PDA

View Full Version : SSO, Get a life!

05-22-2006, 03:23 PM
Dear SSO:

Its interesting to read someone from the SSO slamming us for stopping an officer for speeding, and calling his supervisor. the guy in question had a poor attitude and STILL, we did not write him a ticket. He did get a butt chewing which he deserved, yet its funny ANYONE at the SSO would critize us.

After all, the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office, next to maybe FHP, has one of the worse reputations for screwing cops with both citations AND arrests. Someone ought to post on other boards the fact that most of the SSO could care less about a badge in your wallet. You speed, you got a ticket, you have a drink or two and drive, your going to jail and you have an attitude at a bar, and your cuffed and stuffed.

You guys ought to NEVER question what we do on the Key, when at least we bend over backwards to help a cop, and have given some of your guys rides home well out of our city. Including some of your brass that drink at the Colony when political gatherings happen there.

So, SSO, GET A LIFE before you guys EVER question how we treat other cops.

05-22-2006, 04:45 PM
Dear SSO:

Its interesting to read someone from the SSO slamming us for stopping an officer for speeding, and calling his supervisor. the guy in question had a poor attitude and STILL, we did not write him a ticket. He did get a butt chewing which he deserved, yet its funny ANYONE at the SSO would critize us. I'm from the SSO...

Don't pull over marked cars. Period. That's taboo, unless they are committing a felony-in-progress. Just leave'em alone. No ifs, ands or buts. Not even a maybe.

After all, the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office, next to maybe FHP, has one of the worse reputations for screwing cops, both with both citations AND arrests. Well, I hadn't really thought about that, but now that you mention it, geeze, maybe it's true??? When I think back on all the recent arrests lately.... :?

Someone ought to post on other boards the fact that most of the SSO could care less about a badge in your wallet. You speed, you got a ticket, you have a drink or two and drive, your going to jail and you have an attitude at a bar, and your cuffed and stuffed. No comment. :?

You guys ought to NEVER question what we do on the Key, when at least we bend over backwards to help a cop, and have given some of your guys rides home, well out of our city. Including some of your brass that drink at the Colony when political gatherings happen there.Not all of us at the SSO are rats. Like I said previously, I don't burn other cops for civil infractions or for misdemeansors like being drunk. However, I will arrest any cop anywhere for a "theiving misdemeanor" because that kind of a cop is a crook as far as I'm concerned. :twisted:

So, SSO, GET A LIFE before you guys EVER question how we treat other cops.IMO it's just a few idiots who give all departments a bad name -- and the SSO has a few -- but so does every other department, to include LBKPD. :shock:

05-22-2006, 05:01 PM
Dear LBKPD -

Your guy pulled over a marked truck from the FWC. You deserved a bad attitude directed at you. I hope he is professional enough to help you out one day when you need it and he may be the closest one to you when you need backup. Why would you pull a marked unit over anyways? You know its going to create turmoil - or is it that you guys need some attention there?

05-22-2006, 11:33 PM
Excuse me, please don't lump us all into one LBKPD. I happen to give a lot of guys breaks. Unfortunately I guess some of our guys are AH's like CS and RF (retired thank God) and several others. But they are the minority, not the majority.

05-22-2006, 11:50 PM
I dont kown how you guys get treated in sso from longboat but When they come to our jail they try to treat us like crap.The Female officer that was there this week was mean and nasty.

05-23-2006, 12:47 AM
Why waste your time stopping a marked unit?

05-23-2006, 01:16 AM
LONG BOAT KEY THEY HAVE A POLICE DEPT WOW I DID NOT KNOW THAT. WHAT DO THEY DO WATCH PEOPLE DRIVE N/B AND S/B ON THE GULF OF MEXICO DR COMMING AND GOING FROM DINNER PARTIES. :lol:

05-23-2006, 01:16 AM
Why waste your time stopping a marked unit?Good point!!! That's rookie (or stupid) material!!!

05-23-2006, 01:22 AM
Dear SSO:

Its interesting to read someone from the SSO slamming us for stopping an officer for speeding, and calling his supervisor. the guy in question had a poor attitude and STILL, we did not write him a ticket. He did get a butt chewing which he deserved, yet its funny ANYONE at the SSO would critize us. I'm from the SSO...

Don't pull over marked cars. Period. That's taboo, unless they are committing a felony-in-progress. Just leave'em alone. No ifs, ands or buts. Not even a maybe.

After all, the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office, next to maybe FHP, has one of the worse reputations for screwing cops, both with both citations AND arrests. Well, I hadn't really thought about that, but now that you mention it, geeze, maybe it's true??? When I think back on all the recent arrests lately.... :?

Someone ought to post on other boards the fact that most of the SSO could care less about a badge in your wallet. You speed, you got a ticket, you have a drink or two and drive, your going to jail and you have an attitude at a bar, and your cuffed and stuffed. No comment. :?

You guys ought to NEVER question what we do on the Key, when at least we bend over backwards to help a cop, and have given some of your guys rides home, well out of our city. Including some of your brass that drink at the Colony when political gatherings happen there.Not all of us at the SSO are rats. Like I said previously, I don't burn other cops for civil infractions or for misdemeansors like being drunk. However, I will arrest any cop anywhere for a "theiving misdemeanor" because that kind of a cop is a crook as far as I'm concerned. :twisted:

So, SSO, GET A LIFE before you guys EVER question how we treat other cops.IMO it's just a few idiots who give all departments a bad name -- and the SSO has a few -- but so does every other department, to include LBKPD. :shock:

First of all. Im not even going to try and defend your childish behavior but attitude,,,Yeah I wouldnt of even stopped for you. Who do you think you are trying to stop a marked LEO vehicle???? That is nuts. I would told you to pound sand. Its ashamed the poor LEO probably thought you were gonna ask him a wildlife question or something instead you start in on speeding....Attitude I would of given you attitude. Yeah call my supervisor and drove right off. I would of love to of seen you call out x31 on a marked LEO vehicle. BBPD and SPD would of laughed you right back to your city limits sign. Oh and dont forget your city is in our county. So play that crap somewhere else. You might be a zipper cop but try and remember we are on on the same side I know were not all Captains lollll

05-23-2006, 01:31 AM
Excuse me, please don't lump us all into one LBKPD. I happen to give a lot of guys breaks. Unfortunately I guess some of our guys are AH's like CS and RF (retired thank God) and several others. But they are the minority, not the majority.

Then who in there right mind would even consider lighting up a marked unit. You just dont do that. I guess I can not even get that in my mind. Thats crazy. Your cortesty too off duty cops. Hey whatever if you want to be an A&*( and write cops thats on you, Not me but YOU DONT STOP OTHER COPS IN MARKED CARS. Thank god it wasnt a deputy because I know I would of told you to pack sand and drove right off. As far as attitidue I would of chewed that LBK cop out literally what gall then politely said good bye and drove right off.

Call a supervisor your an a&*(, Did you ever think you got the attitude because YOU STOPPED AN ON DUTY COP who thought he was probably gonna answer a wildlife question or something. Man YOu can not even defend that.. It just doesnt compare to anything.

05-23-2006, 01:33 AM
I dont kown how you guys get treated in sso from longboat but When they come to our jail they try to treat us like crap.The Female officer that was there this week was mean and nasty.

OMG,

Get over it now he treated me bad waaah, take a number they are SOOOOO short handed in the jail we all get it. city,county,state,federal etc... Dont even try and tell us about attitude. I guess you guys have no spine dealing with all the rich people. You can not defendn stopping a marked car in uniform. That cop should be Code Red period....

05-23-2006, 01:36 AM
Sorry I mispelled a couple of words above. My blood is boiling!!

05-23-2006, 04:17 AM
I'm having a hard time understanding this one. Did a LEO sto another marked unit from another agency, and if so why??
That makes no sense. I hope the officer that was getting stopped was at leat nice enough to tell the bored cop to go f... himself before he rocked his doors off. Nice job LBKPD, I think i'll take my chances with the SO!!

05-23-2006, 07:57 AM
You SSO guys (not all) are BS...Yes, one of our guys (not me) did stop a marked unit for speeding and called his captain. And maybe if I see a marked SSO car (not MSO car) speeding, I'll stop you guys too. And if you don't stop, then you guys can book another of your own. You guys are use to booking your own, since thats what the SSO is best at, locking up their own. What BS that the SSO can even question what we do??? Hey, Manatee SO, at least you guys to bag your own.

Who is the Fat Traffic SSO Guy that locks up and writes the other cops? Hope he drives through our city sometime, marked unit or not. SSO has a worse rep then FHP for this.

05-24-2006, 12:24 AM
I can tell you this if you tried to stop me I would kindly see what you wanted maybe answer a question or something but let me tell you. I DO NOT HAVE TO EXPLAIN ANYTHING to you in a marked car when I am working. I would of just driven off because I know you wouldnt like the outcome.

Your comment about stopping another on duty LEO just proves my point. I think its time you town cops get schooled in Police Officer 101. Get your head out of the clouds. YOU DO NOT HAVE THAT RIGHT and I only wish I knew your name for even thinking that mentality. You should really be ashamed of yourself. YOU ARE SOOO WRONG on this one

05-24-2006, 12:28 AM
[quote="LBKPD"]You SSO guys (not all) are BS...Yes, one of our guys (not me) did stop a marked unit for speeding and called his captain. And maybe if I see a marked SSO car (not MSO car) speeding, I'll stop you guys too. And if you don't stop, then you guys can book another of your own. You guys are use to booking your own, since thats what the SSO is best at, locking up their own. What BS that the SSO can even question what we do??? Hey, Manatee SO, at least you guys to bag your own.

Hey get over your stigmata of arresting cops off duty. It doesnt even compare you moron. YOU DONT STOP COPS on duty. You are just lucky he was nice of enough to stop. Now that we know your Idea of screwing someone, We wont even stop or slow down for you. You can just call dispatch if you want to inquire.]

Further more If I would of given you a reason to call a supervisor as he did. Poor attitude DAAAA you stopped an on duty cop. I would of told you to Go F&*() and drove right off and there isnt a darn thing you can do.

05-24-2006, 12:52 AM
And had you just drove off and I confirmed who you were and you were NOT on an emergency call, you AH would have had to answer your NTA for resisting and your IA, which would have most likely lead to your termination.

05-24-2006, 10:20 AM
And had you just drove off and I confirmed who you were and you were NOT on an emergency call, you AH would have had to answer your NTA for resisting and your IA, which would have most likely lead to your termination.Like most people, if I were in a marked car and if another marked car came up behind me with his reds & blues on, I would instinctively assume that he needed my help, so he was stopping me for my assistance.

But...

If I suspected that he was doing a traffic stop (and I probably would not suspect that in a million years)...

I would probably do a u-turn and turn my lights on and drive towards him and meet head-on and we could both get out of our cars and walk up to each and ask "wassup"??? :lol:

Lemmie see ur drivers license????? :shock: :shock: :shock:

It's boneheads like that that give all officers everywhere a bad (or weird) reputation. :roll:

Marked cars don't pull over marked cars. That's a sign of mental illness. Period. :x

05-24-2006, 01:44 PM
I couldnt agree with you more Mental Illness - you DO NOT stop marked cars! It is a waste of time!!! If you come to the SSO from LBKPD one day from being bored and decide to do that you will -probably- get ***** slapped by some FTO or someone else in the agency. It is asinine and uncalled for. Grow Up! There are plenty of other speeders out there to worry about.

05-24-2006, 01:46 PM
"Boneheads like this give others a bad name"

What about the many "Boneheads" who work at the SSO who actually enjoy writing and arresting their fellow officers?

Look up the term BONEHEAD and you will see a picture of an SSO Traffic Deputy!

05-24-2006, 05:29 PM
You guys KNOW you are wrong - that is why you can't come up with a decent reply. There is NO ONE going to agree with you that it is ok to stop a marked unit! Just give up. You are making an ass of yourself.

05-24-2006, 05:35 PM

What about the many "Boneheads" who work at the SSO who actually enjoy writing and arresting their fellow officers?

Look up the term BONEHEAD and you will see a picture of an SSO Traffic Deputy!I don't deny that we have boneheads at the SSO, but pulling over a marked car is a bonehead move!!! Do you belive it's appropriate to pull over marked police cars??? :roll:

05-24-2006, 06:22 PM

Look up the term BONEHEAD and you will see a picture of an SSO Traffic Deputy!

Traffic Deputy why because some moronic cop OFF DUTY crashed his car with a witness victim and forced the Deputy in that position. Quit trying to compare stupid stuff. You look like an Idiot. I can see that you like taking up for this idiot cop who stops marked cars. Im curious would you stop a marked car????

05-24-2006, 06:26 PM
And had you just drove off and I confirmed who you were and you were NOT on an emergency call, you AH would have had to answer your NTA for resisting and your IA, which would have most likely lead to your termination.

Yeah ok you can do a NTA on someone you didnt see in our tinted windows. Hey idiot WHATS YOUR NAME I would love to come out there and debate your concept of logic. Who DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?

How did you get hired with that mental defect? Your joking right? Please tell me there is only one in your agency and not more than one with that kind of mentality. I just cant believe what Im hearing. CAN U SAY LAWSUIT. Try something like that and Ill own Long Boat Key. I assure you your Chief wouldnt appreciate your mentality and putting the agency in a civil issue like that. There is no way You could even file such BS paperwork like that. Your supervisors would see right throught your RAT mentality

05-24-2006, 07:20 PM
First, I never said I agreed with our guy stopping a marked police vehicle and NO, I would not do that. How this all started was that I simply stated that it is funny that ANYONE in the SSO would point to ONE of our guys stopping a marked vehicle when you guys bag other cops on a pretty regular basis. I just attended a police conference and all the talk was "What is up with the guys from Sarasota locking up their own"?? So, I repeat, don't you dare slam us, until you get your rats nest cleaned up first. You guys posted about us first, and I simply replied. I have a lot of friends on the SSO and I know they feel the same way. You guys do have quite a reputation for locking up cops across the entire state of Florida. If your ok with that, then enough has been said.

05-24-2006, 08:28 PM
Im curious too know what people you are talking about. Throw some scenarios. Everyone that has gotten bagged lately IE SPD Lt...Darn sure deserved that,, but I have 16 years in and I have seen some guys get screwed in IAs but as far as arrest. I can tell you the vast majority made there own bed so I will slam the idiot for doing that out there. He made your agency look really bad.

We have a decent size agency so I know I am not always in the loop but I can tell you this. I Wont even blink at a marked car in our area if they are speeding...Waaah, LBKPD,BPD,Orange SO whoever You just dont do that. There are plenty more than to cause just this identical issue, bad blood between agencies because of some tool that I can only hope you all corrected the problem....

I just dont even get the mentality of doing something so pointless

05-24-2006, 09:30 PM
To LBKPD:

Pull your guy off to the side and chew his ass - tell him to NOT pull over marked cars, period. We need to end this BS on here back and forth. All of us agreed it was wrong for him to stop a marked car - AND - it is wrong to slam one another on here. Please just talk to him and tell him that the word DOES get out there and it is very UNCOOL to be doing that. Thank You.

05-24-2006, 09:55 PM
Believe me, he has had an earfull here among our own guys. He even got a small marked patrol car as a gift so he'd be able to identify them in the future.

However, what I object to after 35 years on the job is guys from the SSO slamming our guy after the many cases we've seen where you guys slam fellow officers for BS. I even read a post recently where one of your deputies in a MARKED patrol car was DUI and she resigned shortly afterward. Of course, she was in a marked car and would not have been stopped anyway, even if she was toasted.

Like I said, we'll handle our own, the SO should do the same!

05-24-2006, 11:17 PM
Here's a solution - let Chief Hogle run in '08 for Sarasota Sheriff and then he can clean up the SSO when he wins!

05-24-2006, 11:58 PM
He cannot even control his own guys from conducting traffic stops on marked units, and you think he going to be the savior?
Think again......

CHUCKY CHEEEZE
05-25-2006, 01:19 AM
You guys hired Trooper King? :lol:

05-25-2006, 01:31 AM
Here's a solution - let Chief Hogle run in '08 for Sarasota Sheriff and then he can clean up the SSO when he wins!

Nope we need a REAL Cop to run not another snowball. We already have our share of clowns. Oh and as far as the girl quitting after DUI in a marked car. Another rumor that you all didnt get the facts on and Im sure like a lot more so dont start bashing until you know your facts. I respect your 35 years but you should know by now not to believe everything you hear

05-26-2006, 12:57 PM
why does this small strip of land even have a police dept if you call it that?

05-26-2006, 01:05 PM
why does this small strip of land even have a police dept if you call it that?Good question!!! I guess that the citizen's of Longboat Key can afford it, but it's definately not cost effective. :?

06-11-2006, 01:29 AM
LBKPD wouldn't know what to do if they had real police work to do. Pulling over a speeding veh is the most excitement they get. They drive back and forth on Gulf of Mexico Drive their whole shift and check houses for people who have gone on vacation. Once in a while if a beat up car drives by their hearts start racing. Your department isn't as controversial because your on a VERY SMALL piece of land protecting rich retirees. Your not even in a position to Judge another police department. Mall security has more foot pursuits than you guys do!

05-03-2010, 01:16 AM
Dear SSO:

Its interesting to read someone from the SSO slamming us for stopping an officer for speeding, and calling his supervisor. the guy in question had a poor attitude and STILL, we did not write him a ticket. He did get a butt chewing which he deserved, yet its funny ANYONE at the SSO would critize us.

After all, the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office, next to maybe FHP, has one of the worse reputations for screwing cops with both citations AND arrests. Someone ought to post on other boards the fact that most of the SSO could care less about a badge in your wallet. You speed, you got a ticket, you have a drink or two and drive, your going to jail and you have an attitude at a bar, and your cuffed and stuffed.

You guys ought to NEVER question what we do on the Key, when at least we bend over backwards to help a cop, and have given some of your guys rides home well out of our city. Including some of your brass that drink at the Colony when political gatherings happen there.

Slam the SSO? Jealous because all you do is SIT and write tickets? Do you even know what being a "COP" really is ? sheeeesh

05-03-2010, 02:43 AM
yeahhhhh, I wouldn't try to pull over an on duty cop, unless of course you're looking to get shot. LBKPD, is that like us having a Siesta Key PD?

05-03-2010, 09:22 PM
Dear SSO:

Slam the SSO? Jealous because all you do is SIT and write tickets? Do you even know what being a "COP" really is ? sheeeesh

Too Tall, you are the the epitome of one sad f***! Did you really dig way back into the archives of Leo Affairs almost 4 effin years to find something to respond to...and in such a limp way? REALLY?!?! Allow me to paraphrase your thoroughly weak comment with this:

Do you even realize what having a "LIFE" is about??? You must be serious magic with the ladies.

05-07-2010, 09:21 PM
long boat key has a police dept wow did not know never seen one driving around.. what a joke :devil: :cop: :devil:

05-08-2010, 11:05 AM
Wow...talk about a blast from the past. We must be talking about Tolley, Roscoe or Philips. All a bunch of boobs. That was their style..BUT WAIT, they retired. Did they leave such a mark on you that you that your now acting like them?
Common sense guys. I could of stopped Kintz for DUI one night in his squad car after a night at Brad beach. Then we had Koons (may he rest in piece) get on the radio at night when he was piss drunk yackin' on the radio until Roscoe had to disconnect his mic. Of course that was a nightly thing with him.
I loved you guys out there and still do. We hired a lot of boobs under Balkwill's tenure. That should explain a majority of them. I have NO use for thieving, drug using cops. They make us all look bad.
Trust me I know it was slow out there, but I would never ever X50 a marked unit. I did pull over a FBI clown driving like an AZZ clown in the middle of the day in a rental car. He got his "FED" azz chewed good and I was a rookie and he was apologizing to me before it was over. I don't know many of you out there anymore, but I was the legend. Some old timers know who this is.
Bury this now. We're all brothers and sisters.

05-08-2010, 12:50 PM
WORD O NTHE STREET IS THAT L BOAT PD HIRES ACADEMY REJECTS WHO ELSE WOULD WORK THERE...