PDA

View Full Version : Longboat Key PD - Idiots

05-19-2006, 10:29 PM
This happened at the SSO a long time ago....BUT....last week, a Longboat Key PD Officer running radar on the strip decided to x50 a State FWC worker in his marked truck with the lightbar and all for speeding. When he made contact with the Officer, he chewed him out and then called his Captain and IA to get him in trouble. Thats real nice !! Obviously, there is no such thing as professional courtesy in Longboat Key - probably because they have nothing better to do. I will remember that next time I stop one of them at night - actually, I wont stoop that low - I have better things to do. Good going Longboat Key PD ! I hope you are proud!!

05-19-2006, 11:04 PM
That reminds me of when that female state trooper tried to do a x50 on Dan Normal when he was x51 to a bank alarm. :shock:

He finally gets to the bank and this female trooper rushes up to him and order him to give her his DL. He just said "Get away from me b*tch! I'm at a bank alarm!" :shock:

And I'm not talking about trooper red. :shock:

05-20-2006, 01:13 AM
I miss that guy!!! He spoke his mind and stood up for himself. We need more people like him! I remember when he told Gerry Poole he was a spineless ******* right to his face! Gerry as his LT!

I think the Trooper you are referring to was Joan Foucher?? She was a tough brut. Anyhow, I ashamed that Longboat Key PD would screw another brother for SPEEDING!!!! Its one thing if it is domestic or a theft or something but a civil infraction??????? I hope the name of the Officer is revealed on here - there aren't many over there so I am sure someone knows. Longboat Key is a worthless agency anyways. They have nothing better to do than to write tickets for speed. Basically a Sarasota S/O reject.

05-20-2006, 01:44 AM
I miss that guy!!! He spoke his mind and stood up for himself. We need more people like him! I remember when he told Gerry Poole he was a spineless ******* right to his face! Gerry as his LT! LOL :lol:

Yep, Dan definately spoke his mind and called it as he saw it, but I guess they rode him pretty hard for it too. :?

Where is Dan now??? What did he do with his life??? Did he stay in LE?

I think the Trooper you are referring to was Joan Foucher?? She was a tough brut. She also pulled over an off-duty SPD officer who was still in uniform (driving home) for speeding, but she gave him half of a professional courtsey by saying, "I'm going to cut you a break and not write you a ticket for speeding, but I'm going to have to write you a ticket for something, so I'll just write you a ticket for now wearing a seat belt." The officer was wearing a seatbelt, so the ticket was horsesh*t!!! :roll:

The officer filed a complaint with Joan's major and he basically told her to NEVER EVER WRITE ANOTHER COP A TICKET EVER AGAIN. That was the end of that. I guess she was in some deep hot water for having two weird incidents in a row. She got suspended without pay for trying to x50 a marked SSO police car with Dan Normal in it.

Anyhow, I ashamed that Longboat Key PD would screw another brother for SPEEDING!!!! Its one thing if it is domestic or a theft or something but a civil infraction??????? I hope the name of the Officer is revealed on here - there aren't many over there so I am sure someone knows. Longboat Key is a worthless agency anyways. They have nothing better to do than to write tickets for speed. Basically a Sarasota S/O reject.We can't pick on Longboat Key PD because we have a few screwballs ourself!!!!! I won't name names, but trust me, we've got some wackjobs working for us. :roll:

Every big department has a few wackjobs that slip through the cracks. :?

05-21-2006, 09:51 PM
This happened at the SSO a long time ago....BUT....last week, a Longboat Key PD Officer running radar on the strip decided to x50 a State FWC worker in his marked truck with the lightbar and all for speeding. When he made contact with the Officer, he chewed him out and then called his Captain and IA to get him in trouble. Thats real nice !! Obviously, there is no such thing as professional courtesy in Longboat Key - probably because they have nothing better to do. I will remember that next time I stop one of them at night - actually, I wont stoop that low - I have better things to do. Good going Longboat Key PD ! I hope you are proud!!

Im not sure. The town cop actually did a x50 on the marked car. I think I would of climbed up the town cop and down the other side. Who is he too even try and stop a marked car. Not his place. I wouldnt of even stopped I would of just waved and kept driving. What nerve. I dont know its gotta to be not true. I just cant even see a cop doing that.

05-21-2006, 11:42 PM
Hey AH, at least we in Longboat Key don't write cops like you guys at the SO do!! Get a life, you guys lock up your own cops, yet we hauled your drunken bozo's home a dozen times or more from political functions at the Colony, and you have the nerve to bit** at us for calling a supervisor? Yea, perhaps we should have just locked him up.

Get a life SSO, next to troopers, SSO is the worse for taken care of cops.

05-22-2006, 03:20 PM
"Every big department has a few wackjobs that slip through the cracks. "

...and if you cant figure out who they are then YOU are probably it!

05-22-2006, 04:37 PM
"Every big department has a few wackjobs that slip through the cracks. "

...and if you cant figure out who they are then YOU are probably it!Whatever. :roll: You're a troll, aren't you? :roll:

I'm from the SSO. :!:

I can tell you this: I don't burn other cops and I don't come on this forum to trash other agencies or officers. If I'm not there for an officer when he needs help, then no one will be. I don't burn other cops. Period. Have a nice day. :roll:

05-22-2006, 05:06 PM
Yes, LBKPD stopped a MARKED FWC truck, lightbar and all. Before you slam the Officer, take into consideration whether or not he has had his eyes checked recently. Maybe he didnt see the markings, light bar, STATE LAW ENFORCEMENT written on the side - who knows. BUT if he DID see it, he obviously is an attention getting idiot that has nothing better to do than to .....well you know, sit on Longboat Key and stop cars.

State Of The Art

05-23-2006, 01:19 AM
GIVE LBKPD A BREAK HTEY ARE BORED OUT THERE ON HTAT HIGH CRIME PIECE OF LAND, GOLLY GEE WHAT A WASTE OF A POLICE DEPT LET SSO AND MSO WORK THE AREA OR BETTER YET PRIVATE SECUIRTY IF IT IS REAL BAD THEN THE POLICE CAN RESPOND OUT THERE. 8)

05-23-2006, 01:25 AM
Hey AH, at least we in Longboat Key don't write cops like you guys at the SO do!! Get a life, you guys lock up your own cops, yet we hauled your drunken bozo's home a dozen times or more from political functions at the Colony, and you have the nerve to bit** at us for calling a supervisor? Yea, perhaps we should have just locked him up.

Get a life SSO, next to troopers, SSO is the worse for taken care of cops.

Ok maybe we have locked up a few dirty cops but I cant recall the last time we stopped someone in uniform and a marked vehicle. Sorry,,Nope that one really takes it. Your lucky the guy even acknowledged you. I bet next time they will just keep on driving. I know I would.

05-23-2006, 06:33 AM
It's pretty funny to me that a local city cop pulled over a state law enforcement officer.

What if the FWC guy was going to back up another officer on a T50? LBKPD has no way of knowing what that officer is doing seeing since we don't share radio groups.

I think I'll take a drive out to the Manatee County side of the key and wait for a priorty call to go out and see what they do.

They try and pull me over when I'm responding to a call and I might just have to T15 them for obstruction.

Maybe that would knock some sense into them...

05-23-2006, 08:04 AM
Hey SSO, what are you guys doing posting cra* here when you could be out locking up other cops? Comeone, I'm sure you can grab another cop on Siesta for drinking and cuff em? Who cares if he is a LT? Cuff em if it makes you feel better. Maybe grab a couple more of you own for DUI, only to see the cases tossed out of court.

Give me a break, the Sarasota Sheriff's Office has one of the worse reputations in the STATE for locking up cops, so BITE ME when it comes to one of our guys STOPPING (not even writing) another cop. No less to have the SSO guys be critical of us on here?

Hey, hurry or you'll miss the deputy with an open container!

05-23-2006, 11:01 AM
BITE ME when it comes to one of our guys STOPPING (not even writing) another cop [in a marked police vehicle]. Hummmmmm some people just don't get it. :?

Vulgarian
05-23-2006, 04:03 PM
Ok, I've read all of your posts on here and I feel like I have to tell you that "worse" is different than "worst."

05-23-2006, 04:35 PM
LBKPD, you keep comparing SSO/FHP to pulling over or arresting OFF DUTY cops to the incident that occurred out on the island. It is like comparing apples to oranges.

Off duty is just that, off duty. If you hit your wife, you better believe you are going to jail. Don't put the on duty cop in that position. If you are out drinking and get pulled over, don't expect to get a jail out of free card. You should have known better and hope that maybe someone will give you a break. But don't expect it - you knew that you were wrong and were hoping not to get caught. If you are off duty and are out drinking at a bar and you end up getting a little unruly, don't blame the on duty guys. If you can't handle your alcohol, don't drink or don't put yourself in a position to compromise yourself.

Pulling over a marked STATE LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER for speeding in your little "snooty" city is not the same thing. You had no idea if they were running to a call or if they were just speeding. You might have forgotten, seeing since you are stuck out in the small, boring island, that Longboat is part of the State, and FWC has jurisdiction out there.

Hypothetically speaking, if you would have pulled over a marked patrol car from some other county - say like Orlando P.D or Orange County- that you knew was staying at one of your hotels for a conference, then maybe, just maybe, I could understand pulling them over and letting them know that speeding doesn't fly over here and end it at that. I STILL wouldn't do that, but you could safely say that you knew that the Orlando cop wasn't running to a call. But pulling over a police officer who jurisdiction just doesn't make sense.

Maybe the next time the President stays out on Longboat Key you can pull over one of the secret service vehicles. I'm sure they drive the speed limit when transporting the President. We wouldn't want them to get hurt or anything.

05-23-2006, 06:04 PM
It's funny just to hear an SSO deputy speak out of both sides of his mouth!...Go lock up another cop!

05-23-2006, 06:20 PM
Thats the best youve got??? geeez....no wonder you work at LBKPD.

05-23-2006, 08:02 PM
What comes around always goes around!!! Can anyone provide a name to go with this post, so we know who to have on our radar.

05-23-2006, 10:21 PM
Lets all just grow up, please? You both have great point, in that LKPD should not be stopping "Marked" vehicles and Sarasota SO does have bad reputation for arresting cops on minor BS, but we still need to work together. I don't work for either of your agencies and work patrol for MCSO, however most of the guys in both your departments are good guys. We have some jerks here too, although here you lock a cop up or write a cop for BS and you'd be mud with CW.

Oh well, nuff said!

05-23-2006, 10:40 PM
This happened at the SSO a long time ago

Yes it did, Norm Coblentz stopped FWO Don Love on STRD 72. Love was on a call and left Coblentz cuffed to his steering wheel... State over County, Boys!!

05-24-2006, 01:43 PM
I work for MSO! I posted the two comments as WOW.

06-05-2006, 02:52 AM
Sounds like something Thompson would do.

I guess that FWC should be glad that he did not pull his gun and put the lazer on him...(can you beleive they get lazers)

At least SSO are not grocery getters.....

06-05-2006, 09:34 PM
lbkpd whats that? :lol:

06-09-2006, 08:53 PM
If the Grouper Troopers would stop flying by in excess of 65 mph, (in fact, if Dep. P. from SSO would stop doing the same), they wouldn't get pulled. If you knew your radar, you'd Know that the oncoming vehicle is "seen" by the radar unit long before the vehicle is seen by the officer. And if you knew the design of the FWC's trucks, you'd know that the light bar can not be immediately seen on dark Longboat Key at 2:00 a.m.. Further, no one at Longboat PD called anyone's captain, so tell P to slow down, in his unmarked chebby, and tell the grouper troopers to slow down in their trucks pulling trailers with no lights, and we will all be happy. Next thing you know, you will be accusing Longboat of using clocks to catch people on radar.

06-09-2006, 09:05 PM
Sounds like something Thompson would do.

I guess that FWC should be glad that he did not pull his gun and put the lazer on him...(can you beleive they get lazers)

At least SSO are not grocery getters.....

Okay. The word is spelled L-A-S-E-R, and belIEve, well, i before E, greeny. FWC, btw, admits they drive fast through Longboat Key. Once they put their blue lights on, Longboat PD backs off.

06-09-2006, 10:46 PM
Thats crazy, why would you pull out on one in the first place?? I wouldnt even waste my time

06-09-2006, 11:22 PM
Thats crazy, why would you pull out on one in the first place?? I wouldnt even waste my time

Read up, goob.... I said, the radar sees the vehicle, oncoming. What, does billy boy not provide your cars with radar? It's not all about radar guns. So if you're driving, and the vehicle is approaching, you can tell that it's doing 65mph before you can tell what type vehicle it is. If you pass it in a dark area, you can't even see the markings on the truck. If you don't believe it, go out there some night when you're not chowing at Denny's and see for yourself. Double standard seems to have always been the rule of the day for SO. "It's okay to violate the same laws you enforce at work", such as disrespecting the local jurisdiction's laws, or DOT's speed limits. You are legends (in your OWN minds).

06-10-2006, 05:28 PM
Boy that was mature, I dont eat Denny's so sell your mentality to someone else. As far as Radar, I run it and laser. If you were vigilant enough to tell a light bar...., besides Im not having this conversation with you. Its pointless,, Go find the tool who actually STOPPED the LEO and school him in police work. Dont give me your SSO and Long Boat crap. I know several guys out there and believe it or not I do come out there Im in a specialty unit so tkae your jaded attitude and apply it where it should be at the GOOB who actually turned his lights on. I know I can tell the difference, It doesnt matter what agency, I dont care if your on a conference at a hotel.. Thats taboo bad police work

06-14-2006, 04:40 AM
Man, if McCammon was still chief and that happened, it would be HER ass. Yes her. anyway not the Longboat i use to know. We would never, ever write another Brother or sister LEO. But now a new bread of snotty nose kids.

06-15-2006, 11:37 AM
Who would never write another cop? I know no one from the SSO dare make that claim? Especially not when the SSO claim to fame is arresting and writing thier own deputies for BS. I'll take my small city anyday, then to have the reputation that the SSO has. I realize its not everyone on the SSO, and I have many friends who work their and they tell me they only have a few jerks, yet someone needs to talk to those jerks and set them straight. FHP has always had a "screw the cop" mentality, but SSO's reputation is known statewide.

we pull over ONE marked vehicle ad give a warning and we are the idiot??? You have got to be kidding me. We don't need to beat this one up any longer. Now go out and lock up another one of you own guys for DUI.

06-15-2006, 12:22 PM
Who would never write another cop? I know no one from the SSO dare make that claim? Especially not when the SSO claim to fame is arresting and writing thier own deputies for BS. I'll take my small city anyday, then to have the reputation that the SSO has. I realize its not everyone on the SSO, and I have many friends who work their and they tell me they only have a few jerks, yet someone needs to talk to those jerks and set them straight. FHP has always had a "screw the cop" mentality, but SSO's reputation is known statewide.

we pull over ONE marked vehicle and give a warning and we are the idiot??? You have got to be kidding me. We don't need to beat this one up any longer. Now go out and lock up another one of you own guys for DUI.Regarding LBKPD...

I have a friend on LBKPD and I have nothing against LPKPD officers because they are just ordinary Joes trying to make a living. However, it is still bizarre to conduct a traffic stop on a marked unit, verbal or no verbal warning. If you're running radar, then don't try to do a traffic stop on a vehicle with giant red & blue lights on top. If you don't understand how BIZARRE that is, then I have nothing further to say.

Regarding SSO...

I'm very sad to hear that we have a statewide reputation of locking up our own. We don't have a reputation of giving tickets to cops, but we have a reputation of locking up cops who held the wrong campaign sign. The last election is the worst I've ever seen here and the politics is still ongoing and they are still either punishing or rewarding people, depending on which campaign sign they held. IMO that explains why some SSO deputies have arrested other SSO deputies. When Chuck Stillwagon arrested Bill Balkwill's drinking buddy and campaign supporter (Curt Laverello) for DUI, it was all about politics -- and we all know it!!! Outside citizens don't know it, but then again, they have no idea what is going on on the inside of the agency.

Politics and "retaliatory politics" are real. Remember when Captain Dario Valente used SIB (narcotics) equipment to "follow around" the opposing campaign team??? First of all, using SSO narcotics equipment (the "wire") to trail an opposing campaign team is illegal. Thank goodness the media never got a hold of that -- and the statute of limitations is now expired. Anyways, Dario was secretly following the opposing campaign team around using covert SIB methods & equipment -- and then when the opposing campaign team planted some campaign signs in a certain yard, Dario then did a traffic stop on them and he arrested them for "loitering & prowling," which is a statute that is usually used for people who are about to commit a burglary. The media obviously got a hold of that affidavit and they had a field day with it and Dario was demoted to lieutenant, but he has since been re-promoted to captain. The point is that Dario arrested the opposing campaign team. Don't try to tell me that vindictive politics at the SSO isn't real. It's very real and it's happening right here right now and it's totally torn the SSO apart, moreso than I've ever seen it. Cops arresting other cops, based on the campaign sign they held? :roll:
[/*:m:2jso6dhw]
Cops arresting civilians, just because they are on the opposing campaign team? (Dario's case)
Cops promoting other cops, based on the campaign sign then held? :roll:
Cops denying promotions to other cops, based on the campaign sign they held? :roll:[/*:m:2jso6dhw]I need an aspirin or retirement, whichever comes first. Dam, I guess I'll have to settle for the aspirin. :cry:

06-23-2006, 02:01 AM
LOOK GUYS IF YOUR THAT BORED GO TO ANOTHER AGENCY WHERE IT'S A LITTLE MORE BUSY. 8)

06-23-2006, 03:03 PM
Regarding SSO...

I'm very sad to hear that we have a statewide reputation of locking up our own. We don't have a reputation of giving tickets to cops, but we have a reputation of locking up cops who held the wrong campaign sign. The last election is the worst I've ever seen here and the politics is still ongoing and they are still either punishing or rewarding people, depending on which campaign sign they held. IMO that explains why some SSO deputies have arrested other SSO deputies. When Chuck Stillwagon arrested Bill Balkwill's drinking buddy and campaign supporter (Curt Laverello) for DUI, it was all about politics -- and we all know it!!! Outside citizens don't know it, but then again, they have no idea what is going on on the inside of the agency.

Politics and "retaliatory politics" are real. Remember when Captain Dario Valente used SIB (narcotics) equipment to "follow around" the opposing campaign team??? First of all, using SSO narcotics equipment (the "wire") to trail an opposing campaign team is illegal. Thank goodness the media never got a hold of that -- and the statute of limitations is now expired. Anyways, Dario was secretly following the opposing campaign team around using covert SIB methods & equipment -- and then when the opposing campaign team planted some campaign signs in a certain yard, Dario then did a traffic stop on them and he arrested them for "loitering & prowling," which is a statute that is usually used for people who are about to commit a burglary. The media obviously got a hold of that affidavit and they had a field day with it and Dario was demoted to lieutenant, but he has since been re-promoted to captain. The point is that Dario arrested the opposing campaign team. Don't try to tell me that vindictive politics at the SSO isn't real. It's very real and it's happening right here right now and it's totally torn the SSO apart, moreso than I've ever seen it. Cops arresting other cops, based on the campaign sign they held? :roll:
[/*:m:1ydy7x31]
Cops arresting civilians, just because they are on the opposing campaign team? (Dario's case)
Cops promoting other cops, based on the campaign sign then held? :roll:
Cops denying promotions to other cops, based on the campaign sign they held? :roll:[/*:m:1ydy7x31]I need an aspirin or retirement, whichever comes first. Dam, I guess I'll have to settle for the aspirin. :cry:[/quote]

Dude you are soo lost what reputation are you talking about. Its all in your head. Statewide reputation...You are soo wrong. We have an excellent reputation leading all the way to North Florida. You are just so jaded and caught up in politics the only thing you hear is your concept of personal perception. My suggestion, Stop trying to include the rest of in your little warped world. Some of us enjoy the agency and know we have an excellent reputation. Its nice to be the majority. If you like politics so much. You should of been a Republican

06-23-2006, 03:05 PM
Im glad Im not htat ate up with the Office like you are. Who cares about that crap. Thats not even what this post was about... Hey go somehwere else and stir up crap ...

06-23-2006, 04:02 PM
LOOK GUYS IF YOUR THAT BORED GO TO ANOTHER AGENCY WHERE IT'S A LITTLE MORE BUSY. 8)LOL :lol: I guess that would be SPD? :mrgreen: ;)

06-29-2006, 11:12 PM
Yes, thats correct.