PDA

View Full Version : PBA letter

Unregistered
04-20-2020, 08:45 PM
You all see that political letter released by PBA president. All I can say is wow. That is the most political letter I have ever seen. I wonder if state PBA would agree with that letter. We basically said we don’t want hazard pay as we are happy to have a job. Many jobs received raises and or bonuses that were not even first responders. Not at TPD. Mayor takes holiday pay from detectives. I bet FOP would not send that letter. PBA has sold its soul to mayor.

Did PBA board approve of that letter???

Also “in the event of an exposure” the city will treat Covid as worker’s compensation. Duh!!!!!! Of course you will if I am exposed on duty and have proof of such exposure. Same with blood exposure.

Still doesn’t answer if all officers who test positive will fall under worker’s compensation coverage no matter how they got it.

Just answer the question. If a police officer is positive and they die from covid is it a line of duty death if they are unable to prove they were exposed on duty?

Unregistered
04-21-2020, 06:41 AM
Why don’t you get off the Anonymous LEO affairs trying to stir the pot and call them yourself. Freaking cry babies with no balls to call and ask the questions that concern you instead you post on a public anonymous website. STFU

Unregistered
04-21-2020, 09:58 AM
That letter sure sounded like it was written by the Mayors Propaganda Minister.

Unregistered
04-23-2020, 01:32 AM
Oh! I forgot that incredible PBA contract that we got. **** Our PBA!

Unregistered
04-23-2020, 01:36 AM
We need some no nonsense PBA reps to deal with this city. Our PBA is looked upon as weak by the Mayor and some of the city council members.

Unregistered
04-23-2020, 02:20 AM
Whom then would you recommend?

Unregistered
04-23-2020, 02:35 AM
Our union is weak and ineffective

Unregistered
04-23-2020, 02:38 AM
These gals need to go home and back some cookies for their kids.

Unregistered
04-23-2020, 02:40 AM
Can someone please pay for a chick membership for Jimmy.

Unregistered
04-23-2020, 04:30 AM
These gals need to go home and back some cookies for their kids.

How do you “back” cookies. Loser

Unregistered
04-23-2020, 04:32 AM
Our union is weak and ineffective

Well why don’t you go to the next board meeting like a man and tell them your ideas. But you won’t because your a weak ***** Tell your butt buddy Abe Hi.

Unregistered
04-23-2020, 07:59 AM
If the PBA is going to to lay down with that weak as letter for Bennett that they better not plan on endorsing Castor for the next election. We will not forget this response from her.

I also can't wait to see how much money they will put out their ass for 4th of July. Im sure we will have fire works all down the river. We will have free security as we pull from the streets on one of our busy nights and no overtime.

Unregistered
04-23-2020, 09:30 AM
If the PBA is going to to lay down with that weak as letter for Bennett that they better not plan on endorsing Castor for the next election. We will not forget this response from her.

I also can't wait to see how much money they will put out their ass for 4th of July. Im sure we will have fire works all down the river. We will have free security as we pull from the streets on one of our busy nights and no overtime.

You sound like a whinny little *****. Go lay back down with Abe and rub his back. Loser

Unregistered
04-23-2020, 07:13 PM
Can someone please pay for a chick membership for Jimmy.

Pretty sure the unregistered dude posting this needs the chick membership...because you are the *****!

Unregistered
04-23-2020, 07:17 PM
In case you need those ***** cleared up-Pu$$y!

Unregistered
04-24-2020, 04:55 PM
This union has gotten us a 3, 3, 3 raise. A Healthcare trust. 3 extra days off. Good working relationship with the city. If you are bit**ing, post on the PBA forum with your real name. Im not sure what else PBA can do to make it better for you, but I can reach out and try to explain how this contract is a huge win for us. Our PBA is doing a great job. The city can't afford COVID pay. We all knew that going in, even though other departments are getting it. We have to make compromises in COVID pay, but we have to make that play and ask to be able to compromise later.

Unregistered
04-24-2020, 05:00 PM
This union has gotten us a 3, 3, 3 raise. A Healthcare trust. 3 extra days off. Good working relationship with the city. If you are bit**ing, post on the PBA forum with your real name. Im not sure what else PBA can do to make it better for you, but I can reach out and try to explain how this contract is a huge win for us. Our PBA is doing a great job. The city can't afford COVID pay. We all knew that going in, even though other departments are getting it. We have to make compromises in COVID pay, but we have to make that play and ask to be able to compromise later.

Well stated, thank you for keeping it real!

Unregistered
04-24-2020, 06:01 PM

We have it good, for sure. It's true that they agreed to raises before knowing that there was going to be a massive recession. And that we agreed to what we did before knowing that there was going to be a new risk to our health and to the health of our families. I don't know if 9% in COLAs over three years is adequate compensation for the new risk. I'm certain that it's not for those who actually contract the virus because they were forced to go to work. I'm also certain that those people don't feel "lucky" to have been exposed.

But if you think that our willingness to roll over and take the City's refusal to even consider any form of compensation for anyone is a "compromise," you should look up the definition of that word. And if you think that it's an act of good faith that will be given ANY consideration by the City two years from now when we're back at the negotiation table, you should see a doctor.

Unregistered
04-24-2020, 07:20 PM
The 9% raise is nice without a doubt, but like someone else said earlier, our pension contributions will go up from 9% to much more. If our pension contributions go up to 15% for example, that's a 66% increase in contributions.

Unregistered
04-24-2020, 07:35 PM

If you think the members feel that the PBA is doing well then you should have been at my roll call this week. Maybe if they actually showed up for a roll call maybe they would understand that.

Unregistered
04-24-2020, 08:02 PM
If you think the members feel that the PBA is doing well then you should have been at my roll call this week. Maybe if they actually showed up for a roll call maybe they would understand that.

Why don't you show up to meetings as well

Unregistered
04-24-2020, 09:00 PM
Why don't you show up to meetings as well

The standard PBA answer to every complaint

Unregistered
04-24-2020, 09:06 PM
I.M.O. some members must trust the media, etc. over the ravages of the COVID-19 instead of fact finding information. Maybe the P.B.A. should ask for a re-opener regarding our contract before the next Flu, Cold or Allergy season and we can get hazardous duty pay. Maybe we will all get "COVID-19" 2020 pins to wear proudly on our uniforms to let the citizens know we worked through and survived this terrible pandemic. Is anyone else embarrassed about some of these posts??

Unregistered
04-28-2020, 06:32 AM

Should have been at mine too. Everyone on my squad has the same opinion weak incompetent PBA board. But if you question them openly they attack you or don’t answer. Never seen a single one in our roll call.

Unregistered
04-29-2020, 01:48 AM
Should have been at mine too. Everyone on my squad has the same opinion weak incompetent PBA board. But if you question them openly they attack you or don’t answer. Never seen a single one in our roll call.

News flash rook... this griping has gone on in roll calls about every administration to ever steer the ship at the PBA. Cops like to bi***. It’s just what they do. The ones that worked elsewhere know the secret, that this is the greenest pasture available for cops. The union is doing fine and quite frankly so are you. If you’re NOT, the maybe you should have avoided that divorce, stayed in shape, or not buried yourself in debt... whatever the hell it is that has you so down. Take your very nice paycheck and enjoy your 4 on 4 off.

Unregistered
05-03-2020, 09:10 AM
So the PBA just going to bow down? No response back....

Unregistered
05-03-2020, 03:23 PM
So the PBA just going to bow down? No response back....

Your clueless and have zero knowledge of anything the PBA or the board does. I try to attend every other meeting to be involved and I have NEVER seen anybody else ever attend. But elections are coming up this year be sure to put your name in to run for the board. If you don’t like what you see be an agent of change or STFU.