PDA

View Full Version : 24th Street Shooting

06-29-2006, 01:43 AM
Great job to those on 24th street today! All the good guys went home safe and sound!

06-29-2006, 01:45 AM
I haven't heard the scoop (yet), but I'm very glad that you guys are safe. VERY GLAD!!!! :mrgreen: Good job!!!

06-29-2006, 01:52 AM
here ya go <http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060628/BREAKING01/60628016>
good job MP

06-29-2006, 03:47 PM
Newtown has been getting bad in the past few months on days. I hear more people are being placed on the north end because of the incident yesterday, which was basically a riot. Thanks to the brass for pulling people north! Many thanks to the SRO that has been helping us as well, even though he did not have to at all. You know who you are. And many thanks to RJ and Varley for always being a pleasure to be around as well as great backup. I am glad no one was hurt!

06-29-2006, 03:56 PM
Newtown has been getting bad in the past few months on days. Agreed!!!! I hadn't worked up there for a long time, but I did about a month ago and when I went into Newtown Estates, I had a person start arguing with me for no reason!!!! He had lots of gold teeth, if you get my drift. :roll:

When I used to work up there several years ago, it wasn't that bad, but times have changed for the worse and I think that some of the "defiant attitudes" have also gotten a whole lot worse, particularly towards law enforcement. It's almost like "reverse discrimination." If you're white, then you're bad, just because of the color of your skin. :roll:

This guy was defiant towards me for no reason -- or at least only he knows the reason, whatever it might be. :roll:

06-29-2006, 04:34 PM
good job to all involved

06-29-2006, 05:19 PM
Potter and Jovi are great, I've worked with both of them, they should just be a two man car in zone 1. Good job to all involved. Glad to hear everyone is ok, and even the guy that got shot. Hope everyone learns from this shooting because from what i heard, it could have taken a turn for the worst if he wasn't shot. -stay safe

06-29-2006, 10:23 PM
Put those two freaks in a car together?! Newtown cant be THAT bad, can it?

06-29-2006, 11:07 PM
Put those two freaks in a car together?! Newtown cant be THAT bad, can it?

Yes, it can. Yes, it is. You obviously dont know that or you wouldnt be asking. To me, it sounds like you are very jealous of the two to be calling them freaks. They are two of the best Deputies that have been hired in the past few years! If you can do better, come on up and give it your best shot - or just stay quiet because that comment was inappropriate!

06-29-2006, 11:09 PM
Put those two freaks in a car together?! Newtown cant be THAT bad, can it?Yes, it can. Yes, it is. You obviously dont know that or you wouldnt be asking. To me, it sounds like you are very jealous of the two to be calling them freaks. They are two of the best Deputies that have been hired in the past few years! If you can do better, come on up and give it your best shot - or just stay quiet because that comment was inappropriate!I'm sure he was just kidding. :)

06-30-2006, 01:51 PM
We all know those guys and they both would give you the shirt off their back. Aweome guys to work with.. Im glad the outcome for the officer involved was good.

06-30-2006, 02:41 PM
Put those two freaks in a car together?! Newtown cant be THAT bad, can it?Dukes of Hazzard County!!! :mrgreen:

News Flash
07-01-2006, 12:24 PM
Brothers' horseplay led to shooting
Carter came out of the home and started yelling at Williams to leave the yard. Jovanovski tried to stop the confrontation, but Carter pulled out a "large survival knife" and stabbed Williams in the hand, the report stated. Jovanovski drew his gun and ordered Carter to drop the knife and get on the ground, according to reports. Carter refused and walked toward Jovanovski, who shot him in the chest, the report says.Click here (http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060701/NEWS/607010341/1270/NEWS0101) for the full story.

07-01-2006, 05:40 PM
Put those two freaks in a car together?! Newtown cant be THAT bad, can it?Yes, it can. Yes, it is. You obviously dont know that or you wouldnt be asking. To me, it sounds like you are very jealous of the two to be calling them freaks. They are two of the best Deputies that have been hired in the past few years! If you can do better, come on up and give it your best shot - or just stay quiet because that comment was inappropriate!I didn't make the original comment, but I'm sure it's all in love -- just messin around -- because we joke with eachother a lot. :) They are good eggs!!! :D

07-01-2006, 07:04 PM
They are all good eggs....Jovi,Perrin,Hendrick,Varley and Frailing. I dunno the FWC State guy that was there but i hear he is x8!

07-01-2006, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the stupid comment. I expected nothing less. Those two jokers are my friends. Thats how I know they are freaks. Yes I know newtown is a hellhole. Ill try to spell things out for morons such as yourself in the future. :roll: :roll:

07-01-2006, 08:39 PM
id love to see a dirt bag fight jovi, in my opinion, hes lucky he only got shot.......ive seen jovi in action, he can bench press a house.......good job

News Flash
07-03-2006, 10:30 AM
Click here (http://www.scgov.net/latestnews/NewsDetail.aspx?E7DCD7AE=A3&C1ACC692B2=A6979E7C&D4C7CF=C1ACC691ADA2A6A79A9A76A0A3A6A29597789F94A9A D949C829BA793B4B0) and then scroll down to see photos of the citizens who were involved.

07-03-2006, 12:28 PM
Some friend you are. Calling your friends freaks in a PUBLIC forum after one of them was just involved in a shooting. You need to re-evaluate who the moron is.

07-03-2006, 01:38 PM
Some friend you are. Calling your friends freaks in a PUBLIC forum after one of them was just involved in a shooting. You need to re-evaluate who the moron is.It's all in love babe. We call eachother "freaks" just to joke around. :mrgreen: ;)

If we don't kid with eachother, then who will? ;) :)

07-03-2006, 08:30 PM
I understand the "special" terms of endearment and those are best left for insiders and not the public. The public will never understand our sick sense of humor and this is a public forum.

07-03-2006, 10:05 PM
I appreciate all the people who realised that I was breaking balls and backed me up. Unfortunatly some people are too stupid to realise that something is a friendly joke. Fleet should issue him one of those short yellow buses w/ a light bar to patrol in. You must be a real blast at a party dude! :roll: :roll: :roll:

07-03-2006, 10:11 PM
haaaa thats funny....good job all

07-03-2006, 11:13 PM
Fleet should issue him one of those short yellow buses w/ a light bar to patrol in. :roll: :roll: :roll:No way!!! Give him a regular patrol car that is painted school-bus-yellow. ;) LOL :lol:

07-03-2006, 11:59 PM
I understand the "special" terms of endearment and those are best left for insiders and not the public. The public will never understand our sick sense of humor and this is a public forum.I think the public does understand. :) The only time they might not understand is when they are a victim, but at that time, we act professional and we don't joke around. ;)

Freak! :lol:

07-04-2006, 10:46 AM
I dont give a rats azz what the public thinks.

07-10-2006, 07:15 PM
anyone know why 7111 has been off for so long since the shoot?

07-10-2006, 07:21 PM
anyone know why 7111 has been off for so long since the shoot?Some of the shooting review board members are gone and won't be back for a while, soooooooooo 7111 gets a 3 week vacation. Enjoy it brotha!!!! :mrgreen:

07-10-2006, 08:35 PM
oh i see

07-11-2006, 11:38 AM
The suspect had already stabbed a citizen and refused to drop the knife and refused to obey the officer and then started walking towards the officer after all of this happened. This is a black & white case, unlike some other gray area incidents. With that in mind...

Enjoy your 3 week vacation. Go to the gym. Get caught up on all your errands. Take the x42.5 out to lunch and dinner. And shop at Walmart because they have a lot of good deals and its FUN. :lol: