PDA

View Full Version : new heads of office needed

05-10-2006, 10:07 PM
How about the chief not wanting to hire anyone else until the color side is filled. We at the department are about to face mandantory overtime. Who wants that? Are previous recruiter gets an award for not hiring anyone and putting us in the crunch that we are in. New leadership is needed and it needs to change soon.

05-11-2006, 11:11 PM
If you are refering to no one being hired unless of ethnicity of some sort.... could it possibly be that by law you have to have a certain diversity? It is hard to get people to work for our agency anyways, the officers morale being low and talking bad and the pay--well the pay. It doesn't help with hiring when our employees bad mouth everything constantly. The award.....well that is a whole nother can of worms that is just to deep to dig into... wow

05-12-2006, 09:23 PM
What law? Can you tell me where I can find a law that says a Police Department has to have a certain number of black employees. Now I say black, as that's what we are talking about. I'm not saying there isn't one, just curious to read it.

05-14-2006, 01:28 AM
I don't know the law nor do I know everything. I don't think it is certain number of black employees as it is to have an amount of ethnicity and diversity in the department. Like in a school, there has to be certain balances.

Just so you know, there were more then two people hired by her. It was under further notes that the individuals were fired, let go, or found better places before the rest of us met them.

05-16-2006, 05:53 AM
maybe we should try busing?

08-10-2006, 03:14 AM
How about the chief not wanting to hire anyone else until the color side is filled. We at the department are about to face mandantory overtime. Who wants that? Are previous recruiter gets an award for not hiring anyone and putting us in the crunch that we are in. New leadership is needed and it needs to change soon.

well, how's that for an answered request?!?!

08-14-2006, 08:34 AM
This doesn't seem like a change. The Chief is still getting paid to do nothing and Baldwin is in charge. What exactly has changed?