PDA

View Full Version : Peanuts

Unregistered
07-08-2019, 02:16 PM
So we are only getting three percent raise again this year and Orange County is getting the next step plus 8%. I guess so much for them wanting to make us the highest paid agent in Central Florida. And before you say "then go to OCSO" nothing will improve here unless we voice our opinions and clearly we can't get a UNION (Yes I said the forbidden word) to actually start or do anything for us. #WeWorkForPeanuts #ThisPlaceIsACircus #LemmaIsTheClown #WeNeedANewSheriff #WeAreUnfortunatelySCSO

Unregistered
07-10-2019, 12:28 PM
Pretty sure the Sheriff said 5 percent. If you think a union will help, stop complaining and get one organized, or better yet, attend the job fair Orange County is having this week.

Unregistered
07-10-2019, 04:05 PM
So we are only getting three percent raise again this year and Orange County is getting the next step plus 8%. I guess so much for them wanting to make us the highest paid agent in Central Florida. And before you say "then go to OCSO" nothing will improve here unless we voice our opinions and clearly we can't get a UNION (Yes I said the forbidden word) to actually start or do anything for us. #WeWorkForPeanuts #ThisPlaceIsACircus #LemmaIsTheClown #WeNeedANewSheriff #WeAreUnfortunatelySCSO

It's a free market, you accepted the job for an agreed upon amount of money. If you think you are worth more find someone else who agrees with you and make it happen.

Unregistered
07-10-2019, 04:26 PM
It's a free market, you accepted the job for an agreed upon amount of money. If you think you are worth more find someone else who agrees with you and make it happen.
Agreed!!! Couldn’t have said it better!

Unregistered
07-10-2019, 05:04 PM
Pretty sure the Sheriff said 5 percent. If you think a union will help, stop complaining and get one organized, or better yet, attend the job fair Orange County is having this week.

See you there cause obviously you've been looking too.

Unregistered
07-10-2019, 05:07 PM

Accepted a job, didn't expect to be paid the same poor rate for the last 13 years. If you dont think you're worth more money than you make, you should really ask yourself why. If you're not looking to better yourself then you'll always be stuck in this crappy circus soup pot.

Unregistered
07-11-2019, 05:32 AM
Accepted a job, didn't expect to be paid the same poor rate for the last 13 years. If you dont think you're worth more money than you make, you should really ask yourself why. If you're not looking to better yourself then you'll always be stuck in this crappy circus soup pot.

But you came.into SCSO and knew they didn't have a step plan. You.knew what the salary was and we're never promised ant raises. And again after 13 years if you.dont like.it leave go to another agency that will pay you more.

Unregistered
07-17-2019, 03:44 AM
So we're just suppose to remain the same and never hope for improvement or to get better? We should just be happy with staying in the same low paying position our whole 25 years? Yea right....

Unregistered
07-18-2019, 05:16 AM
Defending mediocre pay, wow.... Ol’ Dennis has really indoctrinated some of you. Unreal.

Unregistered
07-18-2019, 05:31 AM
So we're just suppose to remain the same and never hope for improvement or to get better? We should just be happy with staying in the same low paying position our whole 25 years? Yea right....

No you don't have to find this agency that thinks you're worth money and go to it. ASAP in fact, but remember you are paid what your employer thinks your worth, not what you think!

Unregistered
07-24-2019, 06:50 PM
OPD pays more than OCSO....I heard.

Unregistered
07-25-2019, 02:25 AM
OPD pays more than OCSO....I heard.

If your only reason for working in law enforcement is pay, you probably picked the wrong career.

Unregistered
07-29-2019, 12:37 PM
OPD and ocso pay is almost neck and neck but OPD is 20 and out which is awesome.

Unregistered
08-01-2019, 02:03 PM
https://ibb.co/KXSfkBm

Well... pizza party

Unregistered
08-03-2019, 11:52 AM
https://ibb.co/KXSfkBm

Well... pizza party

You mean snow cone party

Unregistered
08-10-2019, 11:35 AM
OCSO getting yet another large raise and we're getting minimal garbage over here. Get ready for round 2 of people leaving. (And I know all you DL supporters will say "just leave then" but I want you to know what an agency with a real Sheriff does and with one who isnt afraid of his own shadow does what he needs to do to keep his staff at his agency). Its pretty sad a brand new Deputy at OCSO makes more then a 12 year Deputy here. Maybe our snowcone trailer can pass out peanuts or maybe peanut flavored snowcone's. Oh and DL that feeling inside that you say keeps us here, its indigestion.

Unregistered
08-21-2019, 01:46 PM
If your only reason for working in law enforcement is pay, you probably picked the wrong career.

Of course not but better pay to me translates into having to work less overtime and off duty. That way I can spend more time with my family and living a productive life (gym, sports, hobbies, etc).

I’ve noticed only low paying departments admin say that same you picked the wrong job bs. Orlando PD, Orange, Hillsborough, are all law enforcement too and don’t have to live check to check.

Unregistered
08-22-2019, 04:49 PM
I've been working for this agency for less than 5 years, and I want to leave. So much ego in the air.

Unregistered
08-22-2019, 06:35 PM
I've been working for this agency for less than 5 years, and I want to leave. So much ego in the air.

You are absolutely correct, the Seminole County Sheriff’s Office is a dumpster of burning shit. Anyone interested in joining this agency should run far away.