PDA

View Full Version : PCSO take over

Unregistered
11-04-2020, 05:30 AM
PCSO take over? ***** what makes you think the sheriffs office wants to take over your damn city. We can go in there and clean that place, up it won’t be hard. As for your officers you will all be in the unemployment line as half of you don’t qualify to work at PCSo. And those that do qualify won’t be able to hack it nor would anybody the PCSO Want you working there. A great agency that needs to maintain their independence and work for their citizens the best they can. The New PD can move the city into the 21’st I

Unregistered
11-04-2020, 03:45 PM
Some of what you say is true. In past takeovers x employees of pcso were not accepted back. The top brass were put back on the road if they passed the pre employment back ground. There are some good officers at BPD who would benefit from a takeover. The pay would increase and resources would do the city good. The place is a wreck right now.

Unregistered
11-04-2020, 06:44 PM
So the new hires will make just over $3,500 a year more then the new minimum wage at $31,500 a year. I have a feeling we will now loose officers to McDonald's. Making about the same amount of money with less stress.

Unregistered
11-04-2020, 11:06 PM
Grady don’t want these headaches !

Unregistered
11-18-2020, 04:49 AM
Pretty sure the officers who work for us now and were booted out of the SO will not get rehired. Gut feeling and rumors say it will happen soon.

Unregistered
11-18-2020, 02:22 PM
It’s not going to happen, those rumors have been around for years. BD will be chief, and rightfully so.

Unregistered
11-19-2020, 03:15 AM
It’s not going to happen, those rumors have been around for years. BD will be chief, and rightfully so.

More like unfortunately so...

Unregistered
12-01-2020, 01:25 AM
I do believe you will see things happen in the near future. Why was there a meeting about law enforcement service's set on the city calender which was later cancelled. Look at the calender on the city web site. Rumor is it will be rescheduled

Unregistered
12-01-2020, 10:01 PM
The meeting may be scheduled but it ain’t going to happen. The CM is merely entertaining the thought to the commissioners. The commissioners won’t vote to approve it. Once that’s done the city will move forward in naming a chief.

Unregistered
12-27-2020, 08:26 AM
Just got word from PCSO deputies their higher ups are informing them off a transition and manpower allocation.

From my understanding, there will be (1 Lt), (4 Sgt) and 30 deputies...

Unregistered
12-27-2020, 02:19 PM
I knew it was going to happen. How good is your source?

Unregistered
12-27-2020, 11:12 PM
All rumors!! BD will be the next chief. Eventually there will be a statue of him by the BFD statue and rightfully so. He is the one to save this department.

Unregistered
12-28-2020, 12:34 AM
Yes I agree, there is no one better than BD and MS. They are smarter then any other administrator around. Hell if it wasn't for their expertise you would not be accredited. They need a plac for their accomplishments.

Unregistered
12-28-2020, 08:24 AM
Yes somebody please run out and get another damn plac for them to hang up and decorate with. We don’t want anyone to forget what a shithole everyone is leaving so quickly from.

PCSO Command Staff Member
12-28-2020, 10:57 AM
Just got word from PCSO deputies their higher ups are informing them off a transition and manpower allocation.

From my understanding, there will be (1 Lt), (4 Sgt) and 30 deputies...

Not true. Not to say things couldn’t eventually happen, but at this point, it isn’t so. Not the deal, nor the numbers. Merely hypothesizing at this point.

Unregistered
12-29-2020, 04:46 PM
Soooo ur saying there’s a chance???

Unregistered
12-30-2020, 02:53 AM
I’m sorry but if you believe these rumors, you’ve either not been around long enough to know better or you’re just stupid. The PCSO takeover rumor has roamed our department for nearly a decade. PCSO has tried to take over this department and failed, end of story.

Unregistered
12-30-2020, 03:22 AM
Eat a d***c BD. U ain’t foolin no one

Unregistered
12-30-2020, 05:21 AM
I’m not BD, just someone with common sense. Stop peddling these baseless rumors, PCSO is not taking over this department any time soon.

Unregistered
12-30-2020, 05:08 PM

Cody, everyone knows it was you by the way you talk. Worry about LPD and not BPD

Unregistered
12-31-2020, 05:02 AM
I’m sorry but if you believe these rumors, you’ve either not been around long enough to know better or you’re just stupid. The PCSO takeover rumor has roamed our department for nearly a decade. PCSO has tried to take over this department and failed, end of story.

Wrong. The Sheriff has never made (nor failed at) any attempt to take over. He makes it very well known, he will ONLY present an offer if a city manager comes to him and solicits a proposal. There is nothing in it for the Sheriff to take over additional resources. He only presents an offer of what costs PCSO could do it for if requested.

So no, never has PCSO “tried to take over”, nor failed either. Get your facts straight.

Unregistered
12-31-2020, 05:48 AM
Wrong. The Sheriff has never made (nor failed at) any attempt to take over. He makes it very well known, he will ONLY present an offer if a city manager comes to him and solicits a proposal. There is nothing in it for the Sheriff to take over additional resources. He only presents an offer of what costs PCSO could do it for if requested.

So no, never has PCSO “tried to take over”, nor failed either. Get your facts straight.
Back in 2008, Grady Judd literally came to City Hall and gave the city commissioners a proposal and claimed they would save almost a million dollars if they replaced BPD with PCSO. The commission never came to Grady, he took it upon himself to give the commission a offer he thought they couldnt refuse. He’s done this with Mulberry, Frostproof, Fort Meade, Polk City, and Eagle Lake. Luckily, George Long, the newly appointed CM at the time, held a vote and the commission voted against a PCSO takeover after outcry from the community. I remember coming into work the morning after Grady gave the commissioners the proposal, and there were PCSO vans outside the PD with deputys crawling around the department looking at our equipment, I guess they figured they could take us over like all of the other small citys in the county. So yes, PCSO did try and take this department over, I watched it with my own eyes.

Unregistered
12-31-2020, 08:11 PM

Um your wrong, he did attempt to take the city over several years ago when he put Williams in as acting chief to help the transition. He failed when the major went to the last city meeting and showed the city his numbers where wrong. Grady left with his tail between his legs. So get your fact straight.

Unregistered
01-01-2021, 04:27 AM
Um your wrong, he did attempt to take the city over several years ago when he put Williams in as acting chief to help the transition. He failed when the major went to the last city meeting and showed the city his numbers where wrong. Grady left with his tail between his legs. So get your fact straight.

Was awaiting this response, BD...but hate to tell you, you are the one with inaccurate facts. And the employees of the PD need to know that.

1) The city requested help when the Sheriff sent then-Capt Larry Williams in. He did not simply “put Williams in as acting chief”. The city requested it.
https://www.theledger.com/news/20070706/sheriffs-administrator-on-loan-to-bartow-police-department

2) Then-Mayor Brian Hinton was quoted as saying “ Judd will make his proposal, at the invitation of the City Commission”.
https://www.theledger.com/news/20071114/bartow-police-dont-want-sheriff-takeover

Your opinion is Judd tucked his tail between his legs. Whether he did or didn’t is neither here nor there. That’s simply how you chose to see it. Bottom line is, which was originally stated above, the Sheriff doesn’t go in and “take over” any cities. The Sheriff only presents proposals if requested to do so. And he’s not going to make the county go bankrupt to do so. If he saves the city money, great. If he doesn’t, no harm no foul. Either way, he doesn’t have some agenda to take over all the cities that have inadequate leadership. Those city managers make that choice.

Unregistered
01-01-2021, 01:59 PM
I wanna apply for an officer position but I have a few skeletons in my closet. How is the administration when it comes to that??? It's nothing criminal. Will they just about take anyone. What's the limit?

Unregistered
01-01-2021, 02:03 PM
Is Polk taking over bartow p.d. I heard a rumer is it true?

Unregistered
01-01-2021, 08:32 PM
Is Polk taking over bartow p.d. I heard a rumer is it true?

Yes, the city commissioners are back dooring the police department and citizens by not making it public. And pretty sure BD and MS know about it and also keeping it from their officers.

Someone needs to investigate Long and his mail order bride

Unregistered
01-01-2021, 10:28 PM
Are they hiring officers now?

Unregistered
01-02-2021, 03:21 AM
Whoever wrote the information with the articles I applaude you for the
In formation. I do believe there was a Captain and Major still with the department who were much more qualified and experienced then the current admin in 2008. The other thing is, I was told there were several BPD officers in 2008 who went to the SO and requested the take over. Is this true and is it true one of them currently work at BPD. Hope you may know this. Just curious?

Unregistered
01-02-2021, 11:49 PM
“ With a crime rate of 44 per one thousand residents, Bartow has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 23.”

The citizens should be knocking down the door at city hall, begging for the sheriff to take over!!

Unregistered
01-03-2021, 03:38 AM
The racist deputy chief makes another decision which only proves that he is racist. The deputy chief is famous for his hand wave over the face to indicate a person of African American. Then he attempts to assist Chief Hall covering up racist remarks made by a white employee. Now he skipped over an African-American employee who has worked for the Department for several years processing crime scenes. This employee applied for an open position in the crime scene unit and yet deputy chief promotes a new caucasian record Clerk to the position over the African American employee. This is just another example of his racism. There are currently no Latinos or African Americans in any positions above officer at the police department.

Unregistered
01-03-2021, 04:25 AM
I was shocked to hear T did not get the crime scene position. She is a competent, loyal and respected employee. If I were her I would file a discrimination suit in a heartbeat. Admin needs to stop playing this game of taking care of drinking buddies. This is a profession of high standards so start acting like it.

Unregistered
01-03-2021, 10:38 PM
I've personally taken part in the hiring process at BPD. I have seen and heard first hand the way administration have been overly critical of the qualifications, history and personal relationships of POC applicants. Instead of focusing on the experience, customer service and diversity that this department so greatly needs, they have drawn conclusions and hypotheticals regarding the outcome of hiring these applicants. While other applicants non-POC are encouraged to apply with the bet of them simply having a relative within the city or department. The administration are immediately interested, despite them not having any former work history or related experience. I think this incident with the CSI position was crap and the administration should be ashamed of themselves. They knew that employee was a committed and faithful employee and they could do whatever they wanted and nothing would be done. I encourage her to be pissed off, real pissed off at how they did her. Make some trouble, good trouble, necessary trouble. Make some noise!!!!!!!!

Unregistered
01-03-2021, 10:43 PM
“ With a crime rate of 44 per one thousand residents, Bartow has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 23.”

The citizens should be knocking down the door at city hall, begging for the sheriff to take over!!

Wow, if being graded by a teacher I would assume that would be an “F”.

Unregistered
01-04-2021, 03:33 PM
Our current leadership is the best definition of the blind leading the blind. You have a lying a&) kisser and a marginal PSA leading us and it shows. Hall was a joke but Pampers is worse. At least Hall had a clue as to managing a police agency but these two have no real experience at all. BD is a poser who actually accomplished nothing as a cop and MS is promoted way past her experience skills and abilities as a dog trainer and sooner or later either one or both of them will miss something and cause us more damage. The city commissioners is the true culprits in this debacle. They know what’s going on and they don’t care to intervene. GL has told them it will cost more to contract the PCSO than it does to keep the PD as it is so a takeover is unlikely. Barring some outside mechanism of force being applied, we are here to stay.

Unregistered
01-06-2021, 07:27 PM
The city commisioners have never cared. If you think they do you are sadly mistaken. The cm does not care either. It seems to be one of those if we do not like it ee can leave. Those of us that are able to leave.

Unregistered
01-09-2021, 07:49 PM
Is BPD hiring officers

Unregistered
01-09-2021, 08:51 PM
Is BPD hiring officers

Yes they are, they are always hiring because they can’t keep anyone after a year or two. Come work for crappy pay and benefits, the worst administration from the chief up to the city manager.

Unregistered
01-10-2021, 02:31 PM
The city has elected to stay with the department and NOT contract services with PCSO. Glad that rumor can be put to bed again. Chief D, will be the official leader soon. Good luck

Unregistered
01-12-2021, 06:03 AM
I wish him well.

Unregistered
01-12-2021, 03:58 PM
So is it final? Bartow Pd is staying? No Grady take over? How good is you source?

Unregistered
01-12-2021, 08:04 PM
Pretty good. The commission voted on it.

Unregistered
01-12-2021, 08:27 PM
So no? Bartow keeping the Pd. They gonna give raises?

Unregistered
01-13-2021, 01:16 PM
Hahahahahaha, raises——you must be new here. Lol.

Unregistered
01-13-2021, 07:18 PM
Exactly when did the city elect to keep the PD? Saw no meeting scheduled for last week.

Unregistered
01-13-2021, 07:30 PM

Well if you would have read the minutes your good Capt gave to you, you would have seen we are equal with our package to LPD. Now how they got that, I’m confused because we are no where near the same. Hey but keep believing the CM when he tells you that. Now the CM has given himself a couple very fat raises and only given the general employees enough to buy a meal at McDonald’s.

So now it’s final BPD won’t be going to SO, BPD is about to loose several more officer who were waiting to see if the SO was going to take over. Good luck to the road officers who are having to jump more calls because of low manpower and having to work extra shifts also due to lack of manpower.

Unregistered
01-14-2021, 07:56 PM
Does anyone have Prof that the commission voted to keep the police department? No hearsay but Prof in writing?

Unregistered
01-14-2021, 08:05 PM
Also is the department now hiring new officers to replace the ones leaving?

Unregistered
01-15-2021, 11:32 PM
Is it true JM will be the next sergeant.

Unregistered
01-16-2021, 12:34 AM
Is it true JM will be the next sergeant.

Well he is BD and MS boy and they have been grooming him for the last couple years to be the next sergeant. Does he deserve it, no. JM has yet to investigated for screwing around with female officers while on duty. He’s also allowed one of his female officers to come to work drunk and made everyone else work her calls while they played around.

Unregistered
01-16-2021, 01:04 AM
There is no proof of that stuff only rumor. JM is the only one who has been an OIC and taught by MS who teaches correctly. He has done an excellent job as OIC and has the backing of many others. Get over it KF.

Unregistered
01-16-2021, 02:33 AM
KF played around with a married dispatcher so he can’t talk. JC is taking his turn with her now

Unregistered
01-16-2021, 03:30 AM
Would not be the first time for KF.

Unregistered
01-16-2021, 05:00 AM
My my my how the dirty secrets start appearing

Unregistered
01-16-2021, 07:09 PM
Why not promote AW a smart lady and a POC.

Unregistered
01-17-2021, 01:09 AM
She’s been asked repeatedly to take the test, but doesn’t want to.

Unregistered
01-17-2021, 07:27 PM
There is no proof of that stuff only rumor. JM is the only one who has been an OIC and taught by MS who teaches correctly. He has done an excellent job as OIC and has the backing of many others. Get over it KF.
Oh there’s proof, just ask the officers that worked that night. Show me where he has done an excellent job, he hasn’t done nothing as an officer or as a OIC. He has no backing other than MS, who protects him. Again pull the officers in and ask from that night.

Unregistered
01-17-2021, 07:33 PM
Why not promote AW a smart lady and a POC.

Why should we, what has she done here that’s so special other than tell Cowart how racist the agency is.

Unregistered
01-18-2021, 02:54 PM
Aw is not the person who did that. It was a female officer who always does sneaky things. In time it will come out. There is a mole in the department and SHE has manipulated others in the past better then anyone.

Unregistered
01-24-2021, 04:59 PM
KF played around with a married dispatcher so he can’t talk. JC is taking his turn with her now

Who hasn't she been with. Ms. Sweet and Innocent.

Unregistered
01-27-2021, 04:05 AM
Who hasn't she been with. Ms. Sweet and Innocent.

Sounds like someone got tired of being irrelevant. Didn't she used to bend over the desk for Drey too? Disgusting.

Unregistered
04-02-2021, 03:52 PM
So we are now working BPD’s major crimes, if BPD can’t handle their homicides they get once a year then maybe we should take over the agency. I mean we are already working your detective calls so why not take the patrol calls.