PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Cop site

06-29-2006, 04:52 PM
Here's an interesting site called law enforcement against prohibition. I guess there's pros and cons to each view, but really, to go so far as to even make a webiste, come on.

http://www.leap.cc/

06-29-2006, 09:34 PM
Wow, interesting website -- thanks for sharing it!!!

I know that I'm in the minority on this one, but as a cop, I am for decriminalization of drugs. Drug possession should be a civil fine -- instead of a criminal/arrestable offense. Look at any street corner in Newtown. Most of my arrestees (for narcotics offenses) tell me that every block in Sarasota County has at least one house where they can buy drugs. If you don't believe it, then you're head is in the sand!!! The "War on Drugs" is just not working. :?

We should take away the jobs of the drug dealers by allowing the government to dispense the drugs. If the U.S. government dispenses the drugs, then the middle man (the drug dealers) just lost their jobs and all their profits!!!

And just in case you didn't know... just about ALL drugs were legal until the 20th Century. ;)

I don't like drugs and I certainly wouldn't want my kids to use drugs, but our current system is a failure.

06-29-2006, 11:09 PM
Oh, of course legalize them, just like alcohol & cigarettes. There is no problem with them being legal. Kids never abuse either and nobody ever get adicted or die from either. There is no underground or black market for either. And just look at some of the fine countries tht have legalized drug use, they have no problems either. NEXT JOKE PLEASE!