PDA

View Full Version : Cost of living increasing/SCSO pay still at all time low

Unregistered
07-27-2021, 10:03 PM
You want to know why deputies are constantly leaving the agency? Want to know why we are constantly hiring new officers to fill vacant spots in the county? Want to know why we have region(s) (plural) filled with many inexperienced officers? Let me give you a big clue. Pay. The cost of living is increasing, and yet this agency remains as one of the lowest paying agencies in central Florida. Good deputies hands are forced to move for better pay. How about we cut down some of these unnecessary ass “specialty” units that sit on there ass all day, remove some unnecessary admin positions, and put some more money into deputies pockets so they can pay the bills and not have to think about going somewhere else in terms of better pay. Until something is changed, the wheel will continue to stay the same for this agency. Great deputies leaving and more new deputies filling in those spots.
What is it? 165 million dollar budget and we still can’t figure out how to solve the problem?

If your reading this or this makes it’s way to admin you know the problems and yet nothing is being done. A few emails here and there won’t change anything. Change is necessary in order to build a productive and efficient agency. Think I’m wrong? Go ask around for yourself.

Unregistered
07-28-2021, 12:18 AM
Use spell check the next time you complain

Unregistered
07-28-2021, 01:39 AM

Okay. Thanks mate. I’ll make sure to do that. Such a small minded person. Unbelievable.

Unregistered
07-28-2021, 09:17 AM
I know I’ve received large pay raises the past few years. No less than 5% every year, sometimes more. What is there to complain about that? This blog is like a broken record.

Unregistered
07-28-2021, 09:20 PM
Look in the mirror… “waaa, I don’t make enough money”. Go somewhere else.
Same whines. Go to Lemma. Instead scared and post it on here. Glad I retired so I don’t hear your same old gripe in person. Oh yeah, you are scared to do that. Obviously not willing to leave and complain instead. You deserve it.

Unregistered
07-28-2021, 10:23 PM
Look in the mirror… “waaa, I don’t make enough money”. Go somewhere else.
Same whines. Go to Lemma. Instead scared and post it on here. Glad I retired so I don’t hear your same old gripe in person. Oh yeah, you are scared to do that. Obviously not willing to leave and complain instead. You deserve it.

Says the retired guy who doesn’t want to hear b*tching but trolls the LEOaffairs board for an agency he’s no longer employed by. GFY.

It is pretty simple. If you think you’re worth more, leave. I did. The worst thing you can do is expect this place to change for the better.

The bestt decision of my life was to get away from Bldg 100 and Dennis Lemma’s stupidity. He is a fake cop, always has been, and has singled handedly burned this agency to the ground. Talk shit about DP in a private setting? Fired x3. Two married Deputies who are both married to other Seminole cops, including one of our own, banging each other on the clock? No investigation, not even a reassignment.

There is no fair, impartiality or transparency with with this administration. It is a collective of the incompetent that somehow all got put into leadership positions who cannot lead, make decisions or think like cops.

Unregistered
07-31-2021, 10:34 PM
Says the retired guy who doesn’t want to hear b*tching but trolls the LEOaffairs board for an agency he’s no longer employed by. GFY.

It is pretty simple. If you think you’re worth more, leave. I did.

Oh, the sweet, sweet irony here.

Unregistered
07-31-2021, 11:59 PM
Oh, the sweet, sweet irony here.

Irony would be me complaining about hearing b*tching while intentionally reading a website which the sole purpose of is b*tching.

I purposely come on here to see how bad it still is and laugh. But thanks for playing! Keep swallowing that Seminole fluid while making 48k a year serving a feckless and incompetent administration.

Unregistered
08-01-2021, 04:35 PM
Irony would be me complaining about hearing b*tching while intentionally reading a website which the sole purpose of is b*tching.

I purposely come on here to see how bad it still is and laugh. But thanks for playing! Keep swallowing that Seminole fluid while making 48k a year serving a feckless and incompetent administration.

You purposely troll a forum of a place you no longer work? You’re a loser! Probably a great thing that you left.

Unregistered
08-01-2021, 07:02 PM
You purposely troll a forum of a place you no longer work? You’re a loser! Probably a great thing that you left.

Enjoy your AP’s, Disney meetings, and 45 grand a year for the rest of your career dipshit. 😂

Unregistered
08-01-2021, 07:37 PM
Enjoy your AP’s, Disney meetings, and 45 grand a year for the rest of your career dipshit. 😂

If I’m guessing right, you’re PleC. If so, you aren’t missed. Go suck on Mina’s balls some more, cry baby.

Unregistered
08-01-2021, 07:48 PM
If I’m guessing right, you’re PleC. If so, you aren’t missed. Go suck on Mina’s balls some more, cry baby.

And you miss the mark again, ****sucker! Lemma’s balls must taste better.

Unregistered
08-02-2021, 01:54 AM

That's because he's making more money and has the time. lol

Unregistered
08-03-2021, 02:05 PM
We constantly hear that employees are the greatest resource at the agency. If that is true why is the pay so terrible? Did anyone ever realize that we work 2236 hours a year while Orange County works 2080. 156 hours more a year for less pay. The math shows we work almost a month more for less pay. If the sheriff is actually serious about fixing the pay and retention, now is the time to show it. People again are leaving for more pay and less hours. You would be a fool not to. The days of being treated well is no longer a factor in people’s decision on staying. The old saying we are better than other agencies is factually untrue. When will we stop hemorrhaging people to other agencies who value their employees and pay them accordingly. Our pay has been and always will be a joke to officers at other departments. The high finance person needs to realize we are law enforcement not general labor. The time had come to fix pay once and for all and pay us a respectable wage. What we have now is a slap in the face. Better start hiring people who can’t get hired elsewhere because the exit door is open once again. Sad.

Unregistered
09-17-2021, 09:42 PM
Go to OPD! $$$$$$$$ and none of that crappy FRS joke retirement!

Unregistered
09-18-2021, 03:04 AM

You forgot to put a period at the end of your sentence dummy.

Unregistered
09-29-2021, 02:27 PM
I’m looking forward to my .15 an hour raise. With that I can buy? 3 gallons of gas every two weeks or a McDonald’s meal and dessert, two rotisserie chickens, a 12 pack of beer or an order of wings. What a joke, thanks for being the most important part of the work force. Spend years on compression only to add to it. The finance chief should be looking for a new job.

Unregistered
09-29-2021, 07:33 PM
I’m looking forward to my .15 an hour raise. With that I can buy? 3 gallons of gas every two weeks or a McDonald’s meal and dessert, two rotisserie chickens, a 12 pack of beer or an order of wings. What a joke, thanks for being the most important part of the work force. Spend years on compression only to add to it. The finance chief should be looking for a new job.

https://money.yahoo.com/why-ask-5-raise-now-181027645.html

Kind of sad how we treat those that have been here for any amount of time. The lump sum and top out increase is less then 2.5 percent. I understand having a top out, but the raise should still be 5 percent in a lump sum.