PDA

View Full Version : Poor decision makings

05-07-2006, 02:39 AM
I have a question for you chief, why are you thinking about bringing back an officer that we all have had problems with and has caused issues with our department? Go figure, should I've thought that you would make any other decision but that!

Chief, I'm going to help you out on this decision, DO NOT BRING HIM BACK.

We all will be watching and see if you bring him back and we will understand that this was done because you can't disappoint the city manager or you might piss him off!

Your decision making continues to suck!

08-02-2006, 01:51 AM
AR 15 Patrol Rifles (10) $10,000
P90 Auto Patrol Rifle (2) 3,200
Laptop Computers (3) 9,000
Mobile Radios - Cars (3) 8,700
Portable Radios (5) 11,000
Siren/Light Package (3) 9,000
Robotronics C/P Robot 8,200
Talk-Thru Window Mike 1,500
Satellite Telephones 5,200
Dry Erase Board/Cabinet 2,000
Digital In-Car Video System (2) 8,000

08-05-2006, 02:19 AM
This is the first time I've wondered down surfing Leo Affairs.

I have been a major administrator for many years with a large law enforcement agency (approx. 1300 sworn employees). I have a couple of questions I'd like answered.

1, Why all the fire power? I Googled Zephyrhills and the size of the population of the City does not support the type and amount of weaponary requested in the budget.

2, Why is there no confidence in the Chief? Does he lack the leadership qualities to fulfill his position?

3, What style of managment concepts is he utilizing?

4, Is he respected by anyone in the department?

5, Does the chief have the necessary leadership qualities to run the department?

08-05-2006, 06:28 AM
Answers:

1) We dont need these rifles or machine guns

2) He has told unprofessional jokes and the newspaper reported about him playing games on his computer instead of working. He has tried to railroad good officers. We have documentation on lies he told to cover his mistakes. He has little or no leadership qualities.

3) Style? He is a micromanager who makes empty promises to get loyalty.

4) NONE OF US!

We voted 100% for the union, not because the pay or equipment but because of him so be proud chief you have united us for the same cause!!!!!

08-06-2006, 01:39 PM
Thanks for answering!!

I get the express feeling that you are dealing with an individual that does not have the ability to lead, let alone follow.

What is the robot that is in your budget? Is this a piece of equipment that would benefit the department as a whole? What is the function of this robot? Is it used for hostage or explosives
incidents? Will it be used to the extent that it would be an asset to your department? How many incidents of a nature where a robot such as this would be used to the benefit of your city and it's residence. An $8,000.00 capital outlay is a great deal of expence to spend for a toy!

From your statement, it is evident the the tenure of your police cheif is limited. What is the rank structure of your department?
How is the position of cheif filled? What are the qualifications that must be met prior to being palced in the position of chief?
I am not interested in applying for the position. I am very content in the area where I reside.

I am however interested in promoting police professionalism and from what yourelay it is clear that the chief does not have the blessings of the informal administration, who is a keystone in the success of survival of any administrator. Is there a possibility that the Chief would re-evaluate his demeanor? What is the Chief's professional and administrative background? I have his name and could Google but I'd rather hear it from his staff. NO exagurations or conjecture, just facts.
Remember your responsibility is to the public! Retain a professional attitude and standing in your community, regardless of internal turmoil.

08-09-2006, 04:56 AM
4 year degree
SPI
chief of a 5 person department (equivalent to a sergeant here)

There should be a legitimate need shown for the rifles, robot, satellite telephones and video cameras to get funding for capital expenditures. Recommend repair and renovation, not replacement; why not fix the video cameras we have now instead of purchasing new ones?

As far as demeanor he will not change. The city manager never addressed the issues we brought to him. All we got for our troubles was more excuses and he got a union.

The most effective way to build departmental commitment and loyalty is to demonstrate how the department values employees by providing them with the support and tools, not toys, necessary to effectively do their jobs.

The chief has to realize that it is his responsibility to educate and inform citizens, business leaders and ELECTED OFFICIALS of the necessary compensation requirements needed to remain competitive in the marketplace. It is vital that the cost to recruit, hire, train and retain police officers is directly related to the benefit of public confidence and safety.

Inexperienced officers = higher citizen complaints, more automobile accidents, and the overtime drains the budget of needed resources.

The longer we suffer the more the agency degrades.

08-11-2006, 10:15 PM
1. What kind of idiot would drive by the scene of an undercover operation and risk exposing those officers to possible harm?
Answer: Chief Russell Barnes

2. What kind of idiot would order police cars to be delivered on the last week of the budget?

3. What kind of idiot would waste taxpayer dollars on unneccesary equipment?

A great police department serving a great city deserves a great leader, not this dime-store reject!

21st Century Law Enforcement - Zephyrhills Police Department!
18th Century Leadership - Chief Russell Barnes!!!!!

08-12-2006, 01:07 AM
Hey fellow :twisted: :twisted: SLP member, see ya in about nine days. You sound like you have a heck of a chief. Invite him to the graduation ceremony so we can have some comic relief. Hugs and kisses....

08-12-2006, 01:14 AM
This is an ecrypted message to my fellow namesake. Terry says make sure your homework is done , **** forgot what he was saying in mid sentence. Um, Um, Um, and Brother Bob has a package for the Chief. Hope the liversausage is still working so we can drown it......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

08-14-2006, 11:30 PM
And to top it off......this idiot Chief even imports spring water from out of State

08-16-2006, 02:09 PM
Wow!! I’m amazed at the response I received from seemingly multiple comrades that are members of your Department! It is apparent that your Chief is adverse to most of the basic principles of management. You never alienate your troops or cause the dissension with the ranks. Again I refer to the informal administration. It is necessary to have a chain of command and a disciplinary policy that must be enforced. I can’t help but conclude from the messages posted that the leadership within your agency has a problem that must be addressed from a someone outside the Department’s inner ranks that possess the ability and authority to correct the crisis you are experiencing.
You are correct in the statement that you should attempt to retain experienced and qualified personnel. There is no substitute for experience.
In the real world there are two criteria’s for a manager to ponder, EFFICIENCY or EFFECTIVENESS. If you decide pursue the course of efficiency a manager will be frugal and keep his budget to a minimum. If effectiveness is the short-range goal you must have the necessary tools and manpower to accomplish your goal. You can’t have the best of both worlds. Management must make a choice.
There seems to be a division of thought regarding the purchase of weapons that is necessary to maintain order in the event of an emergency. It does not appear that a purchase of the amount of weapons on the “wish list “ of the Chief in comparison with the population of your City and the staff of officers in your Department. I hope that I’m not violating any of your rules and regulations but if possible what is the inventory of specialized arms that you currently have in your armory?
I would question, why would an officer care what brand of water a person consumes? However you do work for Zephyrhills! I know for a fact that there is a state of the art water-manufacturing establishment within your community.
The comment made by a recruit that I presume will be graduating a police academy soon, made a comment regarding the leadership of an agency that he is about or has already applied. I would question his loyalty and respect that the applicant has for a department that he may be applying.
I don’t understand the encrypted messages but that is directed toward a particular individual. Please excuse me!
PLEASE RESPOND!!!! VER INTERESTING.

08-17-2006, 02:32 AM
There continues to be erroneous information posted unprofessionally on a publicly-accessible website. Professionals can rant and rave amongst themselves and with others in their profession who understand the ins and out of the profession better than anyone from the outside. True professionals restrict this to co-workers and others who are in the same career like doctors and lawyers. Police officers have fought for years to be rightly recognized as professionals and often complain (quite correctly), that civilians just don’t understand the whys and wherefores of what we do. If this website was restricted to us and our fellow professionals, we could relax a little more because we understand where each other is coming from. But since it is accessible to the general public (whom we already claim doesn’t understand us), we out to be more circumspect about what we say/write and how we say/write it. In short, if we want to be considered as professionals, we need to act and write professionally. Our site is actually one of the milder sites, but regardless of what anyone thinks of me or anyone else personally or professionally, please keep in mind at all times how what you do, say and write reflects upon our profession in general and ZPD in particular to the average citizen observer.

-- Chief Russell Barnes

Taken from the “Quality Assurance Committee Meeting - 8/11/2006”.

08-17-2006, 02:55 AM
NICE TRY AT WHITE WASH CHIEF but that dog won't hunt. If you want to be considered as a professional, start acting like one. You should put your officers first and 86 the ego trip you're on. You have done everything to promote yourself and your personal agenda. It's about time you realize that you are not only responsible for your actions but also that of the department. Over the last two years you've circumvented your own orders and sop.You've created liabilities that could possibly cost the department and the city by allowing marginal police officers to continue to function without regard for the violations they committed. DON'T PREACH TO US ABOUT UNPROFESSIONAL, YOU WEAR THE CROWN.

08-18-2006, 03:50 AM
"A statue has never been set up in honor of a critic."

"The business of finding fault is very easy, and that of doing better is difficult."

"Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be, BE ONE!"

I am embarrassed by the lack of professionalism on this site, as well as the lack of respect. Not only for the Chief but for yourselves and our profession. It is extremely easy to sit behind the keyboard anonyms and throw insults and spread your negativity like a cancer. I challenge any of you to have the balls leave your REAL name and information, weather you be an Officer at the dept., someone’s pissed off spouse, an
outsider who really has no idea what is going on except what all these cowards tell you. Lets remember when you make the Chief look like shit you make the department look like shit and in turn YOU look like shit along with all your brother that are busting their ass !!!

08-18-2006, 06:57 AM
Chief Barnes,

I am not a ZPD employee and have to connection to your agency. I have to tell you that posting here under your real name was commendable, but foolish.

You cannot win against anonymous posters and arguing only feeds the fire. As Chief I would suggest you leave the posters to their own devices, as your postings are just fodder for the malcontents and you are beginning to look foolish for responding.

I make no judgements as to intent or accountability, but the posts are beginning to be painful, and serve you no positive purpose. An inter office memo or dept. wide email would serve you better.

just an observer

08-18-2006, 01:44 PM
"A statue has never been set up in honor of a critic."

"The business of finding fault is very easy, and that of doing better is difficult."

"Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be, BE ONE!"

At the PD late last night Chief? Why didn't you post your name on this particular entry?

You have lost all respect from your employees. I believe it's time for the "changing of guards". If it's true about your love for the city and its employees, be a real man and resign. Save what's left of your reputation.

P.S. Please refrain from the quotes, it's a dead give a way, chief.

08-22-2006, 03:34 AM
Don’t you think there are other avenues that can be explored? A police officer takes an oath to serve and protect. If the effort that is being put forth in ridicule and objectionable comments were used in a constructive manner, I would wager that the City would be a much safer place to reside. You are all professionals and hold the trust and confidence of the residents of your community in your hands. It’s up to you, do you want to take pride in wearing the shield or hide behind it? Courage is a quality that must be honored and revered. Honor is a quality that must be defended at all costs. Respect is a quality that must be earned.
I am not the Chief of your Department. I do know however that unless you’ve been in a position of responsibility you have no right to be critical of any superior officers in your department, The world has a great deal of “armchair executives” just waiting for their employers to make a mistake. I’ll leave you with this statement that I’ve always attempted to live by. I’ve not always made the right decisions in my life but this has been my guide.

“It is not the critic that counts, not the one who points out how the strong person stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better.

The credit belongs to those who are actually in the arena; whose faces are marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strive valiantly; who err and come short again and again; who know the great enthusiasm, the great devotion and spend themselves in a worthy cause, who at best know in the end the triumph of high achievement; who at the worst, if failing, at least fail while daring greatly; so that their place shall never be with those cold timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”

Theodore Roosevelt

08-22-2006, 04:42 AM
As a citizen I am concerned with the services I receive from my police department. We have always had the best department but the last couple years the quality of service has gone down drastically. When I see our officers unionize 100%, drug dealers and prostitutes openly peddling their wares, or when my car was robbed and nobody powdered it for fingerprints then I have to ask, "Why?".

I have met your officers and they are very courteous, knowledgable and professional people. So I question, what could be the reason for the change in the department? Obviously it falls on the police chief to lead the department where it needs to go and between you and the last one it seems as if our department has stumbled.

I read the postings here and question your arrogance toward the citizens. I don't need to understand police work to know if your employees are not happy it effects the type of service I receive.

After reading the postings from the 16th and 17th which contained the same information but with an overtly aggressive tone, I question how fair you would be with the employees that posted if you knew their identities or that of their spouses. When employees get to a point that they have to go on a public forum and post anonymously to get attention then I question your skills as the police chief.

If the last posting is correct, I challenge the City Manager or Council members to pull your computer usage log to see if you did in fact post on 8/17/06. If you did then I say "shame on you".

08-22-2006, 04:42 PM
If you are such a concerned citizen, go to the City Counsel Meetings and voice your opinion! Our Officers are among the best in the State of Florida. The internal strife comes from factions that include freshman officers and disgruntled men that know what to do but work harder at avoiding their responsibilities than working. The Chief may be at fault to a degree but you must realize that it takes a team effort to comprise an effective department. We don’t powder vehicles, like we do babies. We do dust for fingerprints. Your vehicle wasn’t “robbed, it was burglarized. What, if anything was taken? How long did it take you to report the incident? Was you vehicle forcibly entered, or did you leave it unlocked? Do you really want nasty black print powder all around your vehicle? Where is it normally parked? If it is parked on a public street there is a good chance that numerous unrelated prints could be on your vehicle. How many people have been in your car in the last month or last time it was cleaned. Can we contact all to the subjects to eliminate their prints? Is one of your friends could be the offender? Statistically, it is usually someone you are acquainted with that commits the crime.
The PBA (UNION) is for the protection of our Officers’ rights and to insure fair labor practices, not only from the Chief but any political subdivision that may want to initiate any unfair labor practices.
I would put the majority of our Officers against any officers of any other department in this State.

YOU’VE GOT THE B---S TO COMPLAIN HAVE THE NERVE TO STAND BEFORE THE COUNSEL AND PUBLICALLY VOICE YOUR CONCERNS.

ONE GOOD COP AMONG MANY AT ZPD

08-22-2006, 09:53 PM
I agree with the posting above. I would put most of my co-workers against any in the state. Some wouldn't stand a chance, but every agency has the 5-10%. Luckily ours is only 1-3%. As for the chief...Well listen up. We are tired as hell at busting our butts day in and day out to make this city better for the CITIZENS and our OFFICERS. NOT YOU. We are not doing things so you can call the media and everyone else and say "look at me look at what I did". If you want to be a politician then fine stay in your office and be a politician and stay the hell out our way. I stand beside the guys and gals I work with and support them through the end. As a politician at least stand up for your guys when they need it. Like maybe when we needed help with getting better raises. What plan did you make out the best on your raise? Oh thats right Alternative C which you pushed so hard for. It's obsvious there is no accountability in this department and everyone can do what ever they want without fear of reprisal. That IS NOT how a department is supposed to run. Start being a chief!! If you need some help figuring out what that is the pick up Webster's Dictionary.

08-24-2006, 02:18 AM
"The internal strife comes from factions that include freshman officers and disgruntled men that know what to do but work harder at avoiding their responsibilities than working. The Chief may be at fault to a degree but you must realize that it takes a team effort to comprise an effective department."

Dream on rosebud...

08-24-2006, 06:05 PM
Negativity is a cancer, and unfortunately most of the Officers at ZPD have it. And like cancer it spreads quickly and aggressively and is hard to conquer. This is not to say that “we” are bad Officers but that it is time to stop putting all the blame on the Chief. Take some responsibility for your own actions and happiness. There were problems with negativity before Barnes and there will be problems when he’s gone ! ZPD has always had problems with recruitment and retention and unfortunately will until we are on an even playing field with surrounding agencies (HCSO,PCSO,LAKELAND PD, TAMPA PD) which is up to the City Manager and City Counsel as well as the Chief. As far as the whores and crack heads in the city, Zephyrhills is not a one horse town anymore is changing with the rest of the world and unfortunately bring with it more criminal activity. Although things aren’t perfect they aren’t that bad. Do you think you would ever have time to go to breakfast with your squad, change light bulbs for old ladies, or for that matter read this poisonous trash on the internet if you were with another agency ,,, No ! So lets try for once to look at the big picture and stay positive. Remember that everyone you interact with has someone somewhere that loves and cares for them as you do for your Moms, Dads, Brothers, Sisters, Friends, and Children. They are important to someone on earth,, and above !

08-24-2006, 10:45 PM
Spare me the drama! He is the leader of this agency, not by our choice, and ultimitly responsible for this cancer. He don't care about nobody in this department but himself and that has been proven. He's in the "SAVE MY OWN A$$ MODE" and that is all that matters.

I've been told by citizens in the community that "The chief put together a great prostitution detail." My question is, who did you tell that to Chief? You suck!!!! You didn't do $hit with that detail and almost screwed it up with your mouth!

And yes, I have people that love and care about me because I'm truthful and not selfish like you!!!

08-25-2006, 01:33 AM
"Look Chief my computer has "quotation marks" too!!!" Lets look at some other good quotes from dumb people;

"If the gloves don't fit you must aquit"- Johnny Cochoran

"Can't we all just get along"- Rodney King

"I want a liter of cola" Farva- "Supertroopers"

"This is my first time posting on here" Russ Barnes

While I'm at it I'll quote a good book I found-"The Communication Coach"

"Ten Things Bad Managers Do" (See if any of these fit)
1) Embarass employees in Public- Yep
2) Don't follow up on employee ideas- Oh Yeah lots
3) Withhold Praise- Except to himself in the mirror
4) Ignore Proffesional growth needs-Like cutting three patrol spots
5)Demand unrealistic rules of order- "Chain of command come to mind?"
6)Be vague and indirect- Too easy....("let me get back to ya on that")
7) Show you don't care....again too easy
8) Be all knowing all the time...."It's good to be king"
9) Ignore individual differences...Uhhh Yep reward those most like yourself and punish those who aren't
10) Never say your sorry or wrong....Well does this one even need a comment I mean really?

Now its one thing if his employees say things about him, but this was taken from a book on proper management....and it fits him so well.

08-26-2006, 04:56 PM
We have a great agency and some of the best officers in our field have entered through our doors.

As far as the chief is concerned, he will continue walking down the path he is on with his fingers in his ears and nose in the air for he will not see the cliff as he is walking off it. Nobody needs to push this guy as he is doing a great job... heading for that cliff.

Words of Wisdom: If we must walk behind this chief then do not follow too close so as you cannot see around him for you too may step off that same cliff.

And Justice For All...

08-27-2006, 02:04 AM
I apologize for not entering in this interesting dialog regarding your Police Department earlier. Allow me to re-introduce myself, since I’ve been busy with my Department’s annual inventory. I’m the party that is employed by the 1,300-officer department. I feel responsible for taking part in this fiasco but it was in the most constructive mode. Believe me your problems are no different that the majority of law enforcement agencies throughout the Nation.
Each and every Officer in your Department has to assume the posture that he or she is the “change agent” (excuse the quotation marks) that will make the difference in the future of your agency.
Being in the business for 27 years and elevated through the ranks to the position of Major, I realize that personalities, opinions and prejudice can infect a department as quickly and as deadly as any virus that we may fear this day.
My observations are that Zephyrhills should be proud of a hard working and professional Department. I also have formed an opinion regarding some of the authors of entries made on the chat site. The officer that quoted TR is most likely a mature and ration individual, who is sincere and professional. He is a credit to your agency. One of the entrants who were extremely critical of the Chief seems to have a personal vendetta. Another was the entry that made the statement to the "concerned citizen." He too seems to have his values in order realistic and mature in his or her thought process.The above are the examples that were most compelling.
It is clear that most of the Officers in Zephyrhills are hard working, professional and dedicated employees. I could go on and on about my observations but that is exactly what it is an observation, nothing more.
All should focus on improving the morale and status of the Department and involve themselves in mature constructive criticism. All of us have shortcomings and make errors in our everyday lives. We have to be aware, observant and have the ability to bring to the surface the problems. They say, “ Don’t rock the boat” but if the boat has a hole in the bottom someone has to bring it to the attention of the skipper or we all sink.
My Doctorial Thesis that I am presenting and hope to defend is the problems and tribulations of small department throughout our Country. You have all been of great assistance in the presentation.
You for the most part I assume, are proud of your Department, constructive, professional and will strive to attain the degree of trust and faith in your community, no matter what obstacles may confront you.
Keep up the great work. Remember “HIT” Honor, Integrity and Trust.

08-27-2006, 09:08 PM
Why have'nt you discussed the issues you read about the chief of police? We are mature professional adult police officers but our issues and problems stem for our leader. Every issue or violation that is posted, and there are alot more, has gone on or is continuing to happen. The Honor, Integrity and Trust is still here amoungest the troops but "HIT" has been lost and will never return for the chief. I'm not talking about a 50% split throughout the employees, I'm speaking of a 99% rate of the police department employees have lost all respect, trust and the beleaf that he's ever going be able to lead this agency any further. With this happening and being ignored, it will surface real soon and yes, we will be back in the newspaper looking foolish!

The author you are speaking of who quoted TR, is the chief wanting all the public and employees eyes to believe is it someone else. How immature! Were not stupid! The other authors you speak of, are frustrated employees that are sick and tired of this particular leadership and are ready for a change.

There is a hole in the bottom of the ship, not created by the staff and we're tired of bailing water for a skipper that's not worth saving!

Wake up and take care of this "problem" before it's too late.

08-28-2006, 12:50 AM
"I also have formed an opinion regarding some of the authors of entries made on the chat site. The officer that quoted TR is most likely a mature and ration individual, who is sincere and professional. He is a credit to your agency".

Hey chief, thought you got another post by us, huh? Explain how this unknown person knew this was a "He"?

Go ahead and keep making your posts and tell everyone that you're a Major employed by the 1,300-officer department (You Wish!).

Keep thinking that you're working with a bunch of rednecks and your so much smarter than everyone here.

Will you make three years? My money says NO!

08-29-2006, 01:49 AM
I understand that Zephyrhills Water was bought by a FRENCH Company.

Could it be that frency water has turned ZPD officers into cry-babies?

One way to solve some of the immediate problems is for your Chief to fire the one or two of you that keep crap stirred up.

08-30-2006, 10:50 PM
The problem with the last post is that they need to fire the one person that started all this crap at the PD. Do I need to advise who?

Were not looking at fixing the "immediate problems", were looking to fix the three year long problem and that will fix the immediate issues. Do I need to advise who?

You speak of stirring up crap but who is so full of it? Do I need to advise who?

If you answered "The King" your positively correct!

09-04-2006, 07:54 PM
I’ve been affiliated with the Police Department for many years. Each and every Police Chief that took the reigns has been battered for one thing or another. Let’s face facts! There are only two other members of the Department that are qualified to fill the position and from what I hear; the officers too batter them. Hay maybe we can hire someone from outside the Department, Now that’s a novel idea! THEN WE COULD FIND FAULT WITH HIM OR HER. (DON’T WANT TO BE SEXIST!) How about the Officers that complain, they could sit in the hot seat for a while. Stop your complaining, and whining. Do your job; be proud of your chosen profession and your Department! You have a responsibility to the public and if you can’t handle it, there are other jobs.

Just go back and read all of the complaints and ridicule that you have spewed and reflect on the nonsensical and immature statement that have been made.

I agree! You do need a new Police Chief, one who has the qualities of changing your diapers and being a nursemaid.

GET A LIFE! I’ve scanned the other sites on Leo Affairs and concluded that the only agencies that complain as much as you do are equal in professionalism.

Observer

09-06-2006, 12:31 AM
I've been affiliated also with the Police Department for many years and the Police Chief's of Eiland and Howell were not battered like the past two chiefs. Eiland and Howell were true leaders and not only cared about their staff but the citizens within their community. I believe that your comment about two other members being qualified to fill the position, your right, if were speaking of the two individuals that worked under and learned the true leadership qualities of the two chiefs I mentioned.

Your comment of,

"You do need a new Police Chief, one who has the qualities of changing your diapers and being a nursemaid". You should have stop after "You do need a new Police Chief".

The other agencies that you scanned on Leo Affairs obviously don't have a chief like the current one in Zephyrhills.

A Better Observer

09-06-2006, 10:33 AM
I UNDERSTAND THAT THEY NAMED THE NEWEST BUILDING IN ZEPHYRHILLS AFTER THE CURRENT CHIEF, IT'S LOCATED IN THE DOWNTOWN 5TH AVE. AREA! IT'S THE R.B. RESTROOM FACILITY! WAY TO GO CHIEF, YOU DESERVE IT! NOW YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.

THERE'S EILAND BLVD.
THERE'S THE ROBERT HOWELL POLICE FACILITY
AND THE R.B. RESTROOM FACILITY

:lol: :D :) :o :wink:

09-08-2006, 12:29 AM
You just don’t get the picture, do you? I couldn’t agree more; the two men we are talking about are true leaders with a wealth of experience. They have paid their dues and are good administrators. Being a good administrator comes at a price. The price is that you can’t keep everybody happy and content. There is always that faction that will be discontented no matter who is running the show. Your responsibility is to do your job and if you can’t, due to problems with the Chief, find a way to deal with it. Don’t go disrupting the Department and cause problems by continuously undermining the Department. Chief Eiland would not tolerate the actions of many of the officers and we all know where they would end up. In the unemployment line or flipping burgers. In my opinion Eiland was the cornerstone of the Department for 35 years. You followed the rules with Eiland. He was a good friend and a sincere confidant. Don’t use childish comments about outside toilets being named after anyone, let alone the Chief. This is not a Christian attitude nor is it professional. If you have a problem bring it to the surface and deal with it. You only lower your status as a human being and professional by creating discontent and disharmony. The Chief may last three years or 30 years, how does that affect you? He still approves your paycheck or signs off on it or what ever the policy. You get everything you want and need. It may not come when you want it but it gets there. You have take home vehicles, good equipment and a professional Department. Don’t screw it up by causing problems! If you don’t like your leadership, tell him. If you have a problem, voice your opinion. You have a union, what does your shop steward or rep say? You have people depending on you. You do a good job and most of you should be commended. We are all proud of you, don’t darken that shinning star by being negative, it reflects on you as well as your leadership. If you want to be respected, respect others if ypu can't respect the individual, respect the rank. This includes all of your superior officers. I notice that many of you were never in the military.

God Bless you All and keep yourselves safe.

09-09-2006, 11:16 PM
You don't get the picture. It's not about keeping everyone happy and content it's about stability. We want stability, confidence and trust in a chief but we don't have it and never will with this cracker box chief. He has lied to not only us but the city council and city manager, for years. We have never in our careers seen someone being able to be gone on leave for over six months and still have a job. Your hiring practices are ridiculous. Discipline, depends on who the person being investigated. He's lost several on his desk and thrown them out and others he doesn't have the balls to disipline. It's out of control here. Remember this quote, "We will have tasars and stop sticks before the end of this budget years". Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire!

There's NO ONE at this police department that has confidence in him!

Stability. We don't know what to expect daily.

Were not causing problems here, we just want someone to question his illegal ways of doing things and cover ups.

A Very Concerned Employee

09-10-2006, 04:32 AM
I was not here to work for chief Eiland so I can only address areas I have knowledge of. Why do we post on a public forum? Nobody is listening or questioning why ALL the employees are so disgruntled. The city manager spoke to the chief about our issues, but this chief provided him with a five page smokescreen on how he was addressing them. Nothing changed, so we are protected by the PBA.

The areas not being addressed are:

Assignments and promotions are based on who he likes or dislikes
Lack of or unfair discipline
Pattern of poor hiring decisions
No accountability
Poor budgeting
False promises and private deals
Outright boldfaced LIES! Yes to us, city manager and city council
Lacking a general knowledge of police procedures
Lacking knowledge for a chief
Vindictive
Do as I say, not as I do
and the list goes on...

Unfortunately for him and us a public defenders investigator is not comparable to a police chief and he was out of police work for too long.

09-17-2006, 08:50 PM
Hey Cheif on June 20, 2006 at 16:22:25 hours you replied on this personal website. June 20th was a Tuesday. You should have beening doing your job instead of doing personal things on your computer at work. If one of your staff was doing this during shift hours what would the punishment be? how about getting form behind that desk and your computer games and help out the staff by doing a little patroling yourself.

09-17-2006, 11:56 PM
the cheif was patroling on friday, he did a aoa report on a fleeing to elude charge on a dirt bike!!!

we can't post on city computers because he has them checked, huh cheif? hint : patrol room computer!!!

remember "freedom of speech" the truth sometimes hurt!!!

lets have your compuetr checked, oh that is right, your the king!!!

09-21-2006, 07:20 AM
Hey chief i see you have damage on the side and the rear bumper of your police car, so why is it we get wrote up for it and you don't?

09-22-2006, 05:19 PM
He doesn't get in trouble because he hasn't been held accountable for anything by his boss, who doesn't want another black eye from hiring
another bad chief!!!

Betcha if he has a garage door, it has a dent to match the damage on his trunk!!

Late nights make people sleepy!! Of course, those late nights allow him to take vacations without ever using 1 hour of vacation time. (for example-200 hours of comp time)

09-30-2006, 11:25 PM
HOPEFULLY HE WAS ON VACATION FINDING A JOB SOMEWHERE ELSE BESIDES THIS AREA! OF COURSE, WE WOULD'NT WISH THAT UPON NO CITY OR POLICE DEPARTMENT.

10-04-2006, 11:03 PM
yes we do want him gone.we have exhausted all means on letting the public know of the issues with him. it's on y'all now when he **cks up next time and costs the city.wonder why we don't have female officers around?wonder why were losing seasoned officers?ar15's or three officers, we know what the majority of the officers wants working under these stress conditions out here.it's very sad that our department lost three officers in this budget,due to our chief but every other department got the manpower needed.you suck chief.you don't care about your people only retaining your job.next time you see an officer out there busting their *ss thank them for tolerating the conditions that are not safe and a chief with only his image on his mine.lets hope our officers don't get hurt or killed in the line of duty because there will be a hell of a price to pay.

10-24-2006, 01:44 AM
Can someone advise why there are no female officers working at Zephyrhills PD? I will be graduating from the academy soon and wish to find out if it's worth the effort to apply.

I would appreciate a sincere response and any other info concerning your agency and issues with female or minority hiring.

Thanks in advance

10-25-2006, 02:01 AM
It would be worth it to apply, especially if you are a black female with long blonde hair.

10-25-2006, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the response, I guess what your telling me is that your chief has issues with females. Thanks for the heads up, good luck to all there and be safe.

10-26-2006, 09:17 AM
WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THE CHIEF AND HIS DENTED VEHICLE? DID HE GET IN TROUBLE LIKE OTHERS DO, FOR CAUSING DAMAGE TO A COMPANY VEHICLE. :?:

10-27-2006, 11:36 PM
You don't get in trouble when your the "KING".

Maybe he will write himself up again, and post it on the "Board of Shame".

First, you have to have a boss that checks up on his people and hold them accountable like the rest of the city employees are.

We'll remember this act and others and it will come back and bite him.

Trade your car in on a 2007 that is sitting in the rear parking lot, your hinus!

11-10-2006, 12:07 AM
so back to the original comment has this officer been rehired and if so are all of the waves calm there at zpd concerning this officer