PDA

View Full Version : TRANSPORT

05-08-2006, 06:10 PM
CAN PROBATION EMPLOYEES TRANSPORT AN OFFENDER TO THE JAIL BY FOOT IE WALKING THEM TO THE JAIL? I HAVE SEEN THIS PRACTICE LATELY.

05-09-2006, 12:47 AM
in c12 the downtown office does it from time to time.

06-13-2009, 01:36 PM
CAN PROBATION EMPLOYEES TRANSPORT AN OFFENDER TO THE JAIL BY FOOT IE WALKING THEM TO THE JAIL? I HAVE SEEN THIS PRACTICE LATELY.

I havent seen that myself.

06-14-2009, 03:08 AM
C12 circuit offfice was using this practice very often in the past. I do not know about recently, but it is a recipe for disaster. DOC does some really stupid things.

06-16-2009, 09:50 PM
DOC+PBA=FIELD OFFICERS GET THE SHAFT

06-19-2009, 12:29 AM
I agree with the poster who says its a disaster waiting to happen and nowhere have I seen that you could defend your actions with policy. If they are in police custody then maybe a different story but the last thing you want is to be by yourself with a handcuffed probationer walking around in public. What if they have a medical emergency? What if you get ambushed? What if they get ambushed?
What if they start to resist when the idea of jail really sinks in? What if family members get involved? These and many other scenarios will cost you your job and maybe your life.

06-19-2009, 01:19 AM
This is just what the PBA is for. This is a serious safety issue and should be reported to Central Office. You guys are stupid. Don't do this. This is not call transport, it is called death trap.