PDA

View Full Version : PBA when we need them

Unregistered
06-16-2020, 05:19 PM
Where is the PBA? I have seen other city's unions standing up and making public statements againt the politicians that are unfairly attacking police dept including our own. We have officers that are unfairly being pulled off the streets because of a racist city council member and his hidden agenda to try and get the chief bounced and his buddy MCJ to take that spot. We have a SAO dropping charges on dirtbags that were throwing rocks and frozen water bottles at us. Come on PBA it's time to start attacking back at the people that are attacking us.

Unregistered
06-16-2020, 05:52 PM
Go on PBA Facebook. If you don't have it, make an account. That's the board used for communication.

Unregistered
06-16-2020, 06:04 PM
Where is the PBA? I have seen other city's unions standing up and making public statements againt the politicians that are unfairly attacking police dept including our own. We have officers that are unfairly being pulled off the streets because of a racist city council member and his hidden agenda to try and get the chief bounced and his buddy MCJ to take that spot. We have a SAO dropping charges on dirtbags that were throwing rocks and frozen water bottles at us. Come on PBA it's time to start attacking back at the people that are attacking us.

I give up... who’s MCJ? And the protesters released from prosecution were not charged with any such object throwing. Do you know why the officers were relieved? Actual knowledge? Or speculation from the rumor mill...? Take it easy. The union has been acting and will continue to do so. Check your email dummy

Unregistered
06-16-2020, 06:21 PM

Go away Abe. Or No Trix Frix go spend sometime with your daughter hear she has time to spare.

Unregistered
06-16-2020, 06:44 PM
I’m sick of hearing “The PBA is doing something check your email”. So far their emails have lacked substance and balls. I haven’t seen any press conferences fighting back against the negativity. I didn’t see them out there on Tampa Bay BLVD the other day. Someone needs to stick up for us.

And No, this isn’t AC or DF. This is a concerned officer who still has 15 years left of this BS and feels like no one has his back right now. Would be nice if our “union” would show “unity” right now.

Unregistered
06-16-2020, 07:17 PM
Go to PBA Facebook page. It has all of the information. If you dont have Facebook, then get it. At this time, facebook is being used as a message board.

Unregistered
06-16-2020, 08:41 PM
I’m sick of hearing “The PBA is doing something check your email”. So far their emails have lacked substance and balls. I haven’t seen any press conferences fighting back against the negativity. I didn’t see them out there on Tampa Bay BLVD the other day. Someone needs to stick up for us.

And No, this isn’t AC or DF. This is a concerned officer who still has 15 years left of this BS and feels like no one has his back right now. Would be nice if our “union” would show “unity” right now.

Board elections coming up in October be sure to run and soon the elections for President etc will be coming please put in to run and let us all know how it should be done. See you at the next board meeting. (June 23rd at 2pm) Nah wait you’ve never been you just ***** on an annoying website.

Unregistered
06-17-2020, 02:48 AM
Go to PBA Facebook page. It has all of the information. If you dont have Facebook, then get it. At this time, facebook is being used as a message board.

Are you serious?? Nobody is questioning their communication so enough already with the Facebook crap.

The issue is the PBA is acting like they are afraid to lose a friend. I have news for you, the mayor, SAO, and city council are not our friends. Trust me. Ya I know they sent that letter and the mayor bowed down and everything but how about taking some real action. It's coming at our officers from every direction from people I never would have thought are against us. It's time, believe me it is time. Never thought I would say this and no I never voted for him, but maybe the last president would be a little bit more vocal in times like this. And where the heck is our state PBA?

Unregistered
06-17-2020, 04:05 AM
Are you serious?? Nobody is questioning their communication so enough already with the Facebook crap.

The issue is the PBA is acting like they are afraid to lose a friend. I have news for you, the mayor, SAO, and city council are not our friends. Trust me. Ya I know they sent that letter and the mayor bowed down and everything but how about taking some real action. It's coming at our officers from every direction from people I never would have thought are against us. It's time, believe me it is time. Never thought I would say this and no I never voted for him, but maybe the last president would be a little bit more vocal in times like this. And where the heck is our state PBA?

I look forward to see you at tge next board meeting so we can discuss this. If not then STFU

Unregistered
06-17-2020, 04:34 AM
I look forward to see you at tge next board meeting so we can discuss this. If not then STFU

You can’t reason with him, union brother. Just gotta straighten him out in person. Let him meet some of the union muscle.

Unregistered
06-17-2020, 06:04 AM
You can’t reason with him, union brother. Just gotta straighten him out in person. Let him meet some of the union muscle.

Union muscle? I just want him to goto the board meeting and say his issues and most likely he will get his answers. Im not a board member I’m sick of hearing people b&tch and complain on this stupid public website but are not willing to get involved and speak at a meeting. Wtf.

Fly
06-17-2020, 06:38 AM
Not for nothing but why the finger pointing? isn’t that what this website is for? People like yourself that wanna bytch and moan with anonymity? Nobody squawking here is gonna say the same thing in person at a meeting... but nonetheless, its not necessary for a member to go tell our union how to do their job is it? Pretty sure standing up for the troops is what pba is supposed to do. If you don’t like what they are doing, don’t vote for em next time.

Unregistered
06-17-2020, 08:15 AM

100%.........

Unregistered
06-17-2020, 03:07 PM
Not for nothing but why the finger pointing? isn’t that what this website is for? People like yourself that wanna bytch and moan with anonymity? Nobody squawking here is gonna say the same thing in person at a meeting... but nonetheless, its not necessary for a member to go tell our union how to do their job is it? Pretty sure standing up for the troops is what pba is supposed to do. If you don’t like what they are doing, don’t vote for em next time.

Huh? If you have concerns or questions how about address the problem. Call the PBA goto a board meeting call a board member or Darla Jimmy etc. but no instead you start a rant on a public website where you will get NO answers and NO results.

Unregistered
06-17-2020, 06:18 PM
Huh? If you have concerns or questions how about address the problem. Call the PBA goto a board meeting call a board member or Darla Jimmy etc. but no instead you start a rant on a public website where you will get NO answers and NO results.

It does not matter since the PBA has no real power either within the department or politically. And since the department and mayor will do what they want anyway, what is the real need for the PBA?

Unregistered
06-18-2020, 10:49 AM
It does not matter since the PBA has no real power either within the department or politically. And since the department and mayor will do what they want anyway, what is the real need for the PBA?

PBA should be pulling stats, calls taken vs police shootings, 90% of our use of force is handcuffing, how many profiling complaints have we had. How many external complaints to the 600k calls we take a year. They should be making the PR case for us. Who cares if the mayor is going to do what she wants. They should make the attempt to fight this false narrative. They should be fighting back against Goudes. Go pull his IAB record. They need to quit hiding and take a page from some other unions there. They just took leave hours from us all. Do some work be because the Chief and Mayor is not.

Unregistered
06-18-2020, 12:02 PM
PBA should be pulling stats, calls taken vs police shootings, 90% of our use of force is handcuffing, how many profiling complaints have we had. How many external complaints to the 600k calls we take a year. They should be making the PR case for us. Who cares if the mayor is going to do what she wants. They should make the attempt to fight this false narrative. They should be fighting back against Goudes. Go pull his IAB record. They need to quit hiding and take a page from some other unions there. They just took leave hours from us all. Do some work be because the Chief and Mayor is not.

We Must Do Something! Harrumph!

Unregistered
06-18-2020, 01:53 PM

Ask Maceo... I bet he can explain the need

Unregistered
06-19-2020, 02:11 AM
The PBA is being very quiet during all of this because the PBA president is hoping her husband makes Lt. Why would she rock the boat and upset the chief and mayor??

Unregistered
06-19-2020, 03:28 AM
The PBA is being very quiet during all of this because the PBA president is hoping her husband makes Lt. Why would she rock the boat and upset the chief and mayor??

Only he won’t take a Lt position. But ok. Contact union first thing pull your membership and then stfu.

Unregistered
06-19-2020, 03:35 AM

You need to schedule a meeting with one of the union enforcers and get re-educated.

Unregistered
06-25-2020, 12:14 AM

The PBA you have is the PBA you elected. Your leaders are only as good as the ones that voted. Your support will vary with the prevailing winds from the PBA, Mayor and Chief. Once TPD gets a complete radical as Chief you will be like Seattle and the only ones to blame are yourself. If you have a weak PBA representative your Voice isn’t heard. It’s not all about what COLA you get it’s about the quality of life and if your leaders have your back. If you think the BWC is gonna be great because all the complaints will be dropped once it’s revealed they lied and the cop Was right... beware. The LOC’s will increase because the staff will use it as a retaliatory way to get at officers they don’t like. It happens everywhere. It’s too juicy not to use by these feckless Leaders. I applaud the recent retirees this past week who said **** It. I wish I was them.

Concerned employee

Unregistered
06-25-2020, 12:19 AM

100%.....!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered
06-25-2020, 12:49 AM
When frivolous complaints are proved false by the BWC, is IAB going to start filling charges against the complainant or at least provide guidance for civil remedy. PBA, you need to make this required when the policy is written.

Unregistered
06-25-2020, 08:31 AM
When frivolous complaints are proved false by the BWC, is IAB going to start filling charges against the complainant or at least provide guidance for civil remedy. PBA, you need to make this required when the policy is written.

Don’t matter cause I will be suing the ones that file false reports.

Unregistered
06-25-2020, 09:48 AM
Go away Abe. Or No Trix Frix go spend sometime with your daughter hear she has time to spare.

Yeah I got plenty of spare time come join me instead of putting my name in your mouth for no damn reason.