PDA

View Full Version : Mentor Deputy

Unregistered
12-02-2019, 03:18 PM
Why are there always so many hoops to jump through to do anything here? The mentor deputy seems like a great program, but to have people submit a memo and then interview for it seems very unnecessary. Have people do an application and choose who you want to mentor new Deputies. Nobody wants to deal with having to interview to be a volunteer mentor. I guarantee there will be almost no applicants with the way they are doing it now.

Unregistered
12-02-2019, 03:55 PM
Why are there always so many hoops to jump through to do anything here? The mentor deputy seems like a great program, but to have people submit a memo and then interview for it seems very unnecessary. Have people do an application and choose who you want to mentor new Deputies. Nobody wants to deal with having to interview to be a volunteer mentor. I guarantee there will be almost no applicants with the way they are doing it now.

If writing a memo and going through a brief interview is too much for you than maybe you shouldn’t be a mentor. It’s a good idea to try this program, it’s not going to be come one come all. Don’t you think they should figure out if you are a jilted douche bag before they use you to steer new people who don’t know any better? The answer is yes moron and maybe it’s not for you.

Unregistered
12-02-2019, 06:55 PM
If writing a memo and going through a brief interview is too much for you than maybe you shouldn’t be a mentor. It’s a good idea to try this program, it’s not going to be come one come all. Don’t you think they should figure out if you are a jilted douche bag before they use you to steer new people who don’t know any better? The answer is yes moron and maybe it’s not for you.

They know who's who here. An application and reviewing someone's PMP is better than wasting someone's time on an interview, and wasting commands time interviewing people volunteering to help. The program is a good idea, wasting resources interviewing people for a mentorship program is ridiculous and fiscally irresponsible when you're paying command staff to sit through dozens of interviews. FYI people can have an opinion, but clearly you are too ignorant to see different sides without resorting to name calling, etc. You are the type of person we do not need teaching new Deputies.

Unregistered
12-02-2019, 08:40 PM
Is there anything you people dont find fault with or complain about? They try to do something good for everyone and all you can do is complain because they want to do interviews to make sure they’re getting the best people. Holy shi* Batman say it ain’t so. How’s fking juvenile are you people?

Unregistered
12-02-2019, 11:00 PM
Is there anything you people dont find fault with or complain about? They try to do something good for everyone and all you can do is complain because they want to do interviews to make sure they’re getting the best people. Holy shi* Batman say it ain’t so. How’s fking juvenile are you people?

They know who they will pick when the memos come in, who are you kidding. They don't need interviews for any positions here, they pick who they want. If the people they want don't put a memo in then they give the shoulder tap for them to do it. Interviews are a song and dance. Your background will speak for itself on paper, which they already have.

Unregistered
12-03-2019, 04:18 AM
They know who they will pick when the memos come in, who are you kidding. They don't need interviews for any positions here, they pick who they want. If the people they want don't put a memo in then they give the shoulder tap for them to do it. Interviews are a song and dance. Your background will speak for itself on paper, which they already have.

That's exactly how it works. The interviews and memos are window dressing to give the illusion of fairness and equal opportunity but the results are baked in advance. They know who they want. The well-connected and dynasty family relatives get the preferential treatment. Good luck to everyone else who is naive enough to think they have a fair chance. This applies to any desireable position or promotion.

Unregistered
12-03-2019, 04:50 AM
That's exactly how it works. The interviews and memos are window dressing to give the illusion of fairness and equal opportunity but the results are baked in advance. They know who they want. The well-connected and dynasty family relatives get the preferential treatment. Good luck to everyone else who is naive enough to think they have a fair chance. This applies to any desireable position or promotion.

Geez you’re so friggin negative and miserable. I’m concerned you sit in a dark room on your days off with a bottle of whiskey in one hand and a noose in the other, contemplating hanging yourself. Walk toward the light.

Unregistered
12-03-2019, 07:34 AM
Geez you’re so friggin negative and miserable. I’m concerned you sit in a dark room on your days off with a bottle of whiskey in one hand and a noose in the other, contemplating hanging yourself. Walk toward the light.

Must have hit a raw nerve with one of Bob's fluffers. Go buy yourself some tissues and mouthwash.

Unregistered
12-03-2019, 01:19 PM
Since, most dont even know everybody in their shift readoffs, start there. "Mentor Deputy" isn't that just another way of saying a squared away Dep with some experience that is willing to help less experienced Deputies? Senior Deputies should already be doing this. Would you say that seniority and experience is recognized and appreciated today? Would you say that the new breeds would listen to them? There was a day when that uniform commanded respect, and anybody wearing it, had your back. If that was still true today, then you wouldnt need a mentor program that would be so subjective, politically correct, that it would be a waste of time

Unregistered
12-04-2019, 06:13 AM
They know who's who here. An application and reviewing someone's PMP is better than wasting someone's time on an interview, and wasting commands time interviewing people volunteering to help. The program is a good idea, wasting resources interviewing people for a mentorship program is ridiculous and fiscally irresponsible when you're paying command staff to sit through dozens of interviews. FYI people can have an opinion, but clearly you are too ignorant to see different sides without resorting to name calling, etc. You are the type of person we do not need teaching new Deputies.

There about 400 deputies on the road moron. That’s the point of interviews. Or do you think someone is going to go through 400 PMP’s? And command staff is salary, they’re paid the same no matter what they do dumbass.

Unregistered
12-04-2019, 06:25 AM
There about 400 deputies on the road moron. That’s the point of interviews. Or do you think someone is going to go through 400 PMP’s? And command staff is salary, they’re paid the same no matter what they do dumbass.

No command staff will go through the PMPs or even bother to read the memos because they already know who they want for the jobs. This whole interview process is a formality to give the impression of a level playing field and lead people to believe they have a chance. They laugh after the interviews at the applicants' willingness to suck up.

Unregistered
12-04-2019, 11:41 AM

You really think 400 Deputies are putting in to volunteer their time you "dumbass?" That's what the application is for. They will be pulling PMPs for everyone that applies regardless. Interviews are a waste of resources. They get the same information from the application, PMP, and training records, which they have to review.

Unregistered
12-04-2019, 11:43 AM
Only a few people will even put in for doing it.

Unregistered
12-04-2019, 01:04 PM
You really think 400 Deputies are putting in to volunteer their time you "dumbass?" That's what the application is for. They will be pulling PMPs for everyone that applies regardless. Interviews are a waste of resources. They get the same information from the application, PMP, and training records, which they have to review.

Then SHUT UP and dont apply. If you dont like the process there is an easy solution. Do what you do now NOTHING! Stop complaining about everything and please just SHUP UP!!!!!!

Unregistered
12-04-2019, 01:35 PM
Only a few people will even put in for doing it.

Exactly. Nobody wants it except to put it on their resume for the supervisory test.

Unregistered
12-04-2019, 10:00 PM
Absolutely disgusting. The agency tried to do something nice and the azzholes have to cry about how it’s done. Eat crap!

Unregistered
12-05-2019, 12:00 AM
They can make discipline consistent if trying to nice

Unregistered
12-05-2019, 01:00 AM
They can make discipline consistent if trying to nice

That will never happen unless we get an independent board to do the hearings and those accused are allowed to have representation, just like the criminals do.

But getting back on subject, we have FTOs, Corporals and Sergeants so there is no shortage of resources for reference. How much hand-holding do the snowflake rookies need? Why does the administration feel there is such a need for master/mentor deputies all of a sudden?

Unregistered
12-05-2019, 03:43 AM
That will never happen unless we get an independent board to do the hearings and those accused are allowed to have representation, just like the criminals do.

But getting back on subject, we have FTOs, Corporals and Sergeants so there is no shortage of resources for reference. How much hand-holding do the snowflake rookies need? Why does the administration feel there is such a need for master/mentor deputies all of a sudden?

You do have representation idiot. So stupid.

Unregistered
12-05-2019, 08:10 AM
You do have representation idiot. So stupid.

Since you don't know that you are prohibited from having representation during IAD interviews and ARBs, you either don't work here or have not read the pertinent section of the GO.

Unregistered
12-05-2019, 01:28 PM
Since you don't know that you are prohibited from having representation during IAD interviews and ARBs, you either don't work here or have not read the pertinent section of the GO.

Your a moron. Everyone under law and G.O. is entitled to representation in AOD and at the ARB. You are clueless. Khron, Afienko, private lawyers and even other deputies represent people in ARBs. You are STUPID!

Unregistered
12-05-2019, 05:34 PM
Your a moron. Everyone under law and G.O. is entitled to representation in AOD and at the ARB. You are clueless. Khron, Afienko, private lawyers and even other deputies represent people in ARBs. You are STUPID!

"Your a moron" - shows who the real moron is. "Your" is the second person possessive adjective, used to describe something as belonging to you. "You're" is the contraction of "you are".

Krohn has been fired, try to keep up.

You can't have a lawyer present at the IAD interview or the ARB to advise you what to say and what not to say. I know this because I have sat in ARB hearings.

A lawyer can only represent you to appeal an ARB finding on which the sheriff has signed off on. A state labor judge is appointed to hear your case and the lawyer can represent you.

Unregistered
12-05-2019, 06:03 PM
"Your a moron" - shows who the real moron is. "Your" is the second person possessive adjective, used to describe something as belonging to you. "You're" is the contraction of "you are".

You can't have a lawyer present at the IAD interview or the ARB to advise you what to say and what not to say. I know this because I have sat in ARB hearings.

A lawyer can only represent you to appeal an ARB finding on which the sheriff has signed off on. A state labor judge is appointed to hear your case and the lawyer can represent you.

Actually you may be right about grammar but you are a moron anyway. A lawyer or representative may be present at the member’s request during the review of the file, during any interview and during the ARB. The lawyer or representative may make a statement during the ARB. They may also counsel during the interview during breaks if they request it. And the way ARB’s are turning into second interviews, I am waiting for a brave soul to challenge that at a DOAH hearing. You’re an idiot if you get are looking at anything significant and go it alone. There are those in the brass who will trample your rights. Big Dan is the worst. Know your rights. Know the policy. Get a lawyer. Don’t let others twist your words or push you out.

Unregistered
12-05-2019, 08:18 PM

Where do you make up your BS from. That is total crap. Lawyers represent deputies in AID interviews and at ARB boards all the time. Totally Fake News and total BS! Why Why do you lie?

Unregistered
12-06-2019, 12:25 AM
If you need a lawyer to help you, you’re a guilty scumbag and should be fired immediately.

Unregistered
12-06-2019, 05:26 AM
If you need a lawyer to help you, you’re a guilty scumbag and should be fired immediately.

Gee, I wonder who would say such a thing. Hmm. Some jobless ****head who can’t get a job catching dogs or any other office. But I agree on one thing, people we arrest don’t need lawyers either, they’re guilty as hell.

Unregistered
12-06-2019, 12:46 PM
Gee, I wonder who would say such a thing. Hmm. Some jobless ****head who can’t get a job catching dogs or any other office. But I agree on one thing, people we arrest don’t need lawyers either, they’re guilty as hell.

Glad you are not a judge or sit on any jury.

Because every arrest is perfect, every prosecution is perfect and the US Constitution does not apply except when Bob says it does. Innocent people are never arrested. It's a just a guideline subject to interpretation just like the General Orders.

Unregistered
12-07-2019, 12:57 AM
Glad you are not a judge or sit on any jury.

Because every arrest is perfect, every prosecution is perfect and the US Constitution does not apply except when Bob says it does. Innocent people are never arrested. It's a just a guideline subject to interpretation just like the General Orders.

I’m glad you’re not a Sheriff because according to you any deputy who hires a lawyer for an IA is guilty and should be fired. Apparently due process applies to everyone but deputies in your book. 🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻 You.

Unregistered
12-07-2019, 01:14 AM
I’m glad you’re not a Sheriff because according to you any deputy who hires a lawyer for an IA is guilty and should be fired. Apparently due process applies to everyone but deputies in your book. 🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻 You.

As far as I am concerned every deputy investigated by IAD should have a lawyer present at all times including during the ARB for representation, paid for by the agency. It's costly but it would reduce the frivolous IAD investigations which would better be handled at the command level with a verbal counseling or written reprimand. The playing field is titled too far in favor of the prosecution which causes the deputies who are innocent to be found guilty or subject to excessive punishments.

Unregistered
12-07-2019, 04:47 PM
In this agency, you are guilty until proven innocent. If they don’t have enough facts to prove something against you, it’s assumed that you did it. Many of times the third floor lies to embellish the facts to their favor. If you want to look at guilty, look at the third floor. Those guys are the most corrupt deputies in the agency. They got passes in their careers due to their connections.

Unregistered
12-07-2019, 10:11 PM
Why make something easy, sensible and efficient when you can drag it out and make it a huge wasteful bureaucratic months long political process?

Unregistered
12-08-2019, 04:20 AM
Why make something easy, sensible and efficient when you can drag it out and make it a huge wasteful bureaucratic months long political process?

Job security for the office snowflakes and Bob's stooges.

Unregistered
12-08-2019, 04:36 AM
Job security for the office snowflakes and Bob's stooges.

Sprinkle some promotions and various awards for administrative herosim and that's a good enough incentive to turn a twenty minute process into a 9 month ordeal involving numerous committees, memos, task forces, interviews and so on. The only thing I see being mentored is a few egos.

Unregistered
12-10-2019, 01:16 AM
Don’t kid yourself, neither the Sheriff nor the Command Staff know everyone that works for them. This is not a small agency. You may know if a deputy is a douche bag or not, but they don’t. So maybe before we have deputies giving official guidance to brand new deputies there should be some kind of vetting process. It makes sense. If you have that shitty of an attitude about them don’t sign up. It’s that easy. You know you don’t have to be an asshole about this place 100% of the time, give someone else a chance once in a while.

Unregistered
12-10-2019, 02:13 AM
Do you think many people will want to do it

Unregistered
12-10-2019, 04:26 AM
Even less than FTO.

Unregistered
12-10-2019, 12:35 PM
Don’t kid yourself, neither the Sheriff nor the Command Staff know everyone that works for them. This is not a small agency. You may know if a deputy is a douche bag or not, but they don’t. So maybe before we have deputies giving official guidance to brand new deputies there should be some kind of vetting process. It makes sense. If you have that shitty of an attitude about them don’t sign up. It’s that easy. You know you don’t have to be an asshole about this place 100% of the time, give someone else a chance once in a while.

Come on this is LEO Affairs the rag sheet for the complainers. Why would anyone expect anything positive ever to posted on this site? This is for the moaners and whiners who are the minority that try to take everyone down with them.

Unregistered
12-11-2019, 06:07 AM
Yes I agree but it's still the truth, even less than FTO.

Unregistered
12-13-2019, 05:35 AM
Come on this is LEO Affairs the rag sheet for the complainers. Why would anyone expect anything positive ever to posted on this site? This is for the moaners and whiners who are the minority that try to take everyone down with them.

Because if you post complaints or criticisms on "Axe the Executive Staff" you can get black-listed, disciplined or fired.

If they or Bob do not like it they can always retire. With all those years of double-dipping and generous pensions they should have enough.

Unregistered
12-18-2019, 08:29 PM
It got canceled because not even 15 Deputies applied. That's a real shocker since the application process deters people from applying. If it were a general application, or just a memo, I'm sure people would apply, but it always has to be some big show.

Unregistered
12-19-2019, 01:53 AM
Agreed.

Without giving too many details, here's how I got what I wanted - I plagiarized from several resume samples I found online. it must have impressed the clueless brass. I also did a word search on the sergeant's test to find the right answers quickly while the dopes had hard copy with tabs. No studying required with the word search to get the answers.

Unregistered
12-19-2019, 07:14 AM
Agreed.

Without giving too many details, here's how I got what I wanted - I plagiarized from several resume samples I found online. it must have impressed the clueless brass. I also did a word search on the sergeant's test to find the right answers quickly while the dopes had hard copy with tabs. No studying required with the word search to get the answers.

No you didn’t.

Unregistered
12-19-2019, 02:18 PM
Wahhhhhh. Nobody wanted to try my program so I’m taking my ball and going home!! Jesus. Can you say megalomaniac? There can be only one!!! Deputies have been mentoring deputies for decades. It happens informally every day. Those who want to learn listen. Those who don’t can go on their own way. Formalizing this tradition doesn’t make it better. It just brands it with a BG so he can take credit for that too.

Unregistered
12-19-2019, 11:35 PM
To quote Cartmen, "Screw you guys I'm going home."

Unregistered
12-20-2019, 01:10 AM
"Out of the hundreds of eligible deputies we only needed about 15 to begin the pilot program. It is unfortunate but the response by those eligible to serve as mentors is inadequate to even begin the pilot program. Because we do not have enough deputies willing to participate and serve as mentors we will not be implementing either program. We will look for other ways to help our members succeed and achieve their career goals".

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH WHAT DID YOU EXPECT?

Unregistered
12-20-2019, 01:45 AM
"Out of the hundreds of eligible deputies we only needed about 15 to begin the pilot program. It is unfortunate but the response by those eligible to serve as mentors is inadequate to even begin the pilot program. Because we do not have enough deputies willing to participate and serve as mentors we will not be implementing either program. We will look for other ways to help our members succeed and achieve their career goals".

Translation: “The people I wanted to do this didn’t or wouldn’t sign up for it even after GS tried to “volunteer” them into doing it.”

I read butt hurt feelings in this message. And who is “we” who will look for other ways to help our members succeed? I have a great idea for how to mentor members!! Stop saying the bench for transfers and promotions is empty. That’s pretty demeaning if you weren’t aware asshole. What do you think people sitting on a promotional list tho k when you say that of them? And then you go and violate the contract and promote people who weren’t on the list. You can do that for captains and above Bob, not for anyone below. But you’ve scared anyone from ever challenging your absolute authority. There are some pointers for ya.

Unregistered
12-20-2019, 07:51 AM
GS always calls to “volunteer-tell” people for new positions. Just look at the whole RPO Unit. All of them at the beginning were “volun-told” by GS. It is a heavy handed tactic that has been used for years

Unregistered
12-20-2019, 07:56 AM
With all the losers we have been hiring and promoting in the last few years, of course they need mentors for handholding and participations trophies.

Unregistered
12-20-2019, 01:01 PM

Translation: “The people I wanted to do this didn’t or wouldn’t sign up for it even after GS tried to “volunteer” them into doing it.”

I read butt hurt feelings in this message. And who is “we” who will look for other ways to help our members succeed? I have a great idea for how to mentor members!! Stop saying the bench for transfers and promotions is empty. That’s pretty demeaning if you weren’t aware asshole. What do you think people sitting on a promotional list tho k when you say that of them? And then you go and violate the contract and promote people who weren’t on the list. You can do that for captains and above Bob, not for anyone below. But you’ve scared anyone from ever challenging your absolute authority. There are some pointers for ya.

Become Sheriff and then you can do what the FK you want. Until then fall in line and STFU or get out. Oh and BTW the bench is weak and you ain’t even on the bench so what does that say about your sorry azz?

Unregistered
12-20-2019, 04:25 PM
Become Sheriff and then you can do what the FK you want. Until then fall in line and STFU or get out. Oh and BTW the bench is weak and you ain’t even on the bench so what does that say about your sorry azz?

I wouldn’t want to be sheriff. And clearly he can’t do whatever the FK he wants or this program would be working. And the bench is what it is. It takes a piss poor leader to say the bench is empty publicly like that. That doesn’t inspire anyone. And as it has been shown you can’t predict how well someone will do as a supervisor until they are there. The promotional process hasn’t proven it or he wouldn’t have ignored the list to make some promotions. And you don’t know me so how would you know? So what does the sheriff’s ass taste like anyway? You’d definitely know.

Unregistered
12-20-2019, 05:41 PM
I wouldn’t want to be sheriff. And clearly he can’t do whatever the FK he wants or this program would be working. And the bench is what it is. It takes a piss poor leader to say the bench is empty publicly like that. That doesn’t inspire anyone. And as it has been shown you can’t predict how well someone will do as a supervisor until they are there. The promotional process hasn’t proven it or he wouldn’t have ignored the list to make some promotions. And you don’t know me so how would you know? So what does the sheriff’s ass taste like anyway? You’d definitely know.

Bob only denigrated himself when he said the bench is empty. He has been in charge for a while so the bench is empty because he picked the promotions. Plus he hired several dinosaurs to take up space and double-dip which prevents others from moving up. These geezers are here for the money and will retire in a couple of years, then what? If the bench is empty as Bob said, it's nobody's fault but his.

Unregistered
12-21-2019, 04:47 AM

When did he say the bench was empty? Maybe for IOB transfers, but not for promotions.

Unregistered
12-21-2019, 01:36 PM
When did he say the bench was empty? Maybe for IOB transfers, but not for promotions.

It was a couple of years ago when there was nobody other than trash left on the list and before the next test. People keep recycling one statement at one time. It was in supervisor development class and he said that he would promote outside the list before promoting people who were not good to be supervisors and that on the that list the bench was empty. there are good people on the list now. It was a while ago but people keep rehashing something said years ago.

Unregistered
12-21-2019, 08:18 PM
You shouldn't tell your subordinates such things irregardless of reasons. Does saying things like that motivate anyone

Unregistered
12-21-2019, 08:47 PM
It was a couple of years ago when there was nobody other than trash left on the list and before the next test. People keep recycling one statement at one time. It was in supervisor development class and he said that he would promote outside the list before promoting people who were not good to be supervisors and that on the that list the bench was empty. there are good people on the list now. It was a while ago but people keep rehashing something said years ago.

Yeah, Bob was crying about the list but he is the one that approved the test which produced the list.

Unregistered
12-22-2019, 01:06 PM
You shouldn't tell your subordinates such things irregardless of reasons. Does saying things like that motivate anyone

Sometimes the truth hurts. I was in that class and he also said at the same time that everyone complains about promotions no matter what he does. That also truth. It was also a discussion about experience he was not trashing everyone. Get your facts skrate. Did you volunteer to be a mentor? No? Then STFU!

Unregistered
12-22-2019, 03:51 PM
Who cares? It is a stupid idea and I didn’t vote for it. I guess the good ole boys in the sheriffs office didn’t want do it either.

Unregistered
12-22-2019, 11:44 PM

Hmm. Why do they rehash it. Probably because promotions like Ortiz, Street, Williams, Rassier, Horton, Heaton, Kohmann, McKnight, etc.

Unregistered
12-23-2019, 01:02 AM
Dean will get his chance and the bar isn't set hi

Unregistered
12-23-2019, 02:02 AM
Dean will get his chance and the bar isn't set hi

I don’t think he will and it’s high not 👋 hi 😛

Unregistered
12-23-2019, 11:36 AM
Can we all at least agree that Dean is far better than K.Williams.

Unregistered
12-23-2019, 12:04 PM
Hmm. Why do they rehash it. Probably because promotions like Ortiz, Street, Williams, Rassier, Horton, Heaton, Kohmann, McKnight, etc.

All those losers certainly makes the Sheriffs point!!! Heaton OMG the guy is terrible. That’s quite the B list you put together. I would rather the Sheriff go off the list than promote jokers like those.

Unregistered
12-23-2019, 05:55 PM
Can we all at least agree that Dean is far better than K.Williams.

KW was never even a frickin Cpl which should explain it all.

Unregistered
12-23-2019, 06:01 PM
Good people refuse to test because they pick who they want irregardless of the score

Unregistered
12-23-2019, 07:23 PM
Let's not forget Noble Kat. WOW. He's a topper.

Unregistered
12-23-2019, 07:25 PM
K.W. He's off the chart. So bad it's funny.

Unregistered
12-23-2019, 08:28 PM
The pathetic fact is everyone can name at least 6 names of people that could be extraordinary sgt but they dont want deal in politics if promotions

Unregistered
12-23-2019, 11:44 PM
Good people refuse to test because they pick who they want irregardless of the score

“Irregardless” is not a word, stupid. It’s just “regardless”.