PDA

View Full Version : 9mm

06-13-2006, 12:32 AM
When is the Department going to buy us those Glocks out of the training fund? Anyone know how much $ is in ther???

06-13-2006, 02:50 AM
Get over it! This department is never going to provide weapons to it's officers. heck even your state rep laughed about it in the last session when they shot it down. Nope no guns for you cowboys and cowgirls.

06-13-2006, 11:14 AM
Get over it! This department is never going to provide weapons to it's officers. heck even your state rep laughed about it in the last session when they shot it down. Nope no guns for you cowboys and cowgirls.

Per the PBA, we were at least going to get $500,000 for firearms. The problem was the school voucher issues tied up the time and the issue died. Maybe next year.

The monies from the training fund, to my understnanding, are going back into the general revenue.

Let's hope we don't use this years surplus for storm relief and maybe, just maybe, we will have success next year.

06-14-2006, 12:11 AM
become a rea leo and then you get a gun other wise stop acting like something you are not :lol:

06-14-2006, 12:16 AM
Who cares, just about every PO who wants to carry has already bought their own weapon and the ones who haven't dont want to carry most likely.

VOPman
06-22-2006, 02:49 AM
When is the Department going to buy us those Glocks out of the training fund? Anyone know how much $ is in ther???

Isn't OBIS software a 1970's (or 1960's) era database? I bet your PC is more than 3 years old. And didn't we all just get PC's in 2000, a mere 20 years after they became standard office equipment? Those PC's from 2000 are still the mainstay, and I think that there are cell phones out now that have more computing power than our current PC's.

I bet that if you looked under your desk, you'll see a carving in the wood which reads "D. Boon cilled a bar on the tree in year 1760."

So, would you really want to carry a gun that FDC purchased for you?

06-22-2006, 10:37 PM

Isn't OBIS software a 1970's (or 1960's) era database? I bet your PC is more than 3 years old. And didn't we all just get PC's in 2000, a mere 20 years after they became standard office equipment? Those PC's from 2000 are still the mainstay, and I think that there are cell phones out now that have more computing power than our current PC's.

I bet that if you looked under your desk, you'll see a carving in the wood which reads "D. Boon cilled a bar on the tree in year 1760."

So, would you really want to carry a gun that FDC purchased for you?

I have a 1.5 year old PC flat screen and a nice 1.5 year old particle board work station with a Pride sticker on it. I am happy!

06-23-2006, 03:38 AM
My phone system is made up of Campbell soup cans and string.

06-23-2006, 11:24 AM
You have Campbell soup cans? I'm still sending smoke signals with a blanket!!

mystikwarrior
06-23-2006, 02:46 PM
I have a 1.5 year old PC flat screen and a nice 1.5 year old particle board work station with a Pride sticker on it. I am happy!
Yep. Last DOC office computer I saw a few months ago was a nice new Dell Pentium 4. No Pride sticker though :)

06-23-2006, 02:47 PM
Only new computers I've seen in five years is in our circuit office. Must need those to send "read and comply" and "share with staff" to everyone.