PDA

View Full Version : North Port PD

06-05-2006, 06:31 AM
Just curious, do you have DAVID in your cars? Also, what "tools" do you use? For example, we have a system called WINGS where we can research people, places, etc. Just wondering what a city uses VS county, do you have better tools than we do??

06-05-2006, 08:21 PM
Yes we have DAVID in the cars. As far as wings, as of this year we have a program that is similar in the cars. Ours is a little more updated than WINGS though. I used to use WINGS, and its a bit outdated. It gives all the same info basicly just a little more user friendly. And our CAD was updated about a year ago too. Another great feature is the air card. I can take my computer anywhere and still log on. I take it into the S Jail and can still send messages, x27's and x28's etc. It also reads the x28 back when i run it. So i dont have to look at the screen, it tells me it's a 2005 Honda blue 4D, etc. Thats really convenient. It has been a pretty good system. We are pretty lucky when it comes to the equipment we have in our cars. IE CAD, In car Cameras, RADAR.

06-06-2006, 12:13 AM
Yes we have DAVID in the cars. As far as wings, as of this year we have a program that is similar in the cars. Ours is a little more updated than WINGS though. I used to use WINGS, and its a bit outdated. It gives all the same info basicly just a little more user friendly. And our CAD was updated about a year ago too. Another great feature is the air card. I can take my computer anywhere and still log on. I take it into the S Jail and can still send messages, x27's and x28's etc. It also reads the x28 back when i run it. So i dont have to look at the screen, it tells me it's a 2005 Honda blue 4D, etc. Thats really convenient. It has been a pretty good system. We are pretty lucky when it comes to the equipment we have in our cars. IE CAD, In car Cameras, RADAR.

That's great. So how user friendly is the wings-like system? And do they add information like FIs to it? SPD puts information into the system they have on every person they ever sign out with. How far back does your new system go? It's cool to know how other agencies work so when the time comes to fill out those wish lists we know what to ask for. Not that we'll definitely get it, but it doesn't hurt to ask right??

06-06-2006, 12:20 AM

That's great. So how user friendly is the wings-like system? And do they add information like FIs to it? SPD puts information into the system they have on every person they ever sign out with. How far back does your new system go? It's cool to know how other agencies work so when the time comes to fill out those wish lists we know what to ask for. Not that we'll definitely get it, but it doesn't hurt to ask right??I had no idea that other agencies have so much more than we do. Remarkable. I remember when having the MDT was impressive, if SPD and NPPD have all that other stuff, that's really amazing. :?

06-06-2006, 09:59 AM
the wings system is tied into our CAD. So evertime we do a x50 or x60 and the x28 is put on the dispatch screen the computer remembers it. so if we run the tag later it shows all the prior history on it.
As far a persons, every report we turn in all players get entered into the database. whenever we do a search for a name it will give us all info on the subject name dob ssn etc, and what involvement we have had with them.
supposedly next budget (Oct) will will be able to pull up the report in car.
As far as history, it was to costly to transfer over all old data, so our new database only started recently from scratch. Anything older we have to go to the office, or have dispatch research in the old in house program.
Were making progress good progress though. Our technology at NPPD is making great leaps forward.

06-06-2006, 02:35 PM
the wings system is tied into our CAD. So evertime we do a x50 or x60 and the x28 is put on the dispatch screen the computer remembers it. so if we run the tag later it shows all the prior history on it.
As far a persons, every report we turn in all players get entered into the database. whenever we do a search for a name it will give us all info on the subject name dob ssn etc, and what involvement we have had with them.
supposedly next budget (Oct) will will be able to pull up the report in car.
As far as history, it was to costly to transfer over all old data, so our new database only started recently from scratch. Anything older we have to go to the office, or have dispatch research in the old in house program.
Were making progress good progress though. Our technology at NPPD is making great leaps forward.

The ability to pull up actual reports in the car is really cool. Does your system (old or new) include the person's last known address, place of employment, etc? When did they implement your new system, and how long did it take to learn it?

06-08-2006, 06:35 PM
Yes it pulls up all the information we have on the subject. Both the new and old system do that. Only the new one can we pull it up in the car though. The CAD was put in about a year ago, and then the ability to pull up info in the car was only installed about 3-4 months ago.
It was pretty easy to learn. It is all pretty straight forward.