joke CF along side him just itching to become the chief deputy, and both are laughable. DG is an FBI graduate, law enforcement supervisor and has political experience (even if he lost by a small margin).

This will be one of the nastiest races ever when the news gets copies of a number of items removed from LD file by BB. Perhaps he is allowed to remove these items, however BB will still have to answer why he promoted him to the #2 spot, knowing his past drinking, domestic, sexual harrassment, crotch grabbing past. Now this looser wants to become our boss. NO FRIGGIN WAY! I know deputies just lined up to campaign against LD.

It will come to to AH and DG for the Republican -vs- CL in the Dem camp, and like always, this county will go Republican and DG will be named SHERIFF.

07-14-2006, 01:15 PM
If true, and DG does become the Sheriff, Pilon will be Chief Deputy. And just watch the retirements and openings then. I agree, LD won't win, but AH will be a contender and so will CL in the general election.

Wonder what all the PHd's will do for work??? Carney, Enos, Stinger, Rossi, Marshall, Carol?

DG, you have my vote!!!

07-14-2006, 01:30 PM
I have a hunch that Bill Balkwill is going to resign before he finishes his term ---- and if he does that, then it's going to be:
- a powergrab for his seat
- a dog-eat-dog fight for the top
- a madhouse
- a whirlwind of name calling & mud slinging :roll:

It'sssssss a maaaaaaaaaaaaaadhouse!!!!!!!!! :?

07-14-2006, 01:30 PM
I have a funny feeling that CL will run away with this . This county is made up of alot of us republicans but I'll tell you this the republicans are so use to winning and not having a Democrat running they just take it for granted that they are going to win. The problem is that they seem to count on that, and as a result less Republicans are voting. Just look at the turn out when BB won.....not very impressive at all. I say this is the year the Democrats come out in droves. If CL keeps talking the way he has, I feel better things are in store for us, then I'm going that way. I'm Just tired of the same old faces and the same good Old Boy attitdes around here that I would rather trust someone that was never a good old boy from where he came from. That is what will change the good old boy attitudes around this agency. It will take someone like him to do it. DG is a nice guy but lets face it he is a good old boy.

07-14-2006, 01:34 PM
I have a funny feeling that CL will run away with this . This county is made up of alot of us republicans but I'll tell you this the republicans are so use to winning and not having a Democrat running they just take it for granted that they are going to win. The problem is that they seem to count on that, and as a result less Republicans are voting. Just look at the turn out when BB won.....not very impressive at all. I say this is the year the Democrats come out in droves. If CL keeps talking the way he has, I feel better things are in store for us, then I'm going that way. I'm Just tired of the same old faces and the same good Old Boy attitdes around here that I would rather trust someone that was never a good old boy from where he came from. That is what will change the good old boy attitudes around this agency. It will take someone like him to do it. DG is a nice guy but lets face it he is a good old boy.I was going to vote for LD and I'm a Republican, but based on what I've read here about CL, I will definately listen to what he has to say. However, I've never voted for a Democrat and probably never will.

07-14-2006, 01:41 PM
Lets throw another Republican in the rin just to juice up things

TIM CARNEY- Captain, long time member and loyal SSO person-VERY likeable person has alot of politcal friends outside the agency that can help him. BB has always asked him for his support because of just that. And lets face it BB will never promote him and he is at retirement age so he would not have much to lose.

07-14-2006, 01:46 PM
Well if you'll never vote for a Democrat even if you may think he is better then you deserve to get what you get. Sometimes in life you have to get your head out of you ass to smell the roses. : :P

07-14-2006, 03:18 PM
Well if you'll never vote for a Democrat even if you may think he is better then you deserve to get what you get. Sometimes in life you have to get your head out of you ass to smell the roses. : :PThe Democrats are a bunch of crooks. However, I admit that the Republicans also has some crooks. BUT the Democrats have MORE crooks!!! :lol:

07-14-2006, 07:13 PM
follow your heart bubba, Just think when was the last time we had a democratic sheriff so be guided accordingly.I'll take the shot for the dem but I still want to hear more what CL has to offer us. I goota get my salary up and it just ain't in the cards with what I've see on the republicans side. I understand that CL came from Broward county originally and he knows the Sheriff there whooooooo is a democrat whoooooo has don wonders for the deputies as far as salaries there. CL claims that is what he wants to do. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I'm onthe side that gets me more money how ever he does it. :wink:

07-15-2006, 01:09 AM
CL? You've got to be kidding me? School cop. No real law enforcement experience. No command experience. Huge buds with BB. NASRO party club president. DUI arrestee in Agency vehicle/disrespectful to our own people. Have you guys lost your mind just because he SAYS he's gonna get you more money? You are grabbing for crumbs off of the floor if you think he is Sheriff material.

07-16-2006, 10:02 PM
Well I know CL worked as a cop for years with Fort Lauderdale and was one of Broward County's PBA Reps. His case here was dismissed and the times that I have met him, I can never recall a disrespectful comment. He ran one on the largest law enforcement organizations in the country and now runs some organization here in sarasota. Trust me, this is no "crumb" and he will have a decent shot at it. Especially when you look at who the alternatives are. I am an SRO, so yea, maybe I am a little biased, but he'd be a cops cop!

07-18-2006, 01:57 PM
When TL gains weight, it all goes to his ass and it baloons up where it looks like a giant pumpkin. We used to call him "pumpkin butt." Once I said it to his face and his face got as red as a tomato and he just "went off" on me. Mannnnn he didn't like that!!!!

Word to the wise in North Port: Never ever call him pumpkin butt because he hates it!!!! :shock:

He's lost some weight, so his butt is under control right now, but if he ever gains his weight back, you'll notice that it all goes to his ass, just like a magnet. It baloons up like a... giant pumpkin!!! He should stay indoors on Halloween night. :shock:

07-18-2006, 02:37 PM
Back to Lavarello....he was never disrespectful and I talked to him several times...he is very knowledgable and ANYONE can make a DUI mistake....he isnt the only one and everyone knows that! I would take him over anyone else running anyday!

07-18-2006, 08:51 PM
HOW DID T.L. GET THE UNDER SHERIFF JOB IN HIGHLANDS COUNTY KNOWING HOW HE REALLY IS ? I THINK THERE IS A FEMALE SHERIFF THERE, DID THAT COME INTO PLAY ?