PDA

View Full Version : The Colonel's Leadership....

07-01-2006, 02:16 PM
Our new Secretary seems to just come up with solutions to things with the first thought that comes to his mind without thinking things out.

1. He starts firing a lot of the senior people - most needed to go - but creates a climate making many good senior people retire or step down, due to the way he handled the whole thing and the atmosphere he created, and then some people who had no business being promoted took their place creating more headaches - showing he didn't check them out at all before hand.

2. Without even talking with field staff he wants to completely overhaul the dress code right after assuming the position - luckily he backpedaled on this one later, but it showed he didn't even think to see what the effect would be on the people in the field doing the job first.

3. He creates this new drug testing policy which just implies we have some huge drug problem, which we don't and just feeds into the newspaper's false image of the department as a whole. Of course we will have more incidents of things happening when we have 100 x the staff of a local agency. You don't need to help feed the press by testing without cause - that is just hurting our image not helping it.

4. He makes Dr. Bedard move to a women's prison due to staff sleeping with inmates supposedly, which I can understand. That can't be allowed if true but doesnt even realize that 90% of staff sleeping with inmates is female CO's sleeping with male inmates and this is documented and well known to anyone who works tht side of the fence. I am sure they will bring the F3 charge against any male sleeping with female inmates, which they should, but how about finally charging all these famale officers with that F3 and not just making them resign. I doubt he has a clue this is even the case and is still managing by media reports instead of reality and finding things out himself.

Mr. Secretary please check things out first without jumping to conclusions and do your job and learn the truth first before hastily acting on things.....

Kind Regards,

Concerned Officer

07-01-2006, 02:44 PM
I doubt he really cares what the real issues are. :shock:

07-01-2006, 08:34 PM
I doubt he really cares what the real issues are. :shock:

Give him some time.

GoDevil
07-02-2006, 11:43 AM
The media and politicians must not be allowed to control the DOC. We know our jobs and have been performing them effectively for some time. Change for the better is good. Change for media dictation is bad. GoDevil

07-04-2006, 10:10 PM
The media and politicians must not be allowed to control the DOC. We know our jobs and have been performing them effectively for some time. Change for the better is good. Change for media dictation is bad. GoDevil

You need to tell that to the Colonel.