PDA

View Full Version : state

05-05-2006, 01:42 PM
how come we are bringing back bomb for state most posts dont have a bomb team to train them and its not a street officers job to know how to do that. its far to complicated and i dont thinkn we need it

Veteran
05-06-2006, 04:09 PM
Believe it or not knowing how to handle a bomb scenario/situation is very important for the average street cop. With the ever growing threat of terrorism bombs are being used more and more often. Whether it's domestic or international terrorism. You never know when you may run into a suspicious package or get a bomb threat call. It happens often. Do they expect you to know how to difuse it, or what wires to cut or what not.....of course not. But knowing what kind of information to gather, evacuating an area, knowing what size cordon to set-up, what to look for if you receive a bomb threat i.e. wires, things out of place, and stuff of that sort is very vital for the normal street officer. I participated in many state competitions bomb threat scenarios. Do they go overboard a little bit? Yes I think they do. They need to keep it simple but they don't need to cut it out entirely. It's an important skill everybody should know. Any differing opinions?

05-07-2006, 11:19 PM
Bomb Scenaro's are actualy very easy! You just have to remember all the steps you have to take. If your Department doesnt have anyone that can come and teach a call then find one of the closest ones and request an instructor.

05-12-2006, 02:56 AM
hey check out the fape website, bomb threat/bomb response is no longer an event at this years state competition. nothing to worry about now