PDA

View Full Version : I noticed UCF PD has an ERT

05-19-2006, 03:49 AM
UCF has an ERT? How many serve on the ERT? How many call-outs do you get in a year? Does the ERT have a medic? Do you guys get take home cars?

05-22-2006, 07:28 PM
We have about a dozen positions on the ERT. We need an EMT/LEO certified on the unit. ERT gets take home car regardless of time on the dept. They have been used twice in the last year on "call-outs" or actual take downs on drug deals. But the future use of the ERT team may be more use as we have grown/are growing.

07-24-2006, 09:33 AM
How often do you guys train? Rumor has it you have a medic already... Room for two or is it not that "needed" of a position? Will your agency put a Fire/Medic through the LEO academy?

03-05-2007, 07:11 PM
How often do you guys train? Rumor has it you have a medic already... Room for two or is it not that "needed" of a position? Will your agency put a Fire/Medic through the LEO academy?

From what I understand ERT training is conducted on a regular basis (a few times a month). There is a Medic on the team. Though I am not sure, I believe only one spot was made available for a Medic. Our Medic keeps pretty active and seems to be a real asset to the team. As of right now you can apply for an officer position with the department and as long as you pass all of the requirements you can sign a three year contract with the department and you will be put through an academy.

For better information on "medic" related questions you can always call UCF PD and ask for the ERT Medic or the ERT Commander.

03-06-2007, 08:28 AM
I have had the opportunity to interact with UCF PD ERT members and though they are "new blood" they are some of the most committed and devoted officers I have ever had the honor to work with. As for the Medic, I have not worked with him while he has been on their team but a few years ago at the SWAT Round Up one of our guys became very ill and needed to go to the hospital and their Medic stayed with him for hours, even checked in with us at the hospital later that night when he was off duty. I would trust my life with all of them LEO or medic, I see the makings of a very good unit. Stay safe guys and know that the Thin Blue Line is behind you 100%.

-Fellow Operator from South CFL

03-18-2007, 08:54 PM
I do know that the medic position there is new within the last year, I think june or july of 06 is when he came on board.. But glad to see things moving forward...

10-07-2007, 07:12 AM
Often time’s people complain way to much on these message boards... I want to change that today. For what it is worth, I want to say something nice.

I am a Criminal Justice Major at UCF and I thought that having a medic in the department was a little weird, why are they trying to come here? Is the medic a cop "wanna be" that just couldn't cut it in the academy?

Then I saw the UCF Police Medic at the first UCF game and I thought it was the biggest joke ever... 1. Why do they have their medic here when the Fire Department is here? 2. He looks like some out of shape "never was" that thinks he is something special. 3. Where is his gun? Did he take the "short bus" to the game and leave his equipment at home?

Let me clear that up right now... I felt awful after seeing him in action and meeting him first hand. I summed up all of my questions with this one... Who am I to question a professional who obviously has more experience than I when I am not even smart enough to take care of myself or the people that I am with?

To make a long story short... My girlfriend passed out from the heat and I was very close myself. The Fire Department was no where to be found, I had seen their medic running around and asked one of the officers for help... Out of no where here comes this police medic hiking up the stairs into the second section where we were sitting. He was flush, who wasn't with the heat and hiking the stairs. He took a knee and asked us what was wrong. I told him that Tracy passed out and that I think it was from the heat. He checked her out and out from his bag he pulled two cold packs and a bottle of cold water, poured it on a rag and placed it on her head and gave her the rest to drink. The Fire Department never showed up after they called for them three or four times. So the medic and an officer helped Tracy downstairs and watched me to make sure I made it ok. I was too ashamed to apologize to the medic for the awful things I had thought earlier. So, if anyone knows this medic or if he reads this message board... Please understand how much I now have a better appreciation for the work you do. I have since researched more about why your position exists and I now understand that what you did that day is above and beyond the normal life saving tasks you perform such as taking care of the wounded officers, I some day, hope to be like. Please know that I am behind you, and I will try to never think of anyone in law enforcement like that again. You may not carry the gun, but your role is just as important as anyone that carries that gun. Thank You!

-A proud and grateful UCF Student

10-13-2007, 03:54 AM
Nice post son. I'm sure he will be glad to hear this.

10-23-2007, 03:02 AM
I don't know why anyone could not like the UCF PD... I love UCF Police. Every time I have needed them they are there. They are always nice, for the most part, I think every business you go to there is always one or two that are rude and upset. Keep up the good work UCF PD!

Sally Honester

03-10-2008, 09:09 AM
The one handed fat kid medic that UCF has, ya he thinks hes something special...

03-12-2008, 03:33 AM
The one handed fat kid medic that UCF has, ya he thinks hes something special...

He is something special! Bring your ignorant ass over here and open your mouth, I would be more than happy to show you how special he is. Our medic has more heart than you will ever have. He can do more with his good hand than you could ever do with both of yours.

03-19-2008, 08:18 PM
I don't know why all of you classless people are picking on our "Doc" but I would pound your ass if you where in person. Besides I trust him more than half of the officers that work here.

08-21-2008, 04:45 AM
I think a good end to this thread would be the fact that our medic completed the police academy. I am honored to say that I will be his back-up anytime! Way to go medic, we are all proud of you!