PDA

View Full Version : Official's son faces reduced charge

News Flash
05-19-2006, 11:37 AM
Official's son faces reduced charge

Click here (http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060519/NEWS/605190563/-1/INDEX) for the full story.

05-19-2006, 12:10 PM
WOW, Congrats to the state once again letting a time bomb go free.
let me get this straight:
1. not his house
2. 3AM
3. 10 year old, lifting her sheets, was this the second time.

Clearly no harm?????

05-19-2006, 12:24 PM
According to the newspaper story, vonHahmann was drunk, broke into a 10-year-old’s bedroom around 3 a.m., yanked the bed sheets off her, and declared: “Shh, this is a dream, I’m not here.”

The SAO charged Comissioner vonHahmann's son with misdemeanor trespass. Clearly, it was a case of "Your Lying Eyes."

05-19-2006, 02:13 PM
According to the newspaper story, vonHahmann was drunk, broke into a 10-year-old’s bedroom around 3 a.m., yanked the bed sheets off her, and declared: “Shh, this is a dream, I’m not here.”

The SAO charged Comissioner vonHahmann's son with misdemeanor trespass. Clearly, it was a case of "Your Lying Eyes."Any adult who is sexually attracted to a 10 year old girl is clearly a danger and should be put through a meat grinder to be made into cat food. I hate these !@#$%^&* people who want a piece of a child's arse. :twisted:

05-20-2006, 03:57 AM
I WANT TO KNOW WHEN THE STATE IS GOING TO GROW A SPINE AND START PUTTING THESE CRIMINALS AWAY FOR THEIR CRIMES. THE ATTORNEY WHO WORKED THIS SHOULD BE PLACED ON JANITORIAL DUTY FOR A YEAR. IF THAT HAD BEEN A LEO WE WOULD BE IN PRISON RIGHT NOW. THE SAO HAS NO IDEA WHAT IT IS LIKE TO BE A LEO. UNTIL CRIMES HAPPEN TO THEM THAT IT BECOMES PERSONAL THEY WILL NEVER GRASP THE FEELING OF WHAT THE PEOPLE THEY DEAL WITH GO'S THROUGH. I TELL YOU IF THAT WAS MY 10 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER AND THAT GUY ENTERED HER BEDROOM FIRST ALL YOU WOULD BE READING ABOUT MY TRIAL IN THE NEWSPAPERS. SECOND OF ALL, IF THAT'S ALL HE GOT CHARGED WITH SOMEONE AT THE STATE WOULD HAVE SOME EXPLAINING TO DO.

CTFUUU
05-20-2006, 12:00 PM
Obviously, there is more to this story than what is being printed in the media. So typical of this "good ol' boy" system. The same thing would of happened if the suspect was a prominent resident of Lakewood Ranch. Everyone is afraid to step on someone's toes, lest they are attached to the arse that will need to be kissed later. I understand the politics of this problem, I just don't agree with them. Whatever happened to making people responsible for their actions?
The same goes for this COUNTY INSURANCE, what a joke it is. I have to jump through more hoops than a lion in a circus act. 9 appointments this year to satisfy their insurance qualifications, it was 11 appointments last year. When is something going to be done about this insurance problem? We work our arses off at work, then spend alot of our off duty time satisfying the county's insurance qualifications. Granted, I'm glad to have "some sort" of insurance, but this is absolutely ridiculous. When is someone from the county or the Sheriff's Office going to stand up and say "enough is enough"?

CTFUUU
05-20-2006, 12:01 PM
Oh, and by the way....that dental insurance program is a JOKE!

05-20-2006, 12:10 PM
I can do you one better....we got billed for all the blood work that we were required to do for the "best" plan. It is a joke! I am not a smoker, but if I was, I would be mad as hell about this new insurance...but your correct, at least we get insurance.

05-20-2006, 03:38 PM
Oh yea, all that blood work that has to be done, by one lab. It makes you wonder who has stock in that lab, huh? The whole thing is a farce, jumping through these hoops to maintain insurance that we should be "entitled" to because of our jobs. They can't even get qualified people hired to work in this county and they wonder why. Hell, mediocre companies offer a better benefits package without all the hoops and the scandelous BS about smokers. The department loses good people on a consistant basis, because those people can do better in private industry. We work short-handed almost everyday and it's become a safety issue because of these facts.TIME TO WAKE UP COUNTY COMMISSIONERS and put your money where your mouth is, we want better healthcare and a raise!

05-21-2006, 12:42 PM
Watch out for the coming trend: making patients responsible for their bad health choices.

Insurance companies are starting to make patients accountable for their health-damaging behaviors. Some docs are refusing to treat patients who go against medical advice & continue to overeat, smoke, use alcohol. And some employers won’t hire & retain these abusers of the health insurance system.

They're really serious about it in Canada, and it's coming this way.
http://www.macleans.ca/topstories/healt ... 702_125702 (http://www.macleans.ca/topstories/health/article.jsp?content=20060424_125702_125702)

cruiser
05-21-2006, 01:22 PM
The county has to realize that an educated person looks at the "whole package" when job hunting. Two employers may pay the same but the one with the best insurance package will be the choice of the applicant. And by the way.... The county is self insured. They tell you if you want the best insurance (ie no penalty) you have to have procedures done to you that you may not want. In addition you have to give up the legal activity of smoking. That is an illegal seizure in violation of the 4th and 14th amendment and bet me some lawyer could argue that right up the line.

CTFUUU
05-21-2006, 08:27 PM
Watch out for the coming trend: making patients responsible for their bad health choices.

Insurance companies are starting to make patients accountable for their health-damaging behaviors. Some docs are refusing to treat patients who go against medical advice & continue to overeat, smoke, use alcohol. And some employers won’t hire & retain these abusers of the health insurance system.

They're really serious about it in Canada, and it's coming this way.
http://www.macleans.ca/topstories/healt ... 702_125702 (http://www.macleans.ca/topstories/health/article.jsp?content=20060424_125702_125702)Ummmmmm just so you know "guest", Canada has socialized medicine, not private. Insurance companies in America are paid for by private citizens. The article speaks of doctors who don't have time to see these patients due to time restraints ie;obesity does cause more health problems, then say someone who is at an optimal weight and BMI. These doctors therefore tell those patients that they won't see them as patients, not that they won't get medical care, just that, that doctor won't see them. The article also speaks of private insurance being brought into Canada to alleviate some of the cost that is being spent on obese patients, smokers, drinkers etc. In other words, those Canadians who are obese, do drink or smoke would have to pay for private insurance to get "optimal" care. Now my point is this "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!" You pay for mediocre insurance, you'll get mediocre insurance benefits.
Now as far as not being hired at a company because of obesity, being a smoker or a drinker, has long been running in America. Alot of companies won't hire you if you're obese, not because you're not the best person for the position, but because of the stigma of it ie; what would a client think?, can that person "really" perform at this level? etc.

05-22-2006, 03:44 AM
The county has to realize that an educated person looks at the "whole package" when job hunting. Two employers may pay the same but the one with the best insurance package will be the choice of the applicant. And by the way.... The county is self insured. They tell you if you want the best insurance (ie no penalty) you have to have procedures done to you that you may not want. In addition you have to give up the legal activity of smoking. That is an illegal seizure in violation of the 4th and 14th amendment and bet me some lawyer could argue that right up the line.

If you look at the insurance issue from outside the box, it makes perfect sense. Yes, smoking is legal, however, smoking causes MAJOR health problems. The county is paying for you ill choices. I, on the other hand, do not smoke. So therefore, I, statiscally speaking, will cost the county less money in the long run. The reason for the all the tests makes perfect sense too. If you catch a disease early, it costs less then if you catch 15 blocked arteries. Ultimately it is your choice how you want to live. The county is not telling you that you can't live your life. However, if you want the best insurance that the county offers, they will require you to take care of yourself.

The other option, if you don't want to take all of these tests, is to rally the rest of the troops and protest. Then the county will change it's insurance plans/requirements and then they will raise the rates of insurance.
Translation = more out of pocket expense for insurance which means no more free insurance for employees.

I'll gladly get blood drawn to ensure my health and to keep my insurance free.

CTFUUU
05-22-2006, 08:56 AM

If you look at the insurance issue from outside the box, it makes perfect sense. Yes, smoking is legal, however, smoking causes MAJOR health problems. The county is paying for you ill choices. I, on the other hand, do not smoke. So therefore, I, statiscally speaking, will cost the county less money in the long run. The reason for the all the tests makes perfect sense too. If you catch a disease early, it costs less then if you catch 15 blocked arteries. Ultimately it is your choice how you want to live. The county is not telling you that you can't live your life. However, if you want the best insurance that the county offers, they will require you to take care of yourself.

The other option, if you don't want to take all of these tests, is to rally the rest of the troops and protest. Then the county will change it's insurance plans/requirements and then they will raise the rates of insurance.
Translation = more out of pocket expense for insurance which means no more free insurance for employees.

I'll gladly get blood drawn to ensure my health and to keep my insurance free.Well hell, next year I hope they start denying the "drinkers", all those major health problems that alcohol causes should be part of the "jump through the hoops" process as well. I'll feel much better knowing my partners aren't drinking and possibly getting cirrhosis of the liver. Geesh, think of the money that would be saved there! lmaooooooooo, ahh but so true

06-17-2006, 02:40 AM
The insurance offered in Manatee is MUCH better than other local government's. Talk to your neighbors. You guys have it good.

Are the hoops for the "best" plan a pain? Yep. Would you be paying more or getting less service if you worked for a neighboring county? Yep.

06-19-2006, 01:39 AM
Have it good?....by who's standard?

06-24-2006, 04:56 AM
WOW, Congrats to the state once again letting a time bomb go free.
let me get this straight:
1. not his house
2. 3AM
3. 10 year old, lifting her sheets, was this the second time.

Clearly no harm?????

YEAH I WOULD TASE DAT BOY IN THE NIPPLE AND NUTS IF HE CAME IN MY HOUSE WIT DAT SHEET. AND THEN THE REAL FUN WOULD START. :evil: