PDA

View Full Version : Filling vacancies

07-06-2006, 08:07 PM
I applied for the CPO position, but I only want to work in the county where I live. I did not think that was an unreasonable request. I do not want to drive my own car for over an hour to work each day, use my own car all day long for work, and then drive for over an hour in rush hour traffic to get home. I was told that they could not assure me that I could get my home county initilally, or even within the two years after the academy. I would have to go to the academy in Tallahassee or Fort Lauderdale for 13 weeks or so to get my CPO certification, and I would have to reimburse DOC for training and all associated costs if I do not stay for 2 full years after graduating from the academy. All of this for a starting salary of under $30,000 with a 4 year college degree.WOW
Can you see why they can't get good people to fill the vacancies?

07-06-2006, 08:56 PM
You Shoulda Asked ! Any one of us who actually work at this miserable place would have been glad to advise you to look elsewhere...ANYWHERE ! If you have not signed on, DON'T. If you are onboard, get out as FAST AS YOU CAN !

07-06-2006, 08:57 PM
You Shoulda Asked ! Any one of us who actually work at this miserable place would have been glad to advise you to look elsewhere...ANYWHERE ! If you have not signed on, DON'T. If you are onboard, get out as FAST AS YOU CAN !

mystikwarrior
07-07-2006, 12:48 AM
Anybody around here need a tissue :roll:

07-07-2006, 01:27 AM
They need to be soft and gentle, maybe the kind with lotion for some of these whiny babies. 8)