PDA

View Full Version : 8 he shifts are being considered

Unregistered
10-31-2019, 12:42 AM
The 5th floor is weighing 8 hr shifts as it has been revealed many are working details after their shift ,sometimes working 20 hr days. What type of back up are you after sleeping for 2hr hours?

Unregistered
10-31-2019, 12:43 AM
YES,,,,, these 12hr shift are inflaming my hemmeriods

Unregistered
10-31-2019, 01:28 AM
The 5th floor is weighing 8 hr shifts as it has been revealed many are working details after their shift ,sometimes working 20 hr days. What type of back up are you after sleeping for 2hr hours?

Never going to happen.

Unregistered
10-31-2019, 01:56 AM
We are down 180 on road patrol right now. We would need another 150 to satisfy an 8 hour shift. Never gonna happen.

Unregistered
10-31-2019, 02:16 AM
I would love to see that happen, let the whining begin. The little snowflakes would learn to love their Tues/Wed off.

Unregistered
10-31-2019, 02:27 AM
We are down 180 on road patrol right now. We would need another 150 to satisfy an 8 hour shift. Never gonna happen.

Going from 4 shifts to 3. Rewards seniority. And requires fewer sergeants. They’re serious about it.

Unregistered
10-31-2019, 02:30 AM
I have the seniority to work anywhere with whatever days off. With that said f*** 8 hour shifts.

This benefits very few (including myself) at the expense of others. No thanks, I’ll keep my 4 days off.

Unregistered
10-31-2019, 03:01 AM
I have the seniority to work anywhere with whatever days off. With that said f*** 8 hour shifts.

This benefits very few (including myself) at the expense of others. No thanks, I’ll keep my 4 days off.

As a former PBA rep that supported that low life scum bag, can't wait until he is lowered in the ground, Israel. That father of 3, 1 whore, 1 criminal that sexually battered a handicap student, and the other triplet that is scared of the boggie man and sleeps with his his mother.

He promised 10 hour shifts. I guess when he witnessed Susan doing her thang with Polan, he went back on his promise.

The PBA was only right on the last 5 sheriffs. It was Israel. What a piece of shit.

Unregistered
10-31-2019, 03:10 AM
10’s would be nice and I can get behind that but they’re definitely not happening.

Unregistered
10-31-2019, 03:20 AM
10’s would be nice and I can get behind that but they’re definitely not happening.

Agreed. The overlap coverage would allow them to work but it’s too complicated for this command to handle. Most supervisors can’t even get the schedule right too :(

FLPD has Afternoons and midnights on 10 hour shifts 4/3 and day shift works 8 hours 5/2.
It works for
Everybody and incentivizes people to work afternoons or midnights to the extra day off.

But anything FLPD related is toxic at the moment.

Unregistered
10-31-2019, 04:20 AM
Going from 4 shifts to 3. Rewards seniority. And requires fewer sergeants. They’re serious about it.

It looks like it is going to happen, not to happy about it either. District is going to start next week implanting as a trial run??/WTF.

Unregistered
10-31-2019, 04:22 AM
It looks like it is going to happen, not to happy about it either. District is going to start next week implanting as a trial run??/WTF.

I don’t believe you. What district?

Unregistered
10-31-2019, 05:27 AM
I don't see how they could with the manpower so short. Let's say you need to cover 8 zones (ignoring minimums/people off for vacation/sick, etc.). With 12 hour shifts you would need 32 people and 4 Sgt's per week. With 8 hour days you would need 36 people and 6 Sgts. Were short Sgt.'s and Deputies. They can't fill the Deputies fast enough, let alone promote Sgt.'s fast enough.

Unregistered
10-31-2019, 06:10 AM

Not going to happen! It takes more personal to work 8's than it does to work 12's. If they are that stupid then they deserve everything they get. First of all NOBODY will apply, unless BSO is their last resort. Second, they won't be able to retain deputies, there will be a mass exit. The newbies won't stay to have Tuesday and Wednesday's off, especially working mids when you only get a day and a half off because you're trying to catch up on sleep. I call BS!!!!

Unregistered
10-31-2019, 06:32 AM
These are Isreal people attempting to make the current Sheriff look bad and damage morale further, ignore it. It just shows how desperate some people are getting.

Unregistered
10-31-2019, 09:05 AM
Not going to happen! It takes more personal to work 8's than it does to work 12's. If they are that stupid then they deserve everything they get. First of all NOBODY will apply, unless BSO is their last resort. Second, they won't be able to retain deputies, there will be a mass exit. The newbies won't stay to have Tuesday and Wednesday's off, especially working mids when you only get a day and a half off because you're trying to catch up on sleep. I call BS!!!!

What makes you think BSO already isn’t their last choice!

Unregistered
10-31-2019, 10:41 AM
If we went back to 8 hour shifts I would have to give up either my Amazon or Netflix subscription because I would all be able to watch 2 movies A-day instead of 3. What a dilemma

Unregistered
10-31-2019, 12:17 PM
Folks I can tell you with certainty that the 8 hr shifts will be back. Let’s put it this way I heard it directly from the horses mouth. It will be implemented slowly district by district.

Unregistered
10-31-2019, 12:37 PM
Yes let’s fix what’s not broken. But go ahead and keep hiring babies who cry they can’t work this or that shift. Paying your dues apparently has escaped this new breed of crybabies.

Unregistered
10-31-2019, 12:50 PM
I don't see how they could with the manpower so short. Let's say you need to cover 8 zones (ignoring minimums/people off for vacation/sick, etc.). With 12 hour shifts you would need 32 people and 4 Sgt's per week. With 8 hour days you would need 36 people and 6 Sgts. Were short Sgt.'s and Deputies. They can't fill the Deputies fast enough, let alone promote Sgt.'s fast enough.

You are looking at it the wrong way, it is easier to fill O.T with deputies working 8hrs vs 12hrs with regards to hours already worked in that day, the numbers of Sgt’s does not change because they just would eliminate Admin Sgt positions because now there would be two charlie shift pcn’s. Holiday, personal and bonus day accrual issue solved.

Read Article 3 Management Rights section of the Contract, Letter (F) outlines the ability to do so. Nothing was ever written in policy or contract to guarantee shifts, it was originally done as a trial, 8hrs will be welcomed back !

Unregistered
10-31-2019, 01:50 PM
Where’s my Tahoe. This guy over promises and under delivers. 8 hour shifts are never coming back. All you millennials can relax. Continue living with your mommy and daddy.

Unregistered
10-31-2019, 02:01 PM
Sure are a lot of Israel supporters trying to cause panic with the Deputies with all the false rumors being posted

Unregistered
10-31-2019, 02:09 PM
I'd welcome 8's. I've got seniority. I'll still have my night and weekends off. And so will the rest of you when you get your years in. That's how it used to be too.

Unregistered
10-31-2019, 02:29 PM
I welcome 8's too, because that will be the fastest way for this place to implode! Then we can start over. You think the millennials are crybabies now, wait until you tell them they are only getting Tuesday and Wednesday's off. They already have a tantrum when a holiday falls on their regular work day and they have to work. Of course I wouldn't be surprised if the 5th floor didn't start this thread so they can come in and be the hero when they say we're not going back to 8's.

Unregistered
10-31-2019, 03:41 PM

Wow Kojac...thats every other week!!! But hey we blow every day at work to gain a couple days off every other week? How can you explain travelling to work,,, working 12 hrs and travelling home is quality time? Your azz is in bed ready to do it again. All for the sake of 2 extra days off every other week. The 5th floor has noticed productivity down due to people being lazy and TIRED. Take it to the bank... and besides your pool boy is getting exhausted. Help him out would you?

Unregistered
10-31-2019, 03:42 PM

Lets see... Where are the Shift bids? What about vacation leave already approved? If this is being implemented next week by any District we would have heard about it. If they do it, it would need to start at next bid. I call BS.

The Pied Piper

Unregistered
10-31-2019, 04:25 PM
These are Isreal people attempting to make the current Sheriff look bad and damage morale further, ignore it. It just shows how desperate some people are getting.
THEY don't have to make this drooling poo throwing moron from the Metro Zoo look bad , he does that real well himself!

Unregistered
11-01-2019, 12:43 AM
Wow Kojac...thats every other week!!! But hey we blow every day at work to gain a couple days off every other week? How can you explain travelling to work,,, working 12 hrs and travelling home is quality time? Your azz is in bed ready to do it again. All for the sake of 2 extra days off every other week. The 5th floor has noticed productivity down due to people being lazy and TIRED. Take it to the bank... and besides your pool boy is getting exhausted. Help him out would you?
My wife complains also that I'm to tired to service her after 18hrs at work. I told her don't worry wait till next week when I have some days off!🥒

Unregistered
11-01-2019, 12:49 AM

If the 5th floor thinks productivity is down because deputies are tired, then they really are morons. Productivity is down because NOBODY wants to get fired for doing their job! Look at what's happened since he's taken over. It has nothing to do with being tired.

Unregistered
11-01-2019, 01:03 AM
If the 5th floor thinks productivity is down because deputies are tired, then they really are morons. Productivity is down because NOBODY wants to get fired for doing their job! Look at what's happened since he's taken over. It has nothing to do with being tired.

Then get with the program robocop. This is a national trend. Nobody wants to see a bad guy roughed up. Nobody believes an armed person committing a robbery to provide deserves to be shot and killed. Nobody believes a big fat clown like that mike brown who roughed up a store clerk to steal with force deserves to be detained!!! Please get with the program and find a nice tree on your 12s.....

Unregistered
11-01-2019, 01:31 AM
Then get with the program robocop. This is a national trend. Nobody wants to see a bad guy roughed up. Nobody believes an armed person committing a robbery to provide deserves to be shot and killed. Nobody believes a big fat clown like that mike brown who roughed up a store clerk to steal with force deserves to be detained!!! Please get with the program and find a nice tree on your 12s.....

Not Robocop. I already have my tree, I was just pointing out an error in their thinking.

Unregistered
11-01-2019, 04:30 AM
Lets see... Where are the Shift bids? What about vacation leave already approved? If this is being implemented next week by any District we would have heard about it. If they do it, it would need to start at next bid. I call BS.

The Pied Piper

Well my District just handed out new shift pick forms for 8 hr days...WTF. I spoke up and said doesn't this need to be a Union issue due to already doing shift picks. I was told since it is a temporary District implementation it doesn't need to go through the Union. I call B.S.

Unregistered
11-01-2019, 04:42 AM
Well my District just handed out new shift pick forms for 8 hr days...WTF. I spoke up and said doesn't this need to be a Union issue due to already doing shift picks. I was told since it is a temporary District implementation it doesn't need to go through the Union. I call B.S.

What district is that? I am putting in my transfer.

Unregistered
11-01-2019, 11:53 AM
What district is that? I am putting in my transfer.

It will be implemented in 2 districts to start. I'm happy for this because how can a rookie start with weekends

Unregistered
11-01-2019, 01:17 PM
It's a simple question, what two districts? I'm guessing these specific districts will not be named because it's not true. Don't get me wrong, some idiot will get on here and start naming districts to muddy the waters, but these two districts do not exist. They won't be named because it will be too easy to confirm. So I again call BS!

Unregistered
11-01-2019, 06:32 PM
It's a simple question, what two districts? I'm guessing these specific districts will not be named because it's not true. Don't get me wrong, some idiot will get on here and start naming districts to muddy the waters, but these two districts do not exist. They won't be named because it will be too easy to confirm. So I again call BS!

Calm down rookie boy..

Unregistered
11-01-2019, 06:51 PM
I sure hope we return to 8 hr shifts. At least I have a whole day left to do things. Wk details And Bang my lady

Unregistered
11-01-2019, 08:48 PM
It will be implemented in 2 districts to start. I'm happy for this because how can a rookie start with weekends

...because no one wants to do police work anymore. With a great economy and horrible reputation, departments need to use whatever motivating tools they can to hire officers. Rookies, like them or not, are giving you the backup and coverage you need to coast on to retirement without having to work mandatory OT on your days off, lessening your years on this earth. Times when you applied as a cop 20-30 years ago no longer exist. What's wrong with wanting new people to enjoy weekend, spend time with family, and be happy about coming to work?? I hope BSO realizes that we are on a state retirement and can go to numerous other agencies who have 12s and still let their officers be officers .

Unregistered
11-02-2019, 12:11 AM
...because no one wants to do police work anymore. With a great economy and horrible reputation, departments need to use whatever motivating tools they can to hire officers. Rookies, like them or not, are giving you the backup and coverage you need to coast on to retirement without having to work mandatory OT on your days off, lessening your years on this earth. Times when you applied as a cop 20-30 years ago no longer exist. What's wrong with wanting new people to enjoy weekend, spend time with family, and be happy about coming to work?? I hope BSO realizes that we are on a state retirement and can go to numerous other agencies who have 12s and still let their officers be officers .

Nobody is stopping you, if you don't like it then quit.

Unregistered
11-02-2019, 05:41 AM

Please leave you little p*ssy fagg*t, worthless piece of sh*t. I am sure you have NO time on and don't want Tues/Wed off.
Toooooo F’in Bad.

Unregistered
11-02-2019, 01:03 PM

This entire post is BS. How exactly did you just get a shift bid form when shift bids just too effect in August and the next is in January. If you are telling me it is not a union issue, then you are full of crap and have never looked at a contract. Even when the shift bid form submission dates are in the contract

Unregistered
11-02-2019, 06:43 PM
This post is just someone stirring the pot trying to distract from other issues. It's all BS!

Unregistered
11-02-2019, 09:13 PM
Please leave you little p*ssy fagg*t, worthless piece of sh*t. I am sure you have NO time on and don't want Tues/Wed off.
Toooooo F’in Bad.

Don't be mad because I actually enjoy my weekends off and not just work details or stay home and sleep all day like some of you other folks. We are a team and Rookies should not be punished because they're coming in a time when weekends are being considered now. It's 2019 and times are changing. Family time and self-care are what's important.

Unregistered
11-02-2019, 10:43 PM
Don't be mad because I actually enjoy my weekends off and not just work details or stay home and sleep all day like some of you other folks. We are a team and Rookies should not be punished because they're coming in a time when weekends are being considered now. It's 2019 and times are changing. Family time and self-care are what's important.

That's funny...family time is important...sunsentinel post the top 100 earners making 150-210k per year. Yeah real family time there pal🤣

Unregistered
11-03-2019, 12:01 AM
That's funny...family time is important...sunsentinel post the top 100 earners making 150-210k per year. Yeah real family time there pal🤣

Who cares what they do with THEIR time it's their time. Again why should new hires be punished just because we were back in the day. I have 22 years in, I have no problem giving them part of the weekend. We as an agency need to move forward, not backwards. Going back to five 8 hour days is moving backwards! NOBODY works 8 hour days anymore. With that said, I call Bull $hit on this entire thread. Plain and simple, the agency does not have the bodies to go back to 8 hour days. We are 200 deputies down, they're going to pull the extra bodies out of their azz? Now I know some of you will say they'll just hire OT to cover. Well, that would be a good thought, however, a lot of those guys and gals working OT are new. Now your forcing them to work weekends, with Tuesday and Wednesday's off, how willing would you be to help out the person that just screwed you out of your weekends? Also, now people work an extra day or two because they still have time off so you want to ask them to give up one or both of their days off.....not going to happen. Anybody who thinks it will is an idiot!

Unregistered
11-03-2019, 01:25 AM
Who cares what they do with THEIR time it's their time. Again why should new hires be punished just because we were back in the day. I have 22 years in, I have no problem giving them part of the weekend. We as an agency need to move forward, not backwards. Going back to five 8 hour days is moving backwards! NOBODY works 8 hour days anymore. With that said, I call Bull $hit on this entire thread. Plain and simple, the agency does not have the bodies to go back to 8 hour days. We are 200 deputies down, they're going to pull the extra bodies out of their azz? Now I know some of you will say they'll just hire OT to cover. Well, that would be a good thought, however, a lot of those guys and gals working OT are new. Now your forcing them to work weekends, with Tuesday and Wednesday's off, how willing would you be to help out the person that just screwed you out of your weekends? Also, now people work an extra day or two because they still have time off so you want to ask them to give up one or both of their days off.....not going to happen. Anybody who thinks it will is an idiot!

You are a forward thinker! Thank you for being open-minded to the cause. This agency needs rockstar do what it can to remain competitive to attract and keep bodies. Stay safe out there!