PDA

View Full Version : Retention & Moral

Unregistered
03-09-2021, 08:32 PM
Retention and Moral go hand in hand. Over 15 years in Law Enforcement I have observed individuals come and go simply because of moral . If you want to retain quality deputies, you need to recognize those who are self motivated and hard workers. It seems the best way to get ahead in this agency is to kiss the ass of those above you. Giving someone Deputy of the quarter for buying someone a bicycle and promoting someone to sergeant with no actual experience is not a good way to boost moral.

Unregistered
03-09-2021, 08:44 PM
I completely agree but nothing will change. Deputies who are truly hard workers and care about this job and more times than not in the shadows of those who buddy up with the upper chain of command.

Unregistered
03-09-2021, 08:51 PM
You wanna see positive change then put RF as Sheriff and AY as Undersheriff.

Unregistered
03-09-2021, 10:04 PM

Why would you say something like this? RF is supremely loyal to the Sheriff and putting something like this out there potentially undermines that in the eyes of others. RF is an excellent leader and LEO and is doing what is asked of him by the Sheriff to the best of his ability as he always does because it is what is best for the agency and the county.

Unregistered
03-09-2021, 10:58 PM
Supremely loyal ? Hahaha calm down

Unregistered
03-10-2021, 02:06 AM
Retention and Moral go hand in hand. Over 15 years in Law Enforcement I have observed individuals come and go simply because of moral . If you want to retain quality deputies, you need to recognize those who are self motivated and hard workers. It seems the best way to get ahead in this agency is to kiss the ass of those above you. Giving someone Deputy of the quarter for buying someone a bicycle and promoting someone to sergeant with no actual experience is not a good way to boost moral.

Brilliant. Do you even know the difference. Never mind.

Unregistered
03-10-2021, 11:07 AM

Let me guess you don’t even work here anymore

ThinBlueTim
03-10-2021, 02:50 PM
Couldn’t have said it better my friend!!!

Unregistered
03-10-2021, 04:10 PM
Please learn the difference between moral and morale. Some of the reports I read certainly show how uneducated the employees are.

Unregistered
03-10-2021, 04:17 PM
Well said !

Yuuuuppppp
03-10-2021, 04:19 PM
Minus the spelling error, you hit the nail on the head LOL

Unregistered
03-13-2021, 02:50 AM
Just to add to the morale issue. So everyone knows the 2 new CCIB sergeants (Layton and Pederson) have no supervisory experience, none, zero, zilch, period..... I guess they are so specialized that Dennis (at the direction of Sammy) thought it was a good idea to promote 2 deputies to sergeant and put them straight into a supervisory position in a specialized unit. Kind of a slap in the face to the guys that have been sergeants for years, some even being prior CCIB agents, who have been working midnights on the road or in specialized units. Hey guys, despite all your experience, tenure, loyalty and abilities you are not good enough to even be interviewed. Oh yeah, another morale issue, there currently is a court house deputy assigned to CCIB as “TDY”, but has been assigned a vehicle, equipment, badge and everything else the agents get. Kind of looks like he might be staying for a while. This guy was not an an eligibility list, just assigned because someone owed someone a favor or someone was doing someone else a solid for a future favor. So much for interviewing like everyone else, passing the interview, being placed on an eligibility list and waiting for a decision. Having some real road experience might be nice also. Whatever Sammy wants from Dennis he gets, no matter the expense to agency morale. I don’t think Simon Sinek would be cool with all these shenanigans.

Unregistered
03-13-2021, 02:46 PM
I am sure that “Me No Speak No English” guy from the courthouse will fit in perfectly next to the guy from the jail who is one IQ point above retard and who apparently is the new star. Who cares as long as they can produce numbers? Because all we care about those days are numbers. OD number. Arrest numbers. Hey Lemma, here is a number for you. How many people left the SO since you took over? Oh, wait you don’t know? Why? Because that is not an important number for you? Again, who cares as long as everyone knows the OD numbers.

Unregistered
03-13-2021, 09:29 PM
I am sure that “Me No Speak No English” guy from the courthouse will fit in perfectly next to the guy from the jail who is one IQ point above retard and who apparently is the new star. Who cares as long as they can produce numbers? Because all we care about those days are numbers. OD number. Arrest numbers. Hey Lemma, here is a number for you. How many people left the SO since you took over? Oh, wait you don’t know? Why? Because that is not an important number for you? Again, who cares as long as everyone knows the OD numbers.

Says the Longwood or Winter Springs guy back in their city working on another code enforcement complaint.

Unregistered
03-13-2021, 10:51 PM
So, basically you are dumping on all city officers, as well as the road deputies, for what they are sometimes responsible for doing, very classy (catching speeders is another one of their responsibilities). You wonder why CCIB got a reputation for being ****y, your post is a prime example. Douche...

Unregistered
03-14-2021, 01:33 AM
So, basically you are dumping on all city officers, as well as the road deputies, for what they are sometimes responsible for doing, very classy (catching speeders is another one of their responsibilities). You wonder why CCIB got a reputation for being ****y, your post is a prime example. Douche...

Nope, not dumping on city officers at all, just dumping on those two asshats. In case you haven't noticed, SCSO does a lot of code enforcement, catches a lot of speeders and does all the same stuff the city guys do. Not a dig on them at all, but thanks for playing.

Unregistered
03-14-2021, 02:20 AM
I know you are trying to deflect looking like a jerk but there is no side tracking what you said. You made some of the city patrol officer and road deputies responsibilities look petty. Go count OD numbers so you look good to your bosses. Typical douche...

Unregistered
03-14-2021, 03:36 AM
Despite being f’ed over for some BS, the Winter Springs guy you referenced was responsible for some of the best cases CCIB ever did (wire taps) and the Longwood guy was also responsible for some of the more significant cases the unit was involved with. I’m sure you are crushing it in CCIB now, don’t forget to know how many ODs there were this month, or else you might get kicked out. I can’t wait to compare stats in a year......

Unregistered
03-14-2021, 01:27 PM
Despite being f’ed over for some BS, the Winter Springs guy you referenced was responsible for some of the best cases CCIB ever did (wire taps) and the Longwood guy was also responsible for some of the more significant cases the unit was involved with. I’m sure you are crushing it in CCIB now, don’t forget to know how many ODs there were this month, or else you might get kicked out. I can’t wait to compare stats in a year......

I think we will have to agree to disagree.

Unregistered
03-14-2021, 07:49 PM
I think we will have to agree to disagree.

We know you disagree Alan. Let me ask you this. What have you done while in CCIB besides defrauding the government and working CIs, which were given to you by Rob or patrol? How many cases have you initiated? How many complaints have you worked? I bet we can count them on one hand. Yes, you sure had numbers, but none were due to your hard work. I guess we will have to agree to disagree about this as well.

Does your daddy know you are off the leash and posting on this forum? Did you finish memorizing the OD numbers?

Unregistered
03-14-2021, 11:22 PM
We know you disagree Alan. Let me ask you this. What have you done while in CCIB besides defrauding the government and working CIs, which were given to you by Rob or patrol? How many cases have you initiated? How many complaints have you worked? I bet we can count them on one hand. Yes, you sure had numbers, but none were due to your hard work. I guess we will have to agree to disagree about this as well.

Does your daddy know you are off the leash and posting on this forum? Did you finish memorizing the OD numbers?

Wow, there are some real butt hurt ex agents!