PDA

View Full Version : Captain B in SID

06-20-2006, 02:37 AM
I would like to thank Captain B in SID for taking a stand against those who critisized his division and the Shreiff's Office for raiding the gambling establishments.

In case you missed it, over the last week the Bradenton Herald (a supermarket tabloid at best) published an overwhelming number of editorials from people critical of the raid. I read only 2 or 3 editorials who supported the Sheriff's Office. The critics (most seemed to be elderly) said the establishments were doing nothing wrong and were a social gathering place for retirees. The same critics critisized the Sheriff's Office for enforcing a law passed by their elected representitives. The also said there was no need for the SWAT team to conduct these raids. The raids were in fact done by SID members who were wearing mask to protect their identities.

After reading these editorials everyday for a week I was beginning to wonder when the administration was going to respond. Finally in the Sunday June 18 edition Captain B stood up and not only defended the Sheriff's Office but his division who conducted the investigation. Capt. B wrote an excellent editorial explaining state law, Sheriff's Office policy, why the investigation took as long as it did, and why the raids were conducted with masked deputies.

Thank you Capt B for defending not just your staff but everyone who works for the department. Maybe in the future others will defend the Sheriff's Office as you did. :D