PDA

View Full Version : CALL DODGER

06-25-2006, 07:05 PM
It must be nice to be friends with the dispatchers (123A) on midnights. The other night an officer from another zone got dispatched as a primary to a call in 23 zone with 123A as the back-up. Did she step up and take the call in her zone? HELL NO!

Another time a evening shift officer was dispatched to a simple battery in her zone at about 12:45 am. The evening shift officer was also from another zone and gets off at 2 am. Right after the call was dispatched she (123A) checked 10-8. I ask again, did she step up and take the call in her zone? A BIG HELL NO!

Pay attention and listen to the calls she gets. She is constantly on the phone with the dispatchers and probably picks and chooses what calls she gets and what calls someone else gets (writers).

Be careful out there, this one is as solid as pudding. She will probably be in CID or a CPO before you know it. :evil:

06-27-2006, 04:20 PM
I have noticed that and I'm glad she is not on my squad. What goes around comes around.

06-27-2006, 08:27 PM
There is nothing wrong with an evening shift officer getting a call at 12:45 like you said they get off at 2. But for arguements sake, the midnight officer takes the battery and then there is a homicide which now the evening shift officer is primary. I bet you'd complain about that too. What was the status of the rest of the district during this incident, you didn't mention that? And next, what were you doing that you were so available to pay attention to this officers actions? Have you been a dispatcher? Since you seem to have all this knowledge about the who, what, when and how's to dispatch, I'm sure they'd love your help upstairs. They are just as short as we are. Let go of your hostility. Or does it come down to the fact that the dispatchers don't want to be friends with you? :wink: This kind of division doesn't help us at all.

06-27-2006, 08:39 PM
So what you are saying is that it is alright to f.ck the rest of your squad and be a back-up instead of taking calls in your zone. Are you 123A?

If you are not then you are just as bad as she is. Your squad must love you. Now we got two call dodgers out there that are screwing the rest of us. Like 3??D said, what goes around comes around. You should be taking calls in your zone, PERIOD.

Glad I get off at midnight so you and her only have 2 hours to screw me.

06-27-2006, 08:55 PM
Rather than crying about an officer on here have you thought about going up to her and voicing your concerns. You'd be surprised what a little direct communication and some peer pressure can do.

06-27-2006, 09:56 PM
hey Wow.....Where you the primary officer on that battery call? Do you know for a fact that she didn't take the call once there? Just b/c dispatch sends you as a backup, doesn't mean you stay that way. Did you look up her reports to see who actually ended up with the control? Just asking.
I'm not saying it's ok to screw your squad. We all know there are a handful of officers who dodge calls and screw others over.
Just remember, zones are a suggestion not the end all be all. You can be sent to respond anywhere in the city, and we all have been. There has been talk to eliminate them (zones) and reorganize the whole system. So stop getting your panties in a bunch, things are going to be changing around here.
It's hard to show a united front and fight for what we officers need when we don't respect and support each other. It makes us look ridiculous and as a joke. Let the powers that be deal with the problem officers.

06-28-2006, 07:03 PM
I don't know 123A personally and have never done a call with her but I do hear a lot of other D1 officers complaining about her.

If the post above are true then she needs to be talked to about covering her zone. I know we all work D1 but there is no reason she should be a back-up to a call in her zone. She should step up and take the call.

I don't know about how you do things but if a call goes out in my zone and I can be 10-8 to take it I will because I know the officers in my squad will do the same for me. Some day she will be down a few reports and no one will take a control from her because she is not a solid officer.

Thats just my 2 cents worth. I hope she reads this and does the right things if in fact there is truth to the posts. If not she will be black balled on her squad and the other squads. That is not the reputation you want. We are all busy.

Lawman
06-28-2006, 10:56 PM
If the dispatcher is aiding and abetting, there is a simple way to call attention to it. Simply ask "I'm sorry radio, can you X9..am I primary or backup on that 23 zone call?"

07-24-2006, 03:38 AM
The above posts are right on the $. I've been paying more attention and all I can do is shake my head and say...WOW. :shock:

07-24-2006, 04:59 AM
I've been on many calls with 123A anywhere between 2200 until nearly 0200 when I check off. Each time I'm primary she is always more than willing to take the call if it's something that looks like it might keep me there past my check off, even if it isn't in her zone. And if going to calls in another zone bothers you take a moment to actually read the patch on your sleeve, it says, St. Petersburg (as sad as that is), which means you have the possibility of copying a call anywhere in the city thats just part of being a cop.