PDA

View Full Version : LEO friendly car dealerships

07-12-2006, 01:30 AM
Does anyone know of any car dealerships that are LEO Friendly in the Tampa area? I not looking for an incrediable deal just don't want get shafted because my wife wants a new SUV.

Thanks
Dennis P.

07-13-2006, 01:13 AM
You must be joking!!!!

07-13-2006, 01:47 AM
I don't know if he still works there, but Pete Horne was in charge of Fleet at Ernie Haire Ford on N. Florida Avenue north of E. Busch Boulevard. If he's no longer there, talk with the Fleet Manager.

07-13-2006, 02:38 AM
Does anyone know of any car dealerships that are LEO Friendly in the Tampa area? I not looking for an incrediable deal just don't want get shafted because my wife wants a new SUV.

Thanks
Dennis P.

The Special Investigations Division of the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office has some contacts due to buying (mostly used) cars for undercover work. Give them a call and ask to speak to one of the "Tech Detectives" (wiretaps, surveillance, etc.) and see if they have some suggestions.

The TPD Tech Detectives probably know the HCSO guys and can give you names and direct telephone numbers.

Also, the AAA new car purchase negotiator was on TV this week claiming that within the next couple of months Ford and GM will be offering the Employee Pricing to the general public again.