PDA

View Full Version : Polygraph and Interview Coming Up, Any Tips?

Unregistered
02-08-2020, 09:37 PM
Not trying to lie or beat the polygraph. Just nervous and trying to get an idea of what to expect. What kind of questions will they ask on the poly and in the interview? Who will be at the interview? Surely my background investigator will be there, but who else? The Chief? Commanders? This is my dream job and my prefered agency, really don't want to screw it up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Unregistered
02-09-2020, 04:47 AM
When is it?

Unregistered
02-09-2020, 08:16 AM
Only person in the room will be you and the operator.

Unregistered
02-09-2020, 02:10 PM
Just admit the truth. Like the animal sex question.

Unregistered
02-09-2020, 03:50 PM
Not trying to lie or beat the polygraph. Just nervous and trying to get an idea of what to expect. What kind of questions will they ask on the poly and in the interview? Who will be at the interview? Surely my background investigator will be there, but who else? The Chief? Commanders? This is my dream job and my prefered agency, really don't want to screw it up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

One person got caught lying on his pre-employment polygraph, but he was allowed to retake a second polygraph with a different polygraph examiner. After he confessed to multiple thefts and to lying on his first polygraph, he passed his second polygraph and was hired. He is currently running for sheriff of Sarasota County (as of March 9, 2020):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VFgsIQjNty6qK_AORcTEEOV4Dbz4ko9T/view?usp=sharing

Your mileage may vary.

Unregistered
02-10-2020, 02:17 AM
Thanks guys, and obviously I cant say exactly when it is. I plan to be truthful. Just wanted a better idea of what to expect.

Unregistered
02-10-2020, 03:43 AM
Thanks guys, and obviously I cant say exactly when it is. I plan to be truthful. Just wanted a better idea of what to expect.

Are you processing for the hiring selection in March?

Unregistered
02-11-2020, 08:08 PM
That is correct.

Unregistered
02-11-2020, 10:09 PM
Remember it's not a lie if you believe it.....costanza

Unregistered
02-11-2020, 10:13 PM
You have prior experience or this would be your first LE job? Ppl say they love ppl with prior experience and schooling..

Unregistered
02-14-2020, 06:48 AM
Just completed my degree, previous experience in armed security.

Unregistered
02-14-2020, 05:43 PM
Just tell the poly operator that you dated the Mayor back in High School. Everyone loves the Mayor, and this will probably help you out. (If you are younger then the Mayor, just tell him that "you" were in High School and she was your cougar. Everyone loves a cougar also. Win/Win.)

Unregistered
02-15-2020, 05:09 PM
don't call armed security experience, and tell the truth.