PDA

View Full Version : New Director

04-21-2006, 11:11 AM
Who would you like to see as the new Director? Is there anyone from within that can do the job and clear the air of Tunnell's era?

05-07-2006, 01:56 AM
Who would you like to see as the new Director? Is there anyone from within that can do the job and clear the air of Tunnell's era?

You're quite a "brave soul", aren't you?!!!

05-07-2006, 05:16 PM

You're quite a "brave soul", aren't you?!!!

And why would you say that?

05-10-2006, 03:52 AM
My vote is for Special Agent Scott Peterka!

He's bright, honest, a good investigator, has the highest integrity and also the respect of his co-workers. He's the man you want. :roll:

pw2610
05-16-2006, 05:42 AM
I don't work there, but I have had some interactions with your agency in the past and have found folks like Jim Sewell (sp?) and Ray Velboom to be top nothch folks who seem to have their crap together. Sometimes a top leader doesn't have to come from the Tallahassee command staff :)

FDLE is a cool agency and is where I would like to be in the future.

Stay safe.

05-17-2006, 08:25 PM
You can be sure that whoever gets the job will be a "good-ol-boy", probably from the pan handle or connected to it, and who is willing to sway in whatever direction the prevailing political wind happens to be blowing.

05-20-2006, 01:28 AM
so I guess that while Tunnell WAS from the panhandle, he didn't "sway"?

05-21-2006, 05:20 AM
DON'T EXPECT TOO MUCH UNLESS WE GET A PRO LAW ENFORCEMENT GOVERNOR THAT IS WILLING TO APPOINT A PROGRESSIVE LEADER. HAVING SAID THAT, I RECALL THE LAST PROGRESSIVE STATE LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY HEAD WAS RON GRIMMING. LOOK WHAT THE GOOD OLD BOYS DID TO HIM. AT LEAST HE DIDN'T GET INDICTED. TOO BAD, I RECALL THE TROOPERS REALLY LIKED HIM.

05-22-2006, 05:43 PM
DON'T EXPECT TOO MUCH UNLESS WE GET A PRO LAW ENFORCEMENT GOVERNOR THAT IS WILLING TO APPOINT A PROGRESSIVE LEADER. HAVING SAID THAT, I RECALL THE LAST PROGRESSIVE STATE LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY HEAD WAS RON GRIMMING. LOOK WHAT THE GOOD OLD BOYS DID TO HIM. AT LEAST HE DIDN'T GET INDICTED. TOO BAD, I RECALL THE TROOPERS REALLY LIKED HIM.

So who was---or is getting---indicted?

05-27-2006, 03:29 AM
I BELIEVE WD CHILDERS OF THE PANHANDLE WAS INDICTED FOR BRIBERY. I RECALL SOME ISSUE WITH GRIMMING OVER WHAT ELECTRONIC TICKET WRITING SYSTEM FHP WAS GOING TO BUY. THE COL WANTED THE BEST FOR HIS TROOPERS. THE BRIBERY AND THE TICKET ISSUE WERE NOT RELATED EVENTS.

HOW QUICKLY PEOPLE FORGET ABOUT THE GOOD OLD BOYS

05-28-2006, 02:28 PM
I posted a reply here yesterday and I no longer see it here. What happened? Did it get deleted? If so, why?.

05-29-2006, 06:15 PM
I READ YOUR REPLY. I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO IT. IT DID NOT APPEAR TO VIOLATE ANY RULES THAT WOULD REQUIRE MODERATOR INTERVENTION.

05-30-2006, 12:06 AM
I didn't think I violated any rules either. What gives? I can't log in anymore either.

MOD 1
05-30-2006, 12:45 AM
I posted a reply here yesterday and I no longer see it here. What happened? Did it get deleted? If so, why?.

Due to technical issues some posts from the past few days were lost. It was beyond our control. I apologize for any inconvenience.

10-16-2006, 09:16 PM
Guess that "real cop" (Bailey) has been able to "clear the air of Tunnell's era"? Are you happy now?!!!

10-17-2006, 04:07 AM
Sewell's coming back. Remember who said it here first !!!!!