PDA

View Full Version : Contract

Unregistered
10-19-2019, 08:36 PM
Can the PBA put out a simple vote prior to continuing any further contract negotiations? One question is all that is needed.

Do you want to include the Healthcare Trust as it currently stands in this contract? Yes or No?

The majority of the Union is not in favor of the Trust as it currently stands. There are too many unanswered questions and the Union is trying to rush this and have it included in this contract. We need to either postpone the idea of the Trust or separate it from our current negotiations.

Unregistered
10-19-2019, 09:43 PM
Can the PBA put out a simple vote prior to continuing any further contract negotiations? One question is all that is needed.

Do you want to include the Healthcare Trust as it currently stands in this contract? Yes or No?

The majority of the Union is not in favor of the Trust as it currently stands. There are too many unanswered questions and the Union is trying to rush this and have it included in this contract. We need to either postpone the idea of the Trust or separate it from our current negotiations.

Please call the PBA or stop by if you have any questions.

Unregistered
10-19-2019, 09:48 PM
Please call the PBA or stop by if you have any questions.

I already have. I don’t need anymore questions answered at this time. I’m asking for a simple, one question poll to be sent out to the entire Union before we continue.

Unregistered
10-19-2019, 10:05 PM
I second that motion

Unregistered
10-20-2019, 01:11 AM
I second that motion

Sounds like a good idea. What’s the rush? Only gonna get one shot to get it right.

Unregistered
10-20-2019, 01:35 AM
A poll was already sent out.
#1 cola and #2 healthcare trust. And open forum is not the place to discuss the particulars of negotiations. Go to the FB page or sen the PBA an email.

Unregistered
10-20-2019, 01:59 AM
A poll was already sent out.
#1 cola and #2 healthcare trust. And open forum is not the place to discuss the particulars of negotiations. Go to the FB page or sen the PBA an email.

No, the poll was items in order of preference for contract ideas. This was a vague selection with the notion it was for retirement healthcare. It was also sent out before many of the details were available regarding the Trust. Also, less than a quarter of the Union responded to that survey.

Put a one question survey out!!!

Unregistered
10-20-2019, 03:15 AM
Stfu squirrel

Unregistered
10-20-2019, 03:24 AM
Stfu squirrel

Ok tough guy. In the meantime, can we have the question answered on if we can have a poll sent out? I agree with the original poster.

Unregistered
10-20-2019, 05:11 AM
Not going to be answered on this public website dipstick. I for one want the trust but I went to all the meeting and workshops. Obviously you didn’t

Unregistered
10-20-2019, 12:28 PM
Not going to be answered on this public website dipstick. I for one want the trust but I went to all the meeting and workshops. Obviously you didn’t

Again with the tough guy comments. I went to them as well, thanks. The PBA FB page has too much drama lately. It’s a pretty simple request. I’m not sure why you or the PBA are hesitant on a ONE question poll. Are you afraid it will not be favorable?

Unregistered
10-20-2019, 12:51 PM
Again with the tough guy comments. I went to them as well, thanks. The PBA FB page has too much drama lately. It’s a pretty simple request. I’m not sure why you or the PBA are hesitant on a ONE question poll. Are you afraid it will not be favorable?

“Dipstick?” Really stretching the boundaries of his/her vocabulary. Nobody is asking for any questions to be answered or needs go to Facebook like a high school girl. I support your position, and will answer your question for you. Why not send out at ONE QUESTION email poll? Because their little pet project will be voted DOWN. Not because it’s a bad idea, but because of the time frame, in relation to negotiations, that it is being constructed under.

I was not, nor am I currently a fan of shady AC, but you have to admit that this current group seems a lot more immature and dramatic than ever before. The only reason better qualified people don’t throw their hats in the ring is because of this. Who would want to be associated with these antics of late?

So go ahead and fire away with your childish names. Call me “dipstick”, “squirrel” or whatever else you do at your monthly clown circus/board meetings it doesn’t matter to me. Because everyone on here, a lot more than visit your high school Facebook page, will know tat you refuse to put out a one question email poll out to your members. A quick, 2 minute “survey monkey” email that would end all of this, but you’d rather just do your own thing.

Unregistered
10-20-2019, 01:04 PM
“Dipstick?” Really stretching the boundaries of his/her vocabulary. Nobody is asking for any questions to be answered or needs go to Facebook like a high school girl. I support your position, and will answer your question for you. Why not send out at ONE QUESTION email poll? Because their little pet project will be voted DOWN. Not because it’s a bad idea, but because of the time frame, in relation to negotiations, that it is being constructed under.

I was not, nor am I currently a fan of shady AC, but you have to admit that this current group seems a lot more immature and dramatic than ever before. The only reason better qualified people don’t throw their hats in the ring is because of this. Who would want to be associated with these antics of late?

So go ahead and fire away with your childish names. Call me “dipstick”, “squirrel” or whatever else you do at your monthly clown circus/board meetings it doesn’t matter to me. Because everyone on here, a lot more than visit your high school Facebook page, will know tat you refuse to put out a one question email poll out to your members. A quick, 2 minute “survey monkey” email that would end all of this, but you’d rather just do your own thing.

Well said.

Unregistered
10-20-2019, 02:19 PM
Huh? Do you think I’m on the PBA executive board ? I don’t have the power to make a “poll”. Do you really think the PBA reads Leo Affairs. Why don’t you just call them and ask them to put out the poll rather than coming on here. Or better yet just drive over there and talk to them in person. Then you will have your answer That’s why your a squirrel because you hide on this stupid site when all you have to do to get your answer is do it in person. Then you can come back on this squirrelly site and give the answer the PBA tells you. I’ll wait

Unregistered
10-20-2019, 02:21 PM
Oh and everyone can tell your answering you own posts. Might wanna wait more than a few minutes after posting before answering yourself. “Well Said”. “I second that”. Moron

Darla
10-20-2019, 02:24 PM
Since my phone never stops, I was notified of these "anonymous " posts. I don't condone drama and we have stopped the ones causing it on our page. It is only 4 people causing it. I'm not against putting out a poll, we actually talked about it last Friday. I'm not going to address the negative comments about me, because you have your opinion. Healthcare is negotiated at the same time as all contract items, because it's Article 33 in our contract. However, we have been doing contract negotiations separate from the rest of the contract. I appreciate all suggestions, but seeing it on LEO AFFAIRS from anonymous people, isn't how I should get them.

Unregistered
10-20-2019, 05:19 PM
Oh and everyone can tell your answering you own posts. Might wanna wait more than a few minutes after posting before answering yourself. “Well Said”. “I second that”. Moron

Nice attempt at detective work Robin. You should try your skills at the test Wednesday.

Unregistered
10-20-2019, 05:59 PM
Well looks like you got your answer. So go stop by or call the PBA and voice your concerns. Coward

Unregistered
10-20-2019, 06:02 PM
Believe It was talked about handling the regular contract items and leaving the health trust open to further negotiations. Board meetings are third Tuesday of every month you should go. You would be surprised how hard this board and staff work for you.

Unregistered
10-20-2019, 06:47 PM
I agree. Put out a poll. This affects everyone in the department and considering the implications, everyone should have a voice if they want this.

Unregistered
10-20-2019, 08:06 PM
You do and will have a voice and a vote. Goto a board meeting or as you call it a clown meeting and educate yourself. I’ve starting attending them as much as I can and I can say I had no idea prior to watching them what really goes on. I don’t go every month but I try. I recommend you do the same. As a paying member you can also address the board and from what I have seen they are very receptive to this.

Unregistered
10-21-2019, 12:48 AM
Again, I’ve made calls and spoke to Union Reps. Put a poll out

Unregistered
10-21-2019, 04:03 AM
I agree. Poll members. I will never vote for Trust as the city will attach it to the Raises

Unregistered
10-21-2019, 04:25 AM
Ugh. Everyone is an expert. $50 bucs you don’t know Diddley squat and haven’t been to a single negotiation or board meeting. Because you would have that answer if you did.

Unregistered
10-21-2019, 10:53 AM
Ugh. Everyone is an expert. $50 bucs you don’t know Diddley squat and haven’t been to a single negotiation or board meeting. Because you would have that answer if you did.

You must not be too bright. Read carefully this time- I have all the answers to the questions I had regarding the Trust. I’ve received my answers through the Trust meetings and phone calls to members of the Executive board. Like many others, I simply don’t like it. Put a poll out.

Unregistered
10-21-2019, 07:15 PM
Majority of officer's complained about health insurance. Now the PBA is trying to do something, by continuing what the PRIOR PBA started and NOW magically everyone is satisfied with current health insurance premiums rising and against this trust.

If the majority don't like this trust and vote against it it's our right, but hope our current or future PBA staff would not attempt this again and waste time and money when we officers don't educate ourselves and support the PBA who fights to change for the better.

No PBA will fight for any change in Health Insurance if we don't support them now. That's fact.

Unregistered
10-22-2019, 12:35 AM
Thank you for the poll. Can the PBA advise how long it will run for and if they plan on posting the results?

Unregistered
10-22-2019, 03:09 AM
Thank you for the poll. Can the PBA advise how long it will run for and if they plan on posting the results?

Runs through monday

Unregistered
10-22-2019, 03:12 AM
You must not be too bright. Read carefully this time- I have all the answers to the questions I had regarding the Trust. I’ve received my answers through the Trust meetings and phone calls to members of the Executive board. Like many others, I simply don’t like it. Put a poll out.

What specifically dont you like about the trust? If we had the trust now it would be 12-16% cheaper for the exact plan we have with the exact benefits we have. Why would you oppose cheaper insurance for the same benefits? You have your poll, so explain for all to see it's down side.

Unregistered
10-30-2019, 02:19 AM
Huh? Do you think I’m on the PBA executive board ? I don’t have the power to make a “poll”. Do you really think the PBA reads Leo Affairs. Why don’t you just call them and ask them to put out the poll rather than coming on here. Or better yet just drive over there and talk to them in person. Then you will have your answer That’s why your a squirrel because you hide on this stupid site when all you have to do to get your answer is do it in person. Then you can come back on this squirrelly site and give the answer the PBA tells you. I’ll wait

Relax AM, you cheerlead enough for the PBA via FB. Why don’t you take it down a notch on here. I’ll leave you some pom-poms in your mailbox.

Unregistered
10-30-2019, 03:12 PM
What specifically dont you like about the trust? If we had the trust now it would be 12-16% cheaper for the exact plan we have with the exact benefits we have. Why would you oppose cheaper insurance for the same benefits? You have your poll, so explain for all to see it's down side.

Poll is out! Overwhelming support for the trust.

Unregistered
11-01-2019, 02:16 AM
I don’t know if I would consider 125 votes overwhelming support...

Unregistered
11-01-2019, 02:40 PM
Well with typical low membership responses based on the responses it is still considered that the majority of those who responded are in favor!

Unregistered
11-05-2019, 01:21 PM
I don’t know if I would consider 125 votes overwhelming support...
80%+ isnt overwhelming???😉

Unregistered
11-08-2019, 02:46 AM
Just get me my money.

Unregistered
11-11-2019, 03:30 PM
Any updates yet? Have they talked #s? Rumors so far are:
3,3,3 it 4, 4, 4
No more LT test
Acting pay for eace day not for 2 consecutive
Higher speciality team and specialty squad pay
Higher clothing allowances
Increase longevity $
Increase of carry over hours
Change in % for promotion lists 50% det/cpl & 35% sgt
LTs bid
New Tampa open for bid all positions.

Unregistered
11-12-2019, 02:16 AM
Your right rumors, next negotiation is November 20th.

Unregistered
11-22-2019, 07:23 AM
I will never vote for the trust. To many variables. Active members have good insurance ask around other agencies. We wanted to help out retirees and current retired are not in this trust and will stay with city. No way the first couple years the trust will not be 16% cheeper. Plus it’s SELF insured. Why would I trust a brand new trust to be self insured. I’ll stay with city guaranteed insurance.

This is the best contract to get money for compounding our pension money as the city has it this time. I know insurance is steep after retirement but it isn’t bad with 13th check and this nation will have socialized healthcare by then so no worries for me.

People can have their opinion but that’s mine. Plus I don’t want to pay to take my car home. That is a real possibility if we push hard on this trust.

Finally trust was Abe idea so no I don’t want it.

Unregistered
11-22-2019, 11:01 AM
Dude you have no clue what your talking about. 100 bucks you haven’t been to a single contract or health trust negotiation or meeting. Keep your option to yourself nobody cares.

Unregistered
11-22-2019, 12:38 PM
Dude you have no clue what your talking about. 100 bucks you haven’t been to a single contract or health trust negotiation or meeting. Keep your option to yourself nobody cares.

Yeah! Keep you opinion to yourself dude! Where do you think you are, America?

Unregistered
11-22-2019, 08:57 PM

You wrote “your” when it should have been “you’re”. There’s no way you’re really a cop.

Unregistered
11-23-2019, 05:27 AM
If the person wants to express their opinion against the trust that is allowed. Right? Why do people who do not support trust get silenced. I will not support trust either.

The PBA said in the latest contract news that’s “the PBa asked if the trust was holding back negotiations?

City—“and the answer was no we are still running numbers”.

That is pretty simple. NUMBERS EQUALS COLAS AND RAISES

I like insurance I have now and I will need a COLA FOR EVERY YEAR.

NO TRUST

Unregistered
11-23-2019, 05:31 AM
You wrote “your” when it should have been “you’re”. There’s no way you’re really a cop.

100,000 mediun SALARY, 65,000 pension at 20 years. 375,000 DROP ACCOUNTS. TAKE HOME CARS. UNIFORMS, Equipment, guns, GAS, and Cars paid for by city and you all need more.

Wow.

Unregistered
11-23-2019, 09:05 PM
I retired in 2014. I am not destitute, and I am not complaining. I have a great pension. However, I want the actives to consider some simple math. When I retired I was a senior detective. Since then, as of the last contract, the pay for Senior detective has risen by more than $15,000, or about 17%. I just received my COLA statement for 2020. My pension has risen 9% total. And remember, COLAs in the pension are based on your base pension amount, not a compounded amount. Increased healthcare costs for the City family plan have eroded most of that increase. So basically I have about the same amount going into my pocket as I did in 2014. This really hasn't hurt me, as there is plenty going into my pocket, but eventually it will. So it would pay to be wise about retirement healthcare and cost of living raises for those of you who can still address it. When you plan smart, have everything paid off, but there is a giant payment that you have no control over, it places a little stress on you. I never even had a mortgage payment as high as my health insurance premium currently is. And it really doesn't cover much in the way of normal day to day medical expenses. Co-pays have risen, out-of-pocket limits have risen, and pay hasn't risen enough to match. If I stay on the City plan until Medicare, I still have about $200,000 in health insurance premiums to pay. Think about that. Due to health issues, I did not have the opportunity to do DROP, so I don't have that big bucket of money out there to help defray the gradually widening gap. If the actives set aside a big COLA now, they might be able to secure benefits that would be worth a lot more in the long term. Just my thoughts... Jeff Shearer

Unregistered
11-24-2019, 01:54 AM
There is little guarantee for an “insecured” trust where our city has already messed with us over healthcare for decades, now somehow we think they will not mess with numbers on how much they pay into trust, and if they continue to pay for “free employees” , and if the fund becomes solvent. We have nothing to compare to in our city. Other cities probably were not plundering their employees for several decades and making cold cash off their healthcare. TAMPA has done this. Therefore to many variables for me to trust the trust. But our COLAS have been awesome and without them no one would be able to retire at all. Compounding interest is the most important thing for us. Without colas wages and pensions are stagnant.

No one has to have city healthcare when they retire. Their are other plans unless you just plan on never working again then I guess city is best option and the 13th check when available must be used for healthcare. When democrats take over we will have national healthcare. So a trust would be taken by feds not returned to employees. Think

I don’t know of any agency in Florida that has awesome and cheap healthcare at retirement

I will wait.

Unregistered
11-25-2019, 11:52 PM
100,000 mediun SALARY, 65,000 pension at 20 years. 375,000 DROP ACCOUNTS. TAKE HOME CARS. UNIFORMS, Equipment, guns, GAS, and Cars paid for by city and you all need more.

Wow.

Your numbers are wrong and you are obviously terminally illiterate.

Unregistered
11-26-2019, 04:11 AM
I’m astonished for those that hang their hat on the saying of,”Forgo a COLA now so you can getter better healthcare.” That COLA now is the 1 and only guarantee that will affect not only your current paycheck but your Pension check for the rest of your life!! That COLA is compounded and can drastically change your monthly pension! I truly wish the Union would separate the two and negotiate them independently. Many of us do not want this Trust included in this contract. They are in essence forcing it upon the members by including it in this contract.

Unregistered
11-26-2019, 03:48 PM
F.Y.I. the city is fully aware that the P.B.A. is negotiating the Health Trust and the Contract as two separate negotiations the city has been the entity that has been delaying the progression of negotiations.

Unregistered
11-26-2019, 04:21 PM
John was too busy being in Holland trying to find out how to save the world. I guess there should be no more high rise condos on Bayshore if it will all flood away. Save us Father John.

Snake Farm.

Unregistered
11-26-2019, 09:21 PM
F.Y.I. the city is fully aware that the P.B.A. is negotiating the Health Trust and the Contract as two separate negotiations the city has been the entity that has been delaying the progression of negotiations.

Will we be able to vote on them as two separate items??

Unregistered
11-28-2019, 03:47 AM
They are NOT two separate to the city. How stupid is whoever is pushing these lies. If city says they are running NUMBERS that means they consider the contract and the whole city as part of equation.

Unregistered
11-28-2019, 08:55 PM
Absolutely amazing there are union members that only want the COLA and any another benifit that goes straight into their pocket, NOW. The same ones who refuse to work OD and pensionable OT. Speaks volumes about this generation..

Unregistered
11-29-2019, 03:12 AM
Absolutely amazing there are union members that only want the COLA and any another benifit that goes straight into their pocket, NOW. The same ones who refuse to work OD and pensionable OT. Speaks volumes about this generation..

See, that’s where it shows that you think you’re smarter than you are. Read carefully now- The COLAs you make today, effect your pension for the rest of your life. Can I make it any clearer for you?

Unregistered
11-30-2019, 02:50 PM
Will we be able to vote on them as two separate items??

Darla,

This is a good question. Can you answer it? Thanks

Unregistered
12-02-2019, 01:39 AM
Darla,

This is a good question. Can you answer it? Thanks

By the lack of the PBA’s response to the question we can assume the answer is no.

Unregistered
12-02-2019, 11:15 AM
By the lack of the PBA’s response to the question we can assume the answer is no.

Are you stoopid? Call Darla or ask on PBA message board not on LEOAFFAIRS.