PDA

View Full Version : Resignations

Gladiator
05-18-2006, 04:20 AM
Sure are a lot of young officers resigning. Four this week alone. Looks like the nerves are getting a little frazzled in the staff. I wonder why their leaving? Pay, hours, take home cars, benefits???

NO!!!!! Its because their treated like sh!t!!!!!

05-18-2006, 01:55 PM
hallway talk is 6-9 more going soon.

05-18-2006, 03:26 PM
Those of you that are staying, do yourselves a favor and when you find out who those people are who are leaving, ask them to be completely honest in their exit interview (if they get one) and ask them to write a resignation memo and be truthful. They have nothing to loose if it is done respectfully and it isn't slanderous. Simply state the facts.

This will help those of you who decide to stick it out.

Good Luck.

CHUCKY CHEEEZE
05-18-2006, 03:33 PM
They won't get an exit interview, I know first hand.

Curtsinger used to do them personally, and would do it one on one if you asked him to. These snakes arent interested. They just plan on pouring more temps through the academy

05-18-2006, 10:02 PM
I left this year and did not have an exit interview. Pay was fine, could be a little higher, but it was mainly their LIE of a take home car program. I live in the county and had to watch people under me that lived in the city jump ahead of me and get a car while i had already put my time in.

Second it would be nice if they stopped kissing the black communities ass and let us do our jobs. All i can tell you is the grass IS greener on the other side. Glad I got out when I did. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lawman
05-18-2006, 11:03 PM
I will be leaving in about a month's time, give or take.

05-18-2006, 11:38 PM
Sure are a lot of young officers resigning. Four this week alone. Looks like the nerves are getting a little frazzled in the staff. I wonder why their leaving? Pay, hours, take home cars, benefits???

NO!!!!! Its because their treated like sh!t!!!!!My degree is in business management and all the management theories say that the way employees are treated is more important than the pay and benefits. That's not to minimize pay and benefits, but if people are treated like sh*t, then they will quit. Conversely, if people are treated well, then you'd be surprised at the bad working conditions that they will put up with. If your employees are being treated poorly, then it is a sign of a lack of leadership. That's management 101.

05-18-2006, 11:54 PM
The problem with this department is how they hand out discipline and when. For example, we just had a Lieutenant who got suspended 5 days for working an assignment when he was told not to. If he had gotten a memo of counseling or an employee notice, would he had done that same thing again???

I think NOT.

Instead, we punish an employee who has been loyal to the department and has NEVER been a discipline problem.

The same thing happened today when all of the people involved in that taser incident were suspended for one day. We can all play shoulda, woulda, coulda games, and I think that the department was lucky that worse things did not happen. But the people involved were not discipline cases, yet they were treated as though they were.

The moral of this story is this... If you are a discipline case, e.g., Foster, than nothing happens to you. You can rack up 6,000.00 worth of gratuities from the apartment building that you are "working" for and nothing is done, you can take your City issued cellular phone and get over $800.00 worth of phone bills and you are not even sustained and you DONT have to pay anything back to the City.

Chief Harmon and Staff, you are losing people everyday, yet you wonder why. Maybe all of the officers are not on YOUR level...maybe all of the officers are not up to YOUR standard, but all of the officers are smarter than what you give them credit for..

AND THAT IS WHY THEY ARE LEAVING. WILL THE LAST PERSON OUT PLEASE TURN OUT THE LIGHT!!

05-19-2006, 10:55 AM
Don't you guys have a union???? Why don't you get fair disciplinary procedures built into your contract??? :?

Picasso
05-20-2006, 12:37 AM
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f375/picassooo1/aol.jpg