PDA

View Full Version : Drug Testing

06-15-2006, 11:46 PM
Anyone tested yet? Is it for real or just another joke? Come on please follow through Mr. Secretary. A slogan with no action is no action.

06-16-2006, 12:09 AM
it tickled, I was clean, so back to work I went.

06-16-2006, 12:11 AM
Were did they stick it?

06-16-2006, 12:28 AM
Anyone tested yet? Is it for real or just another joke? Come on please follow through Mr. Secretary. A slogan with no action is no action.

Why to feed the conception we are all on drugs. Other law enforcement is laughing at us about this. They say it shows just how little power we have even allowing mass testing without probable cause. Maybe the Secretary has realized it just feeds the DOC hating news people.

06-16-2006, 02:32 AM

Why to feed the conception we are all on drugs. Other law enforcement is laughing at us about this. They say it shows just how little power we have even allowing mass testing without probable cause. Maybe the Secretary has realized it just feeds the DOC hating news people.

Actually it feeds exactly the opposite conception. We allow testintg because we are not on drugs and we are willing to acquiesce in order to prove to the public that the image portrayed in the media is incorrect. I really don't see it as invasive. We are public servants and I really need the public to know that we are dedicated.

The appearance of impropriety left by the last administration is at least debilitating. I am willing to be scrutenized at any time if it means true accountability to the public. I am willing to be held accountable as long as the administration also holds themselves accountable and do not scapegoat the officer. I am also proud to serve the citizens of Florida and to provide public safety by being a social worker as well as a LEO.

We are a dedicated and professional staff.

06-16-2006, 02:33 AM

Actually it feeds exactly the opposite conception. We allow testintg because we are not on drugs and we are willing to acquiesce in order to prove to the public that the image portrayed in the media is incorrect. I really don't see it as invasive. We are public servants and I really need the public to know that we are dedicated.

The appearance of impropriety left by the last administration is at least debilitating. I am willing to be scrutenized at any time if it means true accountability to the public. I am willing to be held accountable as long as the administration also holds themselves accountable and do not scapegoat the officer. I am also proud to serve the citizens of Florida and to provide public safety by being a social worker as well as a LEO.

We are a dedicated and professional staff.

06-16-2006, 03:06 AM
[quote="CSM HOPE":26o8j83s]Anyone tested yet? Is it for real or just another joke? Come on please follow through Mr. Secretary. A slogan with no action is no action.

We are a dedicated and professional staff.[/quote:26o8j83s]

in my opinion you are wrong on this, it will just keep this stuff in the news : why are they testing everyone if they dont have a major problem like they say - this shows they know they do and have to do something to cleanu up. a few people shuld make thousands get crappy treatment. lets breathalyze everyone daily to prove we are not drunk also. :roll:

06-16-2006, 02:13 PM
I dont know about testing for them,
but I think working for DOC will lead to needing them..

06-16-2006, 04:25 PM
This whole drug testing thing is a joke. The Department is making it almost impossible to fail. They are using the Oratec II test (oral swab). It is made by CSS Test. On their own website they tell you that the detection window is only 36-48 hours. So it only catches recent use. If you get caught, then you're an addict and need to be caught. Don't know anyone who's been tested yet in C-11.

06-17-2006, 12:38 AM
How long has it been now since the announcement? They certainly are giving everyone enough time to dry out.

06-20-2006, 07:05 PM

06-20-2006, 09:58 PM

06-20-2006, 11:10 PM