PDA

View Full Version : cib

05-14-2006, 02:12 PM
what is with the recent turn over in cib. i hear that many are leaving something bad i need to know about or are they leaving because they are bored. this divison has had lots of turn over with lots of new faces. i would love to know the scoop good or bad? :D

05-17-2006, 05:41 PM
when the county was split up into districts cib went to general assignment which took away the possibility of ever becoming a "persons" detective. also gone are the speciality spots such as auto theft and white collar. The juvenile unit remained intact but rather then split them up along the district lines like everyone else, they work the entire county and work, for now, out of the D1 building. there realy isnt any incentive to become a detective any more. Lets face it, you go on call every four days, get a huge ,sometime unmanageble case load, and you can no longer get into a specialized unit the way it used to be, ie persons ect. And you do this all for $46 and change per pay period. you can be an FTO and make 3 grand which is 1800 more then a detective. In short unless that is the type of work you want to do it just isnt worth it