PDA

View Full Version : See, things aren't all lovey dovey with the Times

06-09-2006, 11:53 PM
I wonder what would have happened if one of us completed a traffic stop in this manner. :?:

A little SNAFU (http://www.sptimes.com/2006/06/08/Pasco/Sheriff_nabs_speeder_.shtml) :mrgreen:

06-10-2006, 10:04 AM
Please give me a break... He is human just like us, I have made misteaks and no one beat me up for it, and lets face it he is out of practice. Good for him, at least he did the stop.

06-10-2006, 06:09 PM
hey since when did they give inmates internet time??? :lol:

one of us...stay off our blog....

Thanks

06-10-2006, 10:20 PM
Yes he is human, but did he write himself up for not doing what he was suppose to do? He is human and sets the example for the rest, so just wondering or should we over look that being he tried?

06-11-2006, 08:42 PM
http://www.sptimes.com/2006/06/11/Pasco ... o_ni.shtml (http://www.sptimes.com/2006/06/11/Pasco/Sheriff_may_be_too_ni.shtml)

Look at this one too

06-13-2006, 12:59 PM
Holy crap, what a slam. If you notice I posted my original as a little snafu. Stuff like that happens, Noboby ever said he wasn't human. However, some people who tend to work hard still have been dinged up a bit over this very thing. I'm not even implying that he should hammer himself, the times is already doing that. I would just like to see if he reigns in his staff so anyone else doing a minor error like this doesn't get hammered over it. After all, they do claim to know what leadership is...

06-14-2006, 02:16 AM
If one leads he should lead by example, not do as i say and not as i do, right?

So if you would write your people up for doing such, you should write yourself up. He reports to himself and the voters.

I know he has held me to a higher standard and I have paid the price for anothers actions, so if he can do it to us he should show us he does the right thing, not just preach from the pulpit.

06-14-2006, 10:46 AM
If one leads he should lead by example, not do as i say and not as i do, right?

So if you would write your people up for doing such, you should write yourself up. He reports to himself and the voters.

I know he has held me to a higher standard and I have paid the price for anothers actions, so if he can do it to us he should show us he does the right thing, not just preach from the pulpit.

I agree, but how can he write himself up on a CIR? I have no doubt he is kicking himslelf in the butt. I'm just embarrassed that some people will think if he screws up, then his deputies must be keystone cops and I am no way in hell inept like that.

I believe he has already been written up. Think about it. In the times -- twice for this one!

06-14-2006, 01:38 PM
This Sheriff is an IDIOT. If the retard doesn't know the requirements to a simple traffic stop, then he probably doesn't know what makes good Supervisors, who in return lead the Deputies, who protect us taxpayers. SCARY!!!!!!

06-14-2006, 04:49 PM
Outsider you are a moron, Sure the Sheriff screwed up and you can debate crap all day. The bottom line is that he is actually a decent guy with the citizens best intrest in mind. Sure there are supervisor you scratch your head at and wonder how they got there but for the most part our agency has good Sgt's, LT's, and Deputies. The Sheriff does not do traffic everyday like most deputies so I am sure that he is not current on the GO's requirements when conducting a traffic stop. Do you think he should have let a potential drunk driver go because he has not done a traffic stop in many years and may screw something up?

You "outsider" are scary because you just want to slam the man with your closed mind point of view. Slither back to your trailer park and keep calling in your complaints because deputies are out doing there job and stopping you.

Outside, call the sheriff up or go to his office and tell him what you think of him instead of hiding out on a message board for Law Enforcement. If anything the deputies of this county need to be MORE aggressive to keep it from becomming another Hillsborough or Pinellas.

06-14-2006, 06:20 PM
We can't me more agressive because we have the highest call volume per deputy in the area and probably the state... Be more aggressive??? Give me a break... Who the hell has time to do proactive work!!!?????? Not to mention the admin doesn't want us agressive... No more pursuits, no more emergency mode without permission, no arrest of a 12 year old and under regardless of the crime without permission.... This admin has lost complete touch with its workers.... Maybe that is why we voted for a union by 80%... Maybe they should start worrying more about thier employees and not so much about what the media and citizens always think.

06-14-2006, 11:37 PM
Yeah, this place is terrible...

Getting a 13 percent raise last year (6 percent the year before)....new cars.....new radios....keeping promises....

I'd love for you to bring up one thing that the citizens of Pasco County would find bad with this agency.

Most of rules that you mentioned.... no arresting 12 year olds w/o permission....no chasing w/o permission are due to the media picking up on questionable decisions made by deputies who mean well.

Work within the rules and enjoy your job.... you are a person who is supposed to be trusted to go to a call and fix problems. If you think there are problems in our house, why don't you try to fix them? Now you have even more ways to try and voice your opinion and fix problems.... don't be such a whinny baby... get to work!!!!!
:shock:

06-15-2006, 06:59 PM

Getting a 13 percent raise last year (6 percent the year before)....new cars.....new radios....keeping promises....

Let's see. Every other agency went up in salary the year prior and even Hernando passed us in salary the year we got 6%. The county has been giving 5% for the last 15 years and times were not lean. The extra 1% was the arrogant response to us voting NO UNION that year period! He bragged that he was the only Sheriff to defeat unions and thought he had his thumb on the pulse of the agency.

Not everyone got that 13% this year either. Besides, it was an adjustment because the Cody Study revealed we were under paid when compared to other similar agencies. What if the adjustment (which typically comes at 5 year intervals) wasn't done? History shows we would have lost even more experienced employees across the board.

New radios. I'll give you that one, the old ones sucked worse than these, but the portables aren't the biggest issue with the system and anyone using a radio on a day to day basis is well aware of that.

New cars? Who really cares. Give me a kia and I would drive it call to call and not chase bad guys all the same.

Keeping promises? 1st campaign promise was HE would do more with less. WELL, AT LEAST WE HAVE. He also said he was removing politics from the SO, but it is more political than ever. You will be crucified if you work in D2 and cause any negative press per the commander! A few deputies connected to this guy were hired at step 8. I know of NO other agency that does that. Other experienced deputies hired under this guy came in at the 3rd step but had no political affiliation to him. Yes, Politics were removed all right.

I'd love for you to bring up one thing that the citizens of Pasco County would find bad with this agency.

The citizens who don't live in the more affluent developments like Trinity and Wesley Chapel do complain about not having the same responses the money areas do. But, the lack of well connected people in those areas makes the voices a bit quieter than the boss' hearing aides are set to hear.

Most of rules that you mentioned.... no arresting 12 year olds w/o permission....no chasing w/o permission are due to the media picking up on questionable decisions made by deputies who mean well.

Work within the rules and enjoy your job.... you are a person who is supposed to be trusted to go to a call and fix problems. If you think there are problems in our house, why don't you try to fix them? Now you have even more ways to try and voice your opinion and fix problems.... don't be such a whinny baby... get to work!!!!!

I would find it hard to believe any experienced people would not agree with this. Except for the last part. More ways to voice your opinion = yes But more ways to fix problems? NOT! I've tried. If it does not benefit the political agenda, nothing will be done. Every move made is calculated to retain the office. If you do not think so, you are not doing the same job the majority of us are! By the way, people bringing up their opinions in this site who can support why they have theri views is not whining. I guess government whistle blowers are whiners too? NOT. How can you expect to have the protection of free speech when you chastize others for posting views in disagreement with yours?

06-15-2006, 08:59 PM
Well said! This administration is more concerned with Charlie right now than anything going on in the office.

06-16-2006, 04:42 PM

I couldn't have said it better then the reply above....

and to the guy that wrote this... when you have been here more then a year come back and post your feelings...

06-16-2006, 04:43 PM
[quote=Anonymous]Yeah, this place is terrible...

Let's see. Every other agency went up in salary the year prior and even Hernando passed us in salary the year we got 6%. The county has been giving 5% for the last 15 years and times were not lean. The extra 1% was the arrogant response to us voting NO UNION that year period! He bragged that he was the only Sheriff to defeat unions and thought he had his thumb on the pulse of the agency.

Not everyone got that 13% this year either. Besides, it was an adjustment because the Cody Study revealed we were under paid when compared to other similar agencies. What if the adjustment (which typically comes at 5 year intervals) wasn't done? History shows we would have lost even more experienced employees across the board.

New radios. I'll give you that one, the old ones sucked worse than these, but the portables aren't the biggest issue with the system and anyone using a radio on a day to day basis is well aware of that.

New cars? Who really cares. Give me a kia and I would drive it call to call and not chase bad guys all the same.

Keeping promises? 1st campaign promise was HE would do more with less. WELL, AT LEAST WE HAVE. He also said he was removing politics from the SO, but it is more political than ever. You will be crucified if you work in D2 and cause any negative press per the commander! A few deputies connected to this guy were hired at step 8. I know of NO other agency that does that. Other experienced deputies hired under this guy came in at the 3rd step but had no political affiliation to him. Yes, Politics were removed all right.

The citizens who don't live in the more affluent developments like Trinity and Wesley Chapel do complain about not having the same responses the money areas do. But, the lack of well connected people in those areas makes the voices a bit quieter than the boss' hearing aides are set to hear.

I would find it hard to believe any experienced people would not agree with this. Except for the last part. More ways to voice your opinion = yes But more ways to fix problems? NOT! I've tried. If it does not benefit the political agenda, nothing will be done. Every move made is calculated to retain the office. If you do not think so, you are not doing the same job the majority of us are! By the way, people bringing up their opinions in this site who can support why they have theri views is not whining. I guess government whistle blowers are whiners too? NOT. How can you expect to have the protection of free speech when you chastize others for posting views in disagreement with yours?[/quote:14p9e5ht]

couldn't have said it better myself.. its amazing how many people feel this way...

06-18-2006, 10:18 PM
Hey Guest123, I've been a Cop for over twenty years, and I enjoy the status of being a Supervisor!! You need to look outside of that box your living in and hope that this COWBOY of yours leaves Pasco County with ole' Charlie Boy. When you've been around long enough then you'll realize that all of those little toys that your daddy brought home for you to play with, still doesn't bring up morale or get your response time up.

06-20-2006, 02:13 PM
Whatever NOOB! Your some 'less than a year' punk, thats just happy to have a job because nobody else would hire you.

06-20-2006, 07:11 PM
Hey Guest, are you even vested??

07-07-2006, 09:24 AM
Here is another from the Times. I didn't expect this to be the norm until we were well into 2007. I guess they didn't really have much the first 5 1/2 years, so they are starting 6 months early.

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/07/06/Pasco ... ion_.shtml (http://www.sptimes.com/2006/07/06/Pasco/Failed_communication_.shtml)

10-15-2006, 09:30 PM
I thought I was on St. petes board? Hell atleast he fliiped his lights on. I doubt Harmon remembers where his are. I also doubt he knows how to turn on his radio.