PDA

View Full Version : Fitness Assessments

04-26-2006, 06:39 AM
Why are we doing these things every in-service? I don't care that they want to make us do it, but 4 times a year is a waste of time that could be spent on actual training.

Would anyone else be in favor of doing them Twice a year instead of four times? The admin could accomplish the same data collection and then get 10 hours or so more training in per year. I somewhat doubt that, if audited by FDLE, these assesments would be considered "training" for accredidation and certification purposes anyway.

05-06-2006, 01:41 AM
I CAN UNDERSTAND THE REASON WHY WE ARE DOING THE PHYSICAL FITNESS AT EVERY INSERVICE AND IT IS TO POINT OUT TO EVERY DEPUTY JUST HOW OUT OF SHAPE / IN SHAPE THAT WE MAY BE. THE ADMINISTRATION IS TRYING TO GET US TO START AN EXERCISE ROUTINE BUT THEY ARE FAILING TO SEE THE OBVIOUS. ESPECIALLY IF YOU WORK IN CORRECTIONS AND ARE FORCED OR VOLUNTEER TO DO YOUR FAIR SHARE OF THE OVERTIME-- THIS LEAVES LITTLE TIME FOR A ROUTINE WORK OUT WHEN YOU ARE BALANCING A HOME LIFE AND PLAYING CATCH UP AROUND THE HOUSE. :?

fldeputy
03-24-2007, 05:53 PM
Personally, I enjoy in-service........it's a nice little break from humping calls for 12 hrs.......I would a little more of a challenge on the physical end of things....maybe more obstacle courses and firearms training. Some advanced DT would be great!!!

03-25-2007, 02:22 AM
shut up fdleputz

fldeputy
03-26-2007, 08:35 PM
I apologize if I've offended you.....I guess.

Yakuza
03-26-2007, 09:18 PM
I apologize if I've offended you.....I guess.
You're apologizing to a total stranger on a message board? :roll:

03-31-2007, 12:50 AM
When does the Sheriff and his staff take the PAT?

03-31-2007, 12:52 AM
I think they take them on the tenth of Never.

03-31-2007, 11:09 PM
yea, the command staff took the pat. hear they did pretty well. :oops:

03-31-2007, 11:53 PM
Oh yeah? How did BW do? Or Driscoll?

Yakuza
04-01-2007, 01:15 AM
Oh yeah? How did BW do? Or Driscoll?
I think they earned 2 hours off for each event.........gotta love it.

04-11-2007, 11:00 PM
Look around. We have more fat-a$$es than I've ever seen at one agency. I hope to GOD that these guys can to a great job despite their size. So many lives depend on it. Even yours... :shock:

04-22-2007, 08:43 PM
WE DO NEED SOME TYPE OF PHYSICAL STANDARDS TO ADHERE TO. ASIDE FROM THE FAT SLOBS HOW ABOUT A BREAK FROM THE NEW HIRES WHO ARE IN THEIR 50'S AND EVEN 60'S LOOKING FOR THEIR 2ND OR 3RD PENSION. I KNOW THERE ARE DISCRIMINATION LAWS BUT I'M TIRED OF WORKING WITH RETIREES THAT CANT HEAR THEIR RADIO. AND FOR YOU OLD PEOPLE WHO ARE VESTED, TIME TO RETIRE AND PLAY WITH THE GRANDKIDS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BEFORE YOU GET SOMEONE HURT.

04-23-2007, 11:51 AM
WE DO NEED SOME TYPE OF PHYSICAL STANDARDS TO ADHERE TO. ASIDE FROM THE FAT SLOBS HOW ABOUT A BREAK FROM THE NEW HIRES WHO ARE IN THEIR 50'S AND EVEN 60'S LOOKING FOR THEIR 2ND OR 3RD PENSION. I KNOW THERE ARE DISCRIMINATION LAWS BUT I'M TIRED OF WORKING WITH RETIREES THAT CANT HEAR THEIR RADIO. AND FOR YOU OLD PEOPLE WHO ARE VESTED, TIME TO RETIRE AND PLAY WITH THE GRANDKIDS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BEFORE YOU GET SOMEONE HURT.

I don't know about you, but I've been vested for about 6 years and I dusted several of the less than a year rookie know-it-alls when I went to training. In fact, I was kind of surprized at how a couple of them didn't even hit hard when we did the fighting drills. As far as getting someone hurt, I've seen a couple of you looking in the wrong dam direction during real building searches on alarm calls when we find an open door. you watch my 6 and I will watch your 6. I don't need you turning to look at me while no one is watching out for me. And leave your goddamned cell phone in the car dumbass!

04-26-2007, 03:29 PM
I been with this Agency for almost ten years. I've worked with Deputies big and small. There are Deputies that are big and out of shape, but they do a good job and know what they are doing. And I rather have an out of shape Deputy that knows how to do his job, has people skills, and knows how to do an investigation than a skinny deputy or a muscle deputy that does not know the law, can't write a report, and pisses people off so your call gets even harder. Anybody that wants to see a fellow Deputy get fired because of his shape or size is an embarrassment to the real law enforcement professionals that work for with us and has no business being in this line of work where we depend on each other.

04-27-2007, 08:36 AM
{SNIP} Anybody that wants to see a fellow Deputy get fired because of his shape or size is an embarrassment to the real law enforcement professionals that work for with us and has no business being in this line of work where we depend on each other.

Amen! No one is watching out for us, so we need to watch out for each other. Anything less is total BS and those who do that should go work for beverage with the former Sheriff Bob White. OOOOPS, This post is ahead of it's time by a couple years.