PDA

View Full Version : These Rookies Need Mentorship ASAP!

Unregistered
07-02-2020, 05:30 AM
Millennials had a lot to cry about during yesterday’s union meeting. So what if you aren’t arguing for weekends off. Stop crying about working area 4. This so called officer safety issue is weak.

Suck it up. Do your time and get off patrol. Can’t believe this was coming from the group of guys that played football! (Tough Guys).

What happened to real Defensive Tactics!

Unregistered
07-02-2020, 11:32 AM
And let’s address the elephant in the room. Let’s look at the demographics of citizens that are making things so difficult on Ocean Dr?
So far calls for service on the beach have almost all had the same theme 34,32,27,29,54,38 just listen to the radio on all shifts what do the calls all have in common ?

Unregistered
07-02-2020, 01:35 PM
There’s no need to worry about the police if you’re not doing anything illegal! I don’t see color so who ever spoke about the the demographics is apart of the problem. A lot of you have a problem with black MBPD officers (rookies) speaking up! Why didn’t you respond to them in the meeting?

Unregistered
07-02-2020, 01:40 PM
I got a newfound respect for those guys. But their anger is pointed in the wrong direction. I agree more mentoring is needed.

Unregistered
07-02-2020, 02:34 PM
The problem is we have a chief of police who still plays TA at the academy. He “mentors” them becomes their buddy and all of a sudden we have a direct line to the head of the department because “Ricky was my TA”. Chief needs to stop playing TA, get some rest and sleep and focus on the agency not his other job.

Unregistered
07-02-2020, 02:52 PM
The problem is we have a chief of police who still plays TA at the academy. He “mentors” them becomes their buddy and all of a sudden we have a direct line to the head of the department because “Ricky was my TA”. Chief needs to stop playing TA, get some rest and sleep and focus on the agency not his other job.

Lmaaaaooo Brother your so right! Ricky played the long game. But we don’t do much to help the division. I’m a mentor, I FTO most of the recruits.

Unregistered
07-02-2020, 03:23 PM
Come on guys if you were offered every other weekend when you first started and we’re assigned to the 5th street detail, Washington Ave. Etc, you would have taken it also. But the devil is in the details with the chiefs plan. This is a money killer, It’s exhausting and will force you to work your weekend off to make what you made last year. At the end the majority will rule and decide what day off hour configuration is worth taking a 30k cut in pay. But let’s not be stupid and open up negotiations midway through the current contract. That’s a bad precedence to set.

Unregistered
07-02-2020, 04:28 PM
Come on guys if you were offered every other weekend when you first started and we’re assigned to the 5th street detail, Washington Ave. Etc, you would have taken it also. But the devil is in the details with the chiefs plan. This is a money killer, It’s exhausting and will force you to work your weekend off to make what you made last year. At the end the majority will rule and decide what day off hour configuration is worth taking a 30k cut in pay. But let’s not be stupid and open up negotiations midway through the current contract. That’s a bad precedence to set.

Whenever you guys decide to stop being keyboard commandos is when the city will stop taking notes on this site to use against us. How stupid can you really be? Asking for a friend because I wouldn’t say that. Don’t want anyone getting offended. Lol.

Unregistered
07-02-2020, 05:48 PM
Whenever you guys decide to stop being keyboard commandos is when the city will stop taking notes on this site to use against us. How stupid can you really be? Asking for a friend because I wouldn’t say that. Don’t want anyone getting offended. Lol.

Listo! Vamonos! Cheech, we’re all commandos I prefer to stay quite. It’s too much going on. I’m not about to argue with a bunch of football players about politics. Let them see how much they are really loved by the Brass. We are all we got! At times I miss Hialeah.

Unregistered
07-02-2020, 07:03 PM
Man I never remember a time when someone had less that 10 years on even said a word. You came to work STFU and did your job. Even if you had something to say you stayed quiet because no one gave a shit. Ricky is only trying to set an motion a union buster by playing both sides against each other. Ricky just leave it alone already it’s driving you crazy and your family first is getting old.

Unregistered
07-02-2020, 07:09 PM
What is a Chief of Police doing working at a police Academy? He should be focused 💯 on the MBPD. He has plenty of work to do here also. And yes. His rollcall “we got your back” speech was pathetic.

Unregistered
07-02-2020, 07:48 PM
Listen, back then we shut up! We also did not have various Lt and Sgt backing us up! Garcia is a stand up guy. Listening to both sides.

Unregistered
07-02-2020, 08:11 PM
I know many won’t agree. But that was a great union meeting. Really felt like family. Big bro’s and little Bro’s arguing at the dinner table 😁

Unregistered
07-02-2020, 08:29 PM
And nothing will be accomplished by it same old song and dance

Unregistered
07-02-2020, 09:34 PM
Why Bother

Unregistered
07-02-2020, 11:22 PM

Ricky "mentoring" recruits in the academy is reminiscent of Jim Jones serving up poisoned Kool Aid in Jonestown, Guyana... Sounds more like a cult leader than a police chief.

Unregistered
07-02-2020, 11:55 PM
I love 💕 you all my brothers! This is the time to come together. Let’s take our guys back from Ricky!

Unregistered
07-03-2020, 04:10 AM
Ricky "mentoring" recruits in the academy is reminiscent of Jim Jones serving up poisoned Kool Aid in Jonestown, Guyana... Sounds more like a cult leader than a police chief.

Damn that’s Deep right there brother! Real savage!

Unregistered
07-03-2020, 03:15 PM
Once the few (yes there are only a few) see the pay cut they are taking with the 12 hour shift there will be a change of mind. When they see that they have to work 32 hours of off duty to make up for the loss income. Mind you that most of our OT rates are 60-110 an hour. Yes Rookies May be a little less but with the next 7 years of step increases you will be making more on OT very soon.

Do the math folks. The only way that it can fly is that during negotiations the City offers at a minimum a 7-7-7 raise. Taking the 4/3 has been a big but that the City has always wanted. Well, that why it’s called negotiations. Make it fair for both the City and the FOP.

Unregistered
07-03-2020, 03:47 PM
Once the few (yes there are only a few) see the pay cut they are taking with the 12 hour shift there will be a change of mind. When they see that they have to work 32 hours of off duty to make up for the loss income. Mind you that most of our OT rates are 60-110 an hour. Yes Rookies May be a little less but with the next 7 years of step increases you will be making more on OT very soon.

Do the math folks. The only way that it can fly is that during negotiations the City offers at a minimum a 7-7-7 raise. Taking the 4/3 has been a big but that the City has always wanted. Well, that why it’s called negotiations. Make it fair for both the City and the FOP.

Great post. We can also turn our take homes in for 10k like the FD has.

Unregistered
07-03-2020, 10:31 PM
Man you all need to just go fight those football 🏈 players it’s only 4

👮🏿*♂️ 6’5 400 lbs 👮🏾*♂️6’4 270 👮🏿*♂️5’10 205 👮🏽*♂️6’4 180

Unregistered
07-03-2020, 10:52 PM

No NEED to fight! I’m not crying about area 4 in Union Meetings! no one asked you all to take bottles and end up on the news!

Unregistered
08-11-2020, 07:47 AM
The only thing these rookies know, is sleeping with others in the department.

Unregistered
08-11-2020, 11:00 AM
The only thing these rookies know, is sleeping with others in the department.

Not just rookies, certain supervisors too

Unregistered
08-11-2020, 11:05 AM

Some have made a career out of it

Unregistered
08-11-2020, 11:29 AM

And yet they are crying about working the south end because the big black boogie man is going to get them LMFAO they are soft as warm butter big for nothings

Unregistered
08-11-2020, 05:16 PM
Remember what the “Older generations” used to say about your kind? They would refer to you as “taco speaking,” say we were going to bring the department down, and wish none us came. Not so cool right? May want to hold back on your racist comments.

I’m Caucasian so don’t know anything about taco eating

Unregistered
08-11-2020, 11:59 PM
I’m Caucasian so don’t know anything about taco eating
Not buying it. That word used to refer to blacks is purely Cuban. You even spelled it correctly. You believe what you want. I’m sure in the Midwest you’d be considered Caucasian. If you sleep better at night believing that? Then... by all means.

Unregistered
11-23-2020, 07:20 AM
So who’s 33ing with who ?

Unregistered
11-23-2020, 11:16 PM

Ask your sister.

Unregistered
11-24-2020, 02:31 AM
Rookie Wookie

Unregistered
12-13-2020, 04:20 PM

Who can this Supervisor Be........ 🤓

Unregistered
12-14-2020, 03:37 AM
Anyone for a salad bar. It’s served cold hearted and warm blooded. It seems if you are stupid enough to dine at the salad bar you will risk the chance of being a statistic for losing your job. But remember no matter how much she does wrong she appears to be untouchable.

Unregistered
12-15-2020, 10:57 AM
Anyone for a salad bar. It’s served cold hearted and warm blooded. It seems if you are stupid enough to dine at the salad bar you will risk the chance of being a statistic for losing your job. But remember no matter how much she does wrong she appears to be untouchable.

Dude, give it a rest. I have never understood the desire to see someone else get in trouble. Did she turn you down or something? Live and let live...you may find that you will be happier with your own life.

Unregistered
12-15-2020, 09:26 PM
It’s not so much about someone getting in trouble. It’s about a sergeant that does what she wants and leaves the city with her squad unsupervised. Now if that’s not enough sir this is the third time she had done this exact same thing. So how can you justify speaking up for a supervisor who does not do their job on a continuous basis. Once ok but 3 different times and still not demoted. She was demoted for this same type of behavior prior and here we are again. So no I don’t think it’s right especially since I studied to become a sergeant and if I did the same thing leaving the city multiple times for hours at a time that resulted Failure to supervise in 3 different IA investigations I bet I would be demoted at the least and possibly terminated. So no I don’t think it’s right that time and time again she gets special treatment because of reasons everyone is aware of.

Unregistered
12-16-2020, 02:21 AM
It’s not so much about someone getting in trouble. It’s about a sergeant that does what she wants and leaves the city with her squad unsupervised. Now if that’s not enough sir this is the third time she had done this exact same thing. So how can you justify speaking up for a supervisor who does not do their job on a continuous basis. Once ok but 3 different times and still not demoted. She was demoted for this same type of behavior prior and here we are again. So no I don’t think it’s right especially since I studied to become a sergeant and if I did the same thing leaving the city multiple times for hours at a time that resulted Failure to supervise in 3 different IA investigations I bet I would be demoted at the least and possibly terminated. So no I don’t think it’s right that time and time again she gets special treatment because of reasons everyone is aware of.

She and her puppet should both be fired.

Unregistered
12-16-2020, 04:14 AM
She and her puppet should both be fired.

Another Pu$$y who doesn’t say shit to people’s face.

Unregistered
12-16-2020, 03:44 PM
So which one are you, JS or the puppet?

Unregistered
01-03-2021, 09:57 AM

PPO’s 33ing is nothing new. These girls never got attention before until they put on a uniform in a male dominated field. Ofcourse it’s going to happen. They go from feeling like a 6 to feeling like a 9 in uniform. Oh and can’t forget that male cops don’t care... new... is new...