PDA

View Full Version : University police not allowed to carry guns

News Flash
05-15-2006, 12:42 AM
Geneseo is the only SUNY campus that doesn?t allow its officers to carry guns. Instead college President Christopher Dahl created a policy that provides fire arms through lock boxes in patrol vehicles.

Kirsten Prouty, a student at the university, said she doesn?t think it?s necessary to have a fully armed campus police force because ?I don?t like guns.?

Edward Kenney, a 22 year SUNY Geneseo University Police veteran, said "my concern is when driving around and I have suspicious situation that doesn?t rise to the level of becoming violent until I?m already in the mix and it?s to late for me to defend myself or others."Click here (http://www.rnews.com/Story_2004.cfm?ID=37839&rnews_story_type=18&category=10) for the full story.

06-19-2006, 01:20 AM
THE DAY THEY TOLD ME THAT WOULD BE THE SAME DAY I WOULD BE ENROUTE TO ANOTHER DEPT FOR AN APPLICATION. CAN YOU IMIAGINE THE LAW SUIET? EITHER FROM A STUDENT WHO GET'S HURT CAUSE THE OFFICER CAN'T ELIMINATE THE THREAT. OR WORSE CASE THE OFFICER WHO GET'S KILLED BY A BG CAUSE HE COULD CARE HIS FIREARM ON HIM. CAN YOU SAY CIVAL LIABILITE????? UNREAL

06-19-2006, 02:11 AM
Where did you learn how to spell?????

06-19-2006, 06:29 PM
USF! HaHaHaHaHaHa

06-29-2006, 01:12 AM
With the homeless drifting around, unarming USF would be a recipe for disaster.

11-12-2006, 11:25 AM
With the homeless drifting around, unarming USF would be a recipe for disaster.

They might hit you in the head with an overdue libary book....

11-23-2006, 01:22 AM
I went to college at SUNY StoneyBrook ( late 1980,s), that campus was about as big as USF. I remember seeing the campus police unarmed but carrying mace (whoopee!) There was a big stink about them being armed. Of course the students didn't want them armed (most of them). Then there was a rap party.... you guessed it,,,,shot s fired.. a student stabbed.. The campus police responded but had to pull back once there was a firearm being used. They had to wait for Suffolk County Police,, and that was a long response time there.. Of course a student was stabbed in the mean time. Guess what.. they have pistols now.....duh !!!!!!!!!!!

12-18-2006, 01:24 AM
FIREARMS ON A CAMPUS ARE THE ONLY WAY.WITH TODAYS WORLD YOU NEED A GUN ANYWHERE YOU CAN LEGALLY HAVE ONE.I'M A SURVIOR OF 9-11 AND SPENT 6 MONTHS ON THE PILE DIGGING UP MY FELLOW BROTHERS WHO DIED.DO THE RESEARCH AT ONE POINT THE TERRORISTS WERE ALL IN THE UNITED STATES ATTENDING SCHOOLS. I'M NYCHPD RETIRED.ACTIVE STATE LEO IN FLORIDA.