PDA

View Full Version : Way to go IUPA

Unregistered
07-07-2021, 10:23 PM
How about you update the membership on what happened at the June 29th contract negotiations. If they were canceled we should be told...if they had them we should be told about what happened. Keep your membership informed or you will lose us like the PBA did

Unregistered
07-07-2021, 10:29 PM
How about you update the membership on what happened at the June 29th contract negotiations. If they were canceled we should be told...if they had them we should be told about what happened. Keep your membership informed or you will lose us like the PBA did

Go away PBA

Unregistered
07-07-2021, 11:54 PM
Go away PBA

IUPA sucks they have WEAK leadership. They are losing a lot of their members.

Go away IUPA

Unregistered
07-08-2021, 03:29 AM
IUPA sucks they have WEAK leadership. They are losing a lot of their members.

Go away IUPA

Just stop PBA, it's getting tiresome

Unregistered
07-08-2021, 04:08 AM
Just stop PBA, it's getting tiresome

If IUPA sent out an email the PBA would criticize whatever progress was made and whine they could do better despite the fact they never do. The corrupt Broward PBA's days of stealing our dues money are over and not coming back.

Unregistered
07-08-2021, 04:47 AM
I would love to know why IUPA at the FIRST MEETING asked for 3.5 3.5 & 3.5. WHY would we start off lowballing ourselves??!! Why didn’t we start at 7, 7, 7 or 8,8,8?? And work from there? Very pour tactics in my opinion.

Unregistered
07-08-2021, 10:28 AM
Go away PBA

Why is it that any question a member has a moron always comes back with the greatest response ever...Go away PBA. However I agree. Go away PBA. Now that we have that settled how about informing dues paying members like you and I and the 1200 or so others what happened at the negotiations

Unregistered
07-08-2021, 12:37 PM
IUPA is terrible. Good luck with that wannabe lawyer. Maybe deliver a carton of Menthol lights to the office to get better treatment. Freaks GO AWAY IUPA

Unregistered
07-08-2021, 03:54 PM
IUPA is terrible. Good luck with that wannabe lawyer. Maybe deliver a carton of Menthol lights to the office to get better treatment. Freaks GO AWAY IUPA

Who is the wannabe lawyer?

Unregistered
07-08-2021, 06:06 PM

Go away PBA and lose another department

Unregistered
07-08-2021, 06:44 PM
I am a IUPA member and I truly support what they have done as a union, but if they are unable to present us with a contract with stays in pace with todays inflation, simply vote no.

Unregistered
07-09-2021, 01:30 AM
I am a IUPA member and I truly support what they have done as a union, but if they are unable to present us with a contract with stays in pace with todays inflation, simply vote no.

Your vote will count during voting , be patient young deputy.

Unregistered
07-09-2021, 03:45 AM
I would love to know why IUPA at the FIRST MEETING asked for 3.5 3.5 & 3.5. WHY would we start off lowballing ourselves??!! Why didn’t we start at 7, 7, 7 or 8,8,8?? And work from there? Very pour tactics in my opinion.

The Sheriff already settled with 2 or 3 other Unions for 3.5 x3 so due to the me too clause in all of the contracts we are stuck with it. That being said other monetary items that are not associated with the me too clause were presented and were not shot down and were tabled to the next bargaining session. On a side note if you think 3.5 across the board is bad after what has happened in this country the last 2 years then you really know nothing about economics.

Unregistered
07-09-2021, 09:19 AM
The Sheriff already settled with 2 or 3 other Unions for 3.5 x3 so due to the me too clause in all of the contracts we are stuck with it. That being said other monetary items that are not associated with the me too clause were presented and were not shot down and were tabled to the next bargaining session. On a side note if you think 3.5 across the board is bad after what has happened in this country the last 2 years then you really know nothing about economics.

Thank you for the update.....wish it would come from one of the 3 blind men in the union leadership

Unregistered
07-09-2021, 10:12 AM

I know quite a bit about economics, have you seen the prices on housing? Gas prices have gone up over a dollar in the last six months, food prices have gone up eleven percent, I went to Home Depot the other day, a sheet of plywood went from 23 dollars a year ago to over 80 dollars for that same piece of plywood. Have you noticed how employers are giving bonuses for new employees while struggling to keep their existing employees Lastly have you noticed the hatred towards the police in the last year? Yes i do know a little about economics.

Unregistered
07-09-2021, 12:26 PM
Thank you for the update.....wish it would come from one of the 3 blind men in the union leadership

Go away PBA

Unregistered
07-09-2021, 06:30 PM
I know quite a bit about economics, have you seen the prices on housing? Gas prices have gone up over a dollar in the last six months, food prices have gone up eleven percent, I went to Home Depot the other day, a sheet of plywood went from 23 dollars a year ago to over 80 dollars for that same piece of plywood. Have you noticed how employers are giving bonuses for new employees while struggling to keep their existing employees Lastly have you noticed the hatred towards the police in the last year? Yes i do know a little about economics.

So you expect all employers who are subject to the same inflation to provide raises in line with the ridiculous rate of inflation. If you can name one employer let alone a government employer that is providing those types of raises please educate us uneducated masses. As I said previously it seems to me you know nothing about economics.

Unregistered
07-09-2021, 08:22 PM
So you expect all employers who are subject to the same inflation to provide raises in line with the ridiculous rate of inflation. If you can name one employer let alone a government employer that is providing those types of raises please educate us uneducated masses. As I said previously it seems to me you know nothing about economics.
It’s called using it as a negotiation tool, Tool.

Unregistered
07-09-2021, 09:32 PM
As a long time prior member of the pba and now an iupa member, I am overall very pleased with iupa (contracts, representation). Although I would like to see more communication in the form of union meetings starting up.

Unregistered
07-09-2021, 09:35 PM
As a long time prior member of the pba and now an iupa member, I am overall very pleased with iupa (contracts, representation). Although I would like to see more communication in the form of union meetings starting up.

Worst Union EVER. Notice how all the lazy FU*ks from the courthouse , port , and airport are all into IUPA. They are very dumb people. Can’t handle being in a real district. GO AWAY IUPA!

PBA better Union hands down. Better everything

Unregistered
07-09-2021, 09:44 PM

The me too clauses were wiped out in the last round of contracts before the elections. All the unions have them up for the larger COLAs. Dumb move.

Unregistered
07-09-2021, 09:53 PM
Worst Union EVER. Notice how all the lazy FU*ks from the courthouse , port , and airport are all into IUPA. They are very dumb people. Can’t handle being in a real district. GO AWAY IUPA!

PBA better Union hands down. Better everything

Stop smoking that crack FOOL!

Unregistered
07-10-2021, 12:00 AM
The me too clauses were wiped out in the last round of contracts before the elections. All the unions have them up for the larger COLAs. Dumb move.

If this is true, OGC was a lot smarter than IUPAks lawyers.

Unregistered
07-10-2021, 01:54 AM
DLE has never had a “me too” clause in our contract. Not under IUPA and not under the PBA. The smaller unions did have them but BSO took it away last contract. Courts have ruled me too clauses as illegal for years. It just took BSO to realize this years after the fact

Unregistered
07-14-2021, 10:30 PM

You must have received your economics degree in public school. Here in the great state of Florida, thanks to our uninformed and ignorant electorate, every hourly worker will be getting a raise to $15 per hour over the next five years. The inbred mental midget in the drive thru at Mickey D’s making $10 per hour this year, will get a $1 raise each year over the next 3 years of our contract. Rounding off, that is 10%, 9%, 8%. Those employees don’t have to worry about being one mistake away from 22 years in prison either. Starting pay at BSO is only $23 per hour.

Unregistered
07-15-2021, 03:10 PM
Here is where we should start. Then add the fact that this is a very difficult profession to be in and find quality applicants that survive.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/14/social-security-cost-of-living-increase-for-2022-may-be-largest-in-decades.html