PDA

View Full Version : Sick Bank buy out?

TPDOFCR97
06-28-2006, 11:02 PM
Anybody have any 43 to validate the rumor I heard about the city buying out our sick bank time? Rumor has it that the city wants to buy us out at %100 and allow us 240 hrs a year.

06-29-2006, 03:20 PM
The negotiations have not even started so there is no way to tell what the City wants. Everything is pure rumor or fiction at this point.

06-29-2006, 03:25 PM
I've heard the same from a PBA rep, as well as that the city will be offering 2/2/2 and will push for a 2 year bid.

If any of these are in the proposal VOTE NO!

We have been dogged for the last 2 plus years and have given double digit crime reduction 2 years running. We hear nothing but accountablility, accountablility, accountability. Well, we've been held accountable, now its time for the city to be held to their end. Do not listen to their claims of poverty, the city is flush.

2% is unacceptable. A 2 year bid is unacceptable. The sick leave buyout is unacceptable. We need insurance when we retire. Don't settle for less than you've earned, less than you DESERVE. We need to stand firm on this and present a determined, unified front.

06-29-2006, 04:23 PM
I've heard the same from a PBA rep, as well as that the city will be offering 2/2/2 and will push for a 2 year bid.

If any of these are in the proposal VOTE NO!

We have been dogged for the last 2 plus years and have given double digit crime reduction 2 years running. We hear nothing but accountablility, accountablility, accountability. Well, we've been held accountable, now its time for the city to be held to their end. Do not listen to their claims of poverty, the city is flush.

2% is unacceptable. A 2 year bid is unacceptable. The sick leave buyout is unacceptable. We need insurance when we retire. Don't settle for less than you've earned, less than you DESERVE. We need to stand firm on this and present a determined, unified front.

Use your head bro.....Yeah the city WANTS those thngs. Hell the city WANTS us to work for free....will it happen? NO!!

06-30-2006, 12:24 AM
If the info came from a PBA rep he is sadly misinformed as negotiations have not even started. Reveal your source (at least call Kevin Durkin and let him know) so we can make sure board members are not passing out incorrect info.

07-01-2006, 08:43 PM
When the survey was passed out in roll call, it was said that during the contract meetings, the issue was raised that the city might push for the sick leave buyout and go to 30 days of paid time off for everyone that expires at the end of the year if not used.

I really don't want to post the name of the rep who said that, as he was saying it for the benefit of us and our wonderful PBA will probably try to screw him over for passing out 'confidential information' from one of their meetings.