PDA

View Full Version : Transfer/Schedule

07-03-2006, 04:59 PM
Thinking of transferring in to SSO from state. Have 4 years cert experiance. Based on your turnover, how long I can expect to work graveyard ? Thanks

07-03-2006, 05:15 PM
Thinking of transferring in to SSO from state. Have 4 years cert experiance. Based on your turnover, how long I can expect to work graveyard ? ThanksOnce you get out of field training, I would guess you'll do 12 months (or less) on nights. We are growing like gangbusters, which means there are plenty of opportunities.

07-03-2006, 06:30 PM
Yes, that's one of reasons I want in. Give me an agency with growth potential anyday.

07-03-2006, 07:50 PM
[quote="Guest 3"]Yes, that's one of reasons I want in. Give me an agency with growth potential anyday.[
Go work for NPD, or SPD, the reason were growing like gangbusters is because everyone is going some where else. Moral here sucks right now. They will start you out at night, and probably leave you ther unless you make a stink. They are short staffed every where, and if you are corrections certifiedthey will stick you in the jail and throw away the key./quote]

07-03-2006, 08:28 PM
You want some cheese with your whine cry baby? Everyone is not leaving and like any other agency we do have our problems. In fact we have at least two who have left in the past two years coming back. The grass is not as green as they thought. I think in the long run they will be even better deputies than they were before and they were good the first time around.

07-03-2006, 11:17 PM
In fact we have at least two who have left in the past two years coming back. The grass is not as green as they thought. I think in the long run they will be even better deputies than they were before and they were good the first time around.Those of us who have been elsewhere will be the first to tell you that we have it good here. :shock:

Those who have never been anywhere else don't know how good we have it here.

However...

07-04-2006, 02:13 AM
There are 6 road people on the bubble to leave right now - dont fill me full of BS!

07-04-2006, 04:17 AM
Hey why dont you leave. I like my job. Ive worked elsewhere and we have it good. Get a life

07-04-2006, 12:26 PM
There are 6 road people on the bubble to leave right now - dont fill me full of BS!I don't doubt that, but I would also bet you that they have never worked in LE elsewhere. ;)

Also, when they leave, I'll bet that a couple of'em come back becasue they'll quickly find out that the grass isn't greener on the other side of the pasture. :eek: Seriously!!! That's why sooooooooo many of our former employees come back after quitting. :shock:

Do we have problems here? Yes! Are there problems everywhere else? Yes, but usually more and usually bigger. :shock: Do we have "politics" here? Yes! Are there politics everywhere? Yes!!! No matter where you go, you are going to see "politics" --
1. so & so hired his son
2. so & so hired his nephew
3. so & so promoted his friend over a more competant employee
4. so & so promoted someone without a college degree
5. bla blaa blaaaaa blah bla

It's that way the world over and if you leave here trying to escape that, guess what you're going to find on the other side of the pasture????!!!!! The same -- and more of it!!! Doh!!!! :shock:

Yeaaa, I think we've got politics here, but it's not like we've got more of it than anywhere else. ;)

It's status quo the world over. 8) Get used to it because it's the real world. :shock: