PDA

View Full Version : sex offender residence restrictions

06-16-2006, 08:50 PM
At last a group of LEO's with a brain. Now if we could just convince some of them to move to florida.

Sex%20Offender%20Residency%20Statement%20Feb%2014% 2006%20for%20website.pdf

STATEMENT ON SEX OFFENDER RESIDENCY RESTRICTIONS IN IOWA published February 14, 2006

Merlin
06-17-2006, 12:43 AM
At last a group of LEO's with a brain. Now if we could just convince some of them to move to florida.

STATEMENT ON SEX OFFENDER RESIDENCY RESTRICTIONS IN IOWA published February 14, 2006

spd.iowa.gov/filemgmt/visit.php?lid=284

This link works better.

I've seen this statement. I shake my head thinking about why Florida can't grasp the consequences.

06-17-2006, 04:53 PM

This link works better.

I've seen this statement. I shake my head thinking about why Florida can't grasp the consequences.

That is the most biased crap reporting I have ever seen. The SA and them are just mad because it causes them headaches and makes them put in a few more hours of work. It is worth a few people having to work a little more to get these pedophiles away from the children as much as possible. The pedophiles can comply or get out of dodge and go somewhere where they dont protect their children like they should is my opinion.

06-19-2006, 03:11 PM

This link works better.

That is the most biased crap reporting I have ever seen. The SA and them are just mad because it causes them headaches and makes them put in a few more hours of work. It is worth a few people having to work a little more to get these pedophiles away from the children as much as possible. The pedophiles can comply or get out of dodge and go somewhere where they dont protect their children like they should is my opinion.

hey guest i hate to be the one to break it to you...but in what way could you possibly consider the IOWA Possecutor's association a SA support group who is crying about too much work...they are crying about the fact they their experience over the last year of this law is that it is making the problem worse not better....as for the pedophile can comply or get out of dodge....why should he/she have to give up a home they have maybe owned for years because some politician chasing votes from the sheeple we now have for a public passes a new new years after his offense is over? especially when there is no help..it's just get out or go to jail...where you go is your problem .if the govt was really serious about this get them away from schools then they would be right there telling them you have to move and here are the areas's you can move into we have arranged to pay all expenses involved as it is our request that you move....and that once you move where the govt wants you would automatically be exempt from any additional changes that come later....now that would be a program somebody might be able to sell...not this get out or go to jail crap we have now...

06-19-2006, 03:54 PM
The IOWA Possecutor's association members are obvious sex offenders, didn't you notice that? :lol: :lol: :lol:

mystikwarrior
06-20-2006, 12:32 AM
It is worth a few people having to work a little more to get these pedophiles away from the children as much as possible.
What an interesting comment considering the prevailing opinion on this forum that Florida PO's don't want to work a minute past 40 hours, public safety be damned.

06-20-2006, 02:25 AM
It's not that we don't want to work more than 40 hours-----It's actually unlawful to work more than 40 if your off the clock. Think not? Check with your boss.

mystikwarrior
06-20-2006, 10:42 PM
It's actually unlawful to work more than 40 if your off the clock.
Didn't know POs punched a time clock. My bad.
For the record; if you're on a salary greater than $455 a week, your job requires specialized training, requires that you exercise judgement and discretion in doing your job, and the primary function is the performance of work requiring the aforementioned specialized training, you're exempt from most overtime and minimum wage provisions. That from the US Department of Labor.
The DOL says I fall in that category, hence my typical 60-70 hour workweek. Lucky for you, the DOL says POs don't fit those qualifications as a 'professional'.

06-20-2006, 10:54 PM
It's actually unlawful to work more than 40 if your off the clock.
Didn't know POs punched a time clock. My bad.
For the record; if you're on a salary greater than $455 a week, your job requires specialized training, requires that you exercise judgement and discretion in doing your job, and the primary function is the performance of work requiring the aforementioned specialized training, you're exempt from most overtime and minimum wage provisions. That from the US Department of Labor.
The DOL says I fall in that category, hence my typical 60-70 hour workweek. Lucky for you, the DOL says POs don't fit those qualifications as a 'professional'.

Its been in court - we must get overtime for over 40 and the state cut it off years ago to us. I actually wouldnt mind over 40 if they paid us a halfway decent salary and not hourly.

06-20-2006, 10:55 PM
Could be a Union thing also in the contract - not 100% sure on that.