PDA

View Full Version : Turd Tony has embraced reforms being pushed by Black Lives Matter demonstrators.

Unregistered
06-16-2020, 02:01 AM
https://youtu.be/qYrl8WGp74w

‘I fired the bad cops.’ Sheriff Gregory Tony showcases deputy terminations in first campaign ad

By Skyler Swisher

South Florida Sun Sentinel | Jun 15, 2020 | 6:07 PM competition

Broward County Sheriff Gregory Tony has built his reputation as a reformer who isn’t afraid to take on bad cops in his own department.

Now, he’s showcasing his get-tough stance on police brutality in his first campaign ad, which includes footage of his own deputies slamming a teenager’s head to the ground and punching a handcuffed inmate.

The ad highlights how Tony — Broward County’s first black sheriff — acted decisively to fire deputies caught on camera using excessive force. It comes as protesters heap criticism on a criminal justice system that has allowed police officers to commit brutal acts with impunity.

“I took on police brutality," Tony says in the 30-second ad. "I fired the bad cops. De-escalation training. Equal justice. Police brutality is unacceptable. Ending it starts with who is in charge. It starts with me.”

Those firings also have heightened tensions between Tony and the Broward Sheriff’s Office Deputies Association, which represents about 1,400 deputies. The union has come out hard against Tony and endorsed one of his opponents, Al Pollock, a retired BSO colonel.
Jeff Bell, union president, says Tony has unfairly treated deputies and violated their due-process rights.

“You have to honor procedural due process and their rights,” he said. "You can’t circumvent the process to get the political result you desire.”

“We just wish he would stop celebrating terminating deputies,” Bell added.

Tony’s campaign is spending six figures on the ads, which will air on local television stations ahead of the Aug. 18 Democratic primary.

Tony fired deputies, overhauled review panel
Tony has fired at least five deputies since Gov. Ron DeSantis appointed him sheriff in January 2019.

Early in his tenure in April 2019, Tony faced outrage over the rough arrest of a teenager in Tamarac that was captured by multiple bystanders on camera. The footage, which is included in Tony’s campaign ad, showed Deputy Christopher Krickovich slamming Delucca Rolle’s head against the pavement.

In December of that year, the 11-member Professional Standards Committee recommended that Krickovich be exonerated, but Tony overruled the panel and fired the deputy.

Bell said that was the first time in the history of the Broward Sheriff’s Office that a deputy was fired after the Professional Standards Committee voted to clear the officer.

Jeff Bell, president of the Broward Sheriff's Office Deputies Association, listens as Sheriff Gregory Tony addresses the media on Wednesday Dec. 11, 2019. (Mike Stocker / South Florida Sun Sentinel)

In July, Tony fired Deputy Kevin Fanti, who was captured on a surveillance camera repeatedly punching a handcuffed inmate.

Then he fired Deputy Jorge Sobrino in October. Sobrino was caught on camera punching a man who had been handcuffed to a hospital bed.

Union leader Bell’s frustrations with Tony date back to at least May 2019, when he vowed in a text message to Tony supporter Hunter Pollack that he would “make sure Greg never makes it past the primary.”

One change that has upset Bell involves how internal affairs investigations are conducted. Under previous sheriffs, those investigations were put on hold until a deputy’s criminal charges were resolved.

Now, an internal affairs investigation runs alongside a criminal investigation. Bell said that puts deputies’ jobs in jeopardy if they decline to answer questions that could later be used against them in court.

Tony overhauled the 11-member Professional Standards Committee, which makes nonbinding recommendations on deputy discipline. He replaced every member except Bell and urged the four citizen representatives to take a more active role against police misconduct.

Tony touts other reforms
As a first-time candidate, Tony has faced scrutiny over not disclosing on a 2005 application with the Coral Springs Police Department that he shot and killed an 18-year-old man when he was a 14-year-old living in Philadelphia’s Badlands neighborhood.

Tony, 41, was not found guilty in the 1993 shooting, and he says it was self-defense.

Tony has cited his background as making him who he is today. He uses the Badlands as a backdrop in the ad, noting that he “beat the streets" and put himself through college.

He’s urged voters to focus on his achievements as sheriff, such as firing bad deputies, rather than dwell on decades-old issues dug up by his opponents.

Tony has embraced reforms being pushed by Black Lives Matter demonstrators.

Unregistered
06-16-2020, 02:05 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/3w5ajh.gif

Unregistered
06-16-2020, 02:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYrl8WGp74w&feature=youtu.be

Greg Tony beat the mean streets of Philly. He literally killed his way to the top.

Unregistered
06-16-2020, 02:10 AM
How much $$$ did he give to DeLucca Rolle's family to show little DeLucca getting his ass handed to him in the McDonald's parking lot? I hope DLucca and his mama and auntie AND Benjamin Crump sue Toney's ass off.

I hear little DeLucca and his family right now...
"Every time I see that ad for BSO Sheriff, I get terrorized all over again."

Unregistered
06-16-2020, 02:12 AM
Make no mistake Cowardly Tony isn’t man enough to fire anybody. He has internal Affairs do that for him. When you’re gonna take a mans livelihood away you look him in the eyes and tell him why you are doing it. This piece of shit murdering lying bad check writing LSD user should of started with firing his own Milk Dud face first. He’ll be back to being broke & jobless again real soon.

Unregistered
06-16-2020, 02:16 AM

He should of danced in his blue banana hammock..

Unregistered
06-16-2020, 06:17 PM
Na naner na na, you can kill black people no mo 😛

Unregistered
06-17-2020, 04:12 PM
Na naner na na, you can kill black people no mo 😛

Did TOney get that memo or is it just Hispanics that get get murdered

Unregistered
06-17-2020, 07:03 PM
Did TOney get that memo or is it just Hispanics that get get murdered

Toney the tool bag. Murdering bafoon.

Unregistered
06-17-2020, 08:04 PM

This video is so embarrassing and ridiculous most people think it’s fake when the see it. That how bad and stupid and humiliating this is. But this guy stands up and talks about tarnishing an image? What a joke.