PDA

View Full Version : Yes, Thanks

07-07-2006, 01:09 PM
I’d like to extend a special thanks to the NPR Officer that wrote my son a speeding ticket last night. As a citizen of NPR, I’m very glad to see that my tax dollars are being augmented by strict traffic enforcement.

I especially like the fact that when my son identified himself as the child of a local LEO, your answer was clear and direct…. “Oh, well”, you said.

You can rest assured that when you, your spouse, or your partner comes through my jurisdiction, we will be extending the exact same courtesy to the good people of Clearwater.

Stay Safe

07-16-2006, 01:34 AM
Before posting something like this, maybe you should get the whole story from your son (and/or) post the whole story here.

Helpful tips for "child of leo"

1. Tell him not to speed (almost double the speed limit)

2. Tell him if he does speed and gets stopped by an officer or deputy to let the officer know up front who he is.

3. Tell him to give you all the information the officer asked him to (unless he did and you just want to cause problems)

If your son would have immediately told the officer who he was instead of waiting until the ticket was completed and he was asked to sign it, maybe "it" could have been avoided. Maybe if you would have called the officer, like the officer clearly and directly asked your son to have you do, you could have worked something out. Or maybe you feel better about making an anonymous post with misinformation, or out of context quotes to cause agency conflicts.

If you had the balls to post this as a "guest", you should have at least called the officer first, but maybe thats beneath you as a taxpayer, "Brother".

07-17-2006, 01:20 AM
Yep. He was speeding.... I have delt with that issue. He has not been in control of a car since that night.

Yep. He may not have identified himself until it was too late (for you, anyway... I would have still done the right thing for your kid) I always try to keep in mind who I am dealing with on the street.... He is a child in a man's body and MAY NOT have had the common sense that I'm SURE your 18 year old would, or will, have...

Yep. You feel like you did the right thing... No problem! But please don't insinuate my son withheld info from me. He is an Honor student and has an OUTSTANDING relationship with his parents... If you would have told him to call me, he would have done so.

As far as not identifing myself, well, you have my last name, and I clearly specified who I work for.. I didn't hear from you. And I still don't know who YOU are. The ticket had a scribble on it, and I can't make out the badge number. So as far as I can see..... You know me, but I don't know you.... Sorry, did I miss your name above?

Listen, I will NEVER write you or anyone that is related to you.... Even after this small event in my life. It's not in my nature. But if it happens, well, tell me BEFORE the end of my shift that night, and I'll take that into consideration.

Stay safe. You are still a brother.

07-17-2006, 01:47 AM
Im not the one that wrote your son a ticket. Just pointing out some issues with your original post. Obviously you were upset when you wrote it and mine was meant to have you take a 2nd look at it. Children do lie to their parents, and/or withhold information, and/or forget to tell them things. We are all well aware of this in the business we are in. The officer told your son to have you call him but maybe he was so nervous about telling you, all he heard was a portion of a comment. I know who you are and if you dont want to post it, I dont need to post it for you. It appears you have calmed some from the writing of your first post. I will pass the word along reference the unreadable scribble, and I'm sure we can get this worked out.

09-24-2007, 08:04 AM
Please dont represent yourself with the department when your son was clearly in the wrong.