PDA

View Full Version : Missing child alert issued for South Florida girl

Merlin
06-24-2006, 03:11 PM
http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2006 ... 65301.html (http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2006/6/23/165301.html)

Authorities in Miami-Dade County are searching for 15-year-old Myrna Posada-Lopez.

Coral Gables police say Posada-Lopez was last seen on the 400 block of Almeria Street in Coral Gables and that she's believed to be in danger. She may be in the company of 37-year-old Roberto Santiago-Gonzales.

Posada-Lopez is described as a white/Hispanic female, 5-foot-1, 115 pounds, with long brown hair, and brown eyes. Santiago-Gonzales is described as a 5-foot-2 white/Hispanic male.

Authorities say they may be traveling in a 2002 white Ford Econoline van with tag number TF2NM. If you have any information about their whereabouts, call police at (352) 442-1600.

mystikwarrior
06-24-2006, 06:15 PM
believed to be in danger
In danger of what and on what basis? Does Santiago-Gonzales have a history of violence against women? Don't see hin on the sex offender registry or the DOC website.

06-24-2006, 06:48 PM
believed to be in danger
In danger of what and on what basis? Does Santiago-Gonzales have a history of violence against women? Don't see hin on the sex offender registry or the DOC website.

Nice just downplay Child Alerts.... :roll:

mystikwarrior
06-26-2006, 12:11 AM
Nice just downplay Child Alerts....
A 15 year-old is not a 'child'. Don't believe me? Walk up to one and tell them they are. See what they say.
Hundreds of thousands of teens run away every year. I'm just curious why they think this particular one is 'in danger'. What's the basis? What makes her so different than the other 27 kids like her that ran away the same day?

06-26-2006, 12:57 AM
She probably married one of your offenders.

Merlin
06-26-2006, 01:22 AM
A 15 year-old is not a 'child'. Don't believe me? Walk up to one and tell them they are. See what they say.
Hundreds of thousands of teens run away every year. I'm just curious why they think this particular one is 'in danger'. What's the basis? What makes her so different than the other 27 kids like her that ran away the same day?

And no doubt the pervert she's with shares the same stance. Funny, I don't recall seeing Amber alerts for the other 27 kids like her that ran away the same day. :roll:

Merlin
06-26-2006, 01:29 AM
In danger of what and on what basis?

Hmmmm...could it be that law abiding citizens don't normally take someone else's child to an unknown location without permission from her parents?

mystikwarrior
06-27-2006, 02:56 PM
Funny, I don't recall seeing Amber alerts for the other 27 kids like her that ran away the same day.
Precisely my point. Why didn't you?
(Edit. Actually there is no 'Amber Alert' for this girl either according to the website.)
Because somebody decided this particular girl was 'in danger'. If the story told us the adult she's with had a history of sex offenses or violence I could see the reasoning. But there's nothing.
Would she be 'in danger' if she was with a 17 year-old instead?

Merlin
06-27-2006, 09:24 PM
Because somebody decided this particular girl was 'in danger'. If the story told us the adult she's with had a history of sex offenses or violence I could see the reasoning. But there's nothing.

Huh? What do you mean "there's nothing"? The preliminary investigation revealed that she could or might be in danger.That's nothing? Are you telling us you did a better job investigating this case than the detectives assigned to the case and now have proof she is not in danger? Sure anything's possible.....maybe she isn't in danger, maybe her corpse is burried in a shallow grave, maybe her parents are lying.....etc...

mystikwarrior
06-28-2006, 04:39 PM
The preliminary investigation revealed that she could or might be in danger.
Of course she 'might be'. Heck, your kid could be playing in their room and 'might be' in danger. The 'investigation' that isn't actually mentioned I guess is what also says she 'might' be with this guy. Then again, she might just be another runaway.
I'm just saying there is little information as to 'why' they believe she is in danger and with this guy.

07-01-2006, 08:28 PM
Hey mystickwarrior, can you post your address so someone can check your backyard for any fresh digging, and closets for ropes or duct tape? :?: