PDA

View Full Version : WHAT DID YOU DO?

06-08-2006, 04:10 PM
I am a FHP applicant and I am hoping to attend the academy in Setember. I just have a question...... I know that you get to leave the academy for weekends, how did you guys do that?? Did you just drive back and forth between the academy and your home? I am just trying to figure out what I am going to do on the weekends. I have an SUV that wastesALOT of gas and I am just looking for ideas on how I am going to handle the trip back and forth. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY REPLIES.

06-08-2006, 04:49 PM
You can stay at the academy if you want and just pay for your meals in Tallahassee. The 113th will be sharing rooms, 4 to each of them.
good luck

06-08-2006, 06:33 PM
I get about 10 miles to a gallon and I would like to go see my family on the weekends. Would it be possible to rent a car do you think??? I know this may sound like a stupid question, but I am just trying to figure out the cheapest way to travel between the academy and Hillsborough County. Thanks!

06-08-2006, 07:25 PM
Well, let's do the math.

Let's take $2.85 per gallon as the average cost of gas.

You get 10 mpg in your SUV.

Tallahassee to Tampa and return - 527 miles; cost $157.06

You can rent an economy car from Enterprise for the week-end for $45.50.

Estimate gas mileage @ 18 mpg. - 527 miles; cost $87.25.

Rental + gas = $132.75.

Yes, you could rent and save $24.31.

There is, of course the inconvenience of getting and returning the rental car.

Note also, that if you drive 80 mph each way you will still use up over 8 hours of your week end just traveling to and from home. (Of course, if you drive 80 mph your gas mileage will drop significantly and your costs will rise.)

--------

Perhaps there will be someone else in the academy from Hillsborough County who will also want to go home on weekends and you can split the cost.

--------

I understand the desire to go home to see family, but you might consider spending several weekends in Tallahassee; see the sights, make some new friends, study, etc.

--------

What do you drive that gets 10 mpg on the highway?

:shock:

06-08-2006, 11:49 PM
I drive an excursion. Gas mileage sucks :!: :!: :!:
Thanks for taking the time to reply!!!!

06-09-2006, 02:07 AM
dont forget that youll be an FHP Recruit. Bear in mind that 80 MPH is 10 MPH over the speed limit, and you will learn real quick at FHP that this VIOLATION OF STATE STATUTE is a sin and the ultimate crime within our society. How dare you suggest that a recruit break the very laws he has sworn to uphold. shame shame shame.

j/k :)

06-15-2006, 12:10 AM
Why would you want to work for FHP?????

07-20-2006, 03:19 AM
This is a joke right. I mean come on. You cannot be serious. If this is the type of mentality that FHP is hiring we are in serious trouble. If you can't figure this issue out for yourself what are you going to do when you are sent to a 5 car signal/4 on I-4 in Orange county in the rain with two fatals involved....? Cry??? What the hell is going on with the Highway Patrol?

07-21-2006, 03:00 PM
The first thing he would do is rent a compact, he wouldn't want to waste gas in his big v8 crown vic, or camaro. Then he would drive the speed limit to get to the sig 4 so he doesn't get x50 by one of his own. Then he would call in the SO to handle the call so it gets done right.

07-21-2006, 03:56 PM
You guy are a bunch of no good, bored out of your mind jack asses!! If you work this hard at work as you do on all the other agency's board, besides your own you most be a shining star that does not wrong. Brother work for whom ever you want, and make the best of it.

07-24-2006, 02:37 PM
Wow! Nice grammar, now we know why you don't work for the star. Hopefully your reports make more sense then that post.

07-24-2006, 05:48 PM
You sound like a "Wanna-be State Trooper" but was "REJECTED" from being hired as a State Trooper ;-D
I've been a local cop and now a State Trooper for 7 years and can tell you that YOUR job is boring! It's like being a "Glorified Social Worker" with all of the stupid domestics and especially responding to the SAME idiots. Of course you have the excitement of responding to alarms when it rains too, or even better playing the game of Politics when it nears election time and are even threaten by a drunk you've arrested because "He knows the Sheriff", geesh I bet you truly LOVE your job ;-D

dont forget that youll be an FHP Recruit. Bear in mind that 80 MPH is 10 MPH over the speed limit, and you will learn real quick at FHP that this VIOLATION OF STATE STATUTE is a sin and the ultimate crime within our society. How dare you suggest that a recruit break the very laws he has sworn to uphold. shame shame shame.

j/k :)

07-27-2006, 04:22 AM
did you just re-post the same post you wrote earlier? real creative jack ass. Urrrrrrr I was a Marine! Take your pink elephant and shove it up ur ass. Believe me, ur making more of this job than it really is. u know it and i know it. brc 97 '00.

08-29-2006, 04:51 AM
I am a FHP applicant and I am hoping to attend the academy in Setember. I just have a question...... I know that you get to leave the academy for weekends, how did you guys do that?? Did you just drive back and forth between the academy and your home? I am just trying to figure out what I am going to do on the weekends. I have an SUV that wastesALOT of gas and I am just looking for ideas on how I am going to handle the trip back and forth. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY REPLIES.

new academy is west of town. don't recall any rental places except at the airport, which is 45 min plus away. keep in mind you won't normally be released until 5pm on Fri, and will have to be back by 10p on Sun.

08-29-2006, 03:48 PM
You can stay at the academy if you want and just pay for your meals in Tallahassee. The 113th will be sharing rooms, 4 to each of them.
good luck

Just curious...where did you get the info that there will be 4 toa room?