PDA

View Full Version : PSLPD,FPPD or ST.Lucie SO?

06-22-2006, 06:30 PM
I'm interested in the area because I have in laws in SL. West. I heard and see from their website PSL is definitely up and coming. What about the SO and Ft. Pierce. It appears all of the population are in the two cities and continuing to annex. Does the county have any coverage area other than way west of I95? Any input would be great? ie.. Take homes, salary, off duty, benefits etc.. Thanks and b safe..

11-14-2007, 03:06 AM
Our coverage is here and there. We cover everything west of I-95. Pretty much everything E of of US-1 from Prima Vista to Midway. We cover between Midway and Edwards W of US-1. North of Edwards to St. Lucie Blvd is mostly the city but parts we cover. Everything north of St. Lucie Blvd we cover to the county line. We have the entire N Island and part of the S. Island.

You'll get issued a car while in FTO but can't take it home till you are done. Able to use car off duty for personal use. Think starting pay is around 38k. Top out is something like 62k at 12 years. Have seen MANY people recently get hired straight out of the academy with no experience. Hell, we have a few new hires that aren't even 21. Great agency to work for. Call load isn't too crazy, some days are worse than others. But usually not humping from call to call.

11-16-2007, 07:07 PM
Also what kind of schedule do you guys work , do you have permanent shifts or rotate.

11-16-2007, 07:10 PM
I was thinking about applying to Palm Beach So also. Im from central florida and was just wondering if St. Lucie S.O. would be a better choice over palm beach S.O.

11-26-2007, 07:14 AM
We work 8 hours shifts. 7a-3p, 3p-11p, 11p-7a. We work 5 days on, 2 days off, 5 days on, 3 days off. Mids are permanent, days and evenings swap every other week. So you'd work a week of 7a-3p, 2 days off, work a week of 3p-11p, 3 days off, and do it again. Some people love it, some hate it. I've worked so many different schedules in the military that I just show up when I'm told to be there, lol.

PBSO is a much bigger agency and they make a good bit more than us. Along with that comes more room for advancement, either to a speciality unit or promotion. Personally, it's too damn crowded down there for me. Plus you'll probably be humping call to call your entire shift at PBSO. I do know if you work for PBSO you are allowed to bring your take home car back to St lucie county, as we have MANY PBSO deputies who live in our county.

03-22-2008, 05:56 AM
Hi Guys
Here is a few words about pharma business
http://world-pharma.pillsfm.com
My favourite pharma supermarket
WBR,
Alex